Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mmf
    replied
    Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Nooks down 6-4 after two. They are pi $$ing away home ice.

Leave a comment:

• mmf
    replied

Nooks down 3-1 after one to UAH. Hope we can chalk up the first period to coming off a bye week. The Nooks are starting to control play but UAH is making the most of their opportunities. I’m surprised Martinsson is still in net, although the first two were tough deflections. The third…not so much.

Leave a comment:

• mmf
    replied

We are a decent skating club. We're good enough to skate around the perimeter and play a bit of keep-away, but not good enough to convert that type of puck possession into quality scoring chances. We just end up passing up shooting lanes, over-passing, and turning the puck over. Especially on the PP. We need a sweep to keep home ice in play.

The 3 keys for this weekend’s series at UAH (and all remaining games):
    1. Get shots on goal, scramble for the rebound.
    2. Get shots on goal, scramble for the rebound.
    3. Get shots on goal, scramble for the rebound.

Go Nooks!
    #RuleTheNorth

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied

I’m a bit delayed, but thank you Alaska for the great visit to Fairbanks & the hospitality the week before last! Looking forward to the run to Anchorage next year and maybe even a trip down the Kenai to Homer in the summertime.

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied
    Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    Your sarcasm isn't lost however you missed the mark.
    All of the folks you mentioned in the stands, press box, etc. have the advantage of endless replays and hindsight.
    Those are great advantages others in the heat of the moment don't have.
    Fact not opinion.
    You’re absolutely right!

Leave a comment:

• mmf
    replied

We got some help this past weekend from UAH and BSU. Much appreciated. BSU’s sweep of BGSU just reeled them back into the mix with UAF and MTU for the last home playoff spot. BGSU still has two games in hand on us but they are also seven points behind. The only head-to-head in this group is when UAF hosts BGSU Feb 14 & 15.

Getting swept probably knocks either team out of contention. A spilt benefits MTU. That assumes that all three of us take care of business with our other games, which is definitely not a given. Every lost point will be a dagger for any of us.

Down the stretch:
    Alaska (35 pts): @UAH, BGSU, UAA, pts possible = 53
    MTU (32 pts) : LSSU, @FSU, h/h NMU, pts possible = 50
    BGSU (28 pts): UAA, @UAF, FSU, @UAH, pts possible = 52

Go Nooks!
    #RuleTheNorth

Leave a comment:

• Scrum Bucket
    replied

They can use Saturday night as a springboard for sure against BGSU. Go Seawolves !!

Leave a comment:

• Seawolf Fan
    replied

Getting ready for Friday at Bowling Green.
    Should be a competitive weekend.
    Go Seawolves!

Leave a comment:

• purpleinnebraska
    replied
    Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
    They can review any play to see if it was a major penalty, but they can only call a major or no penalty at all. That happened last week In Fairbanks at the end of fridays game. There was no original call made, they reviewed it and we had to kill off the major for the rest of regulation in a tie game.
    Intent behind this was good, but I think it’s bad in practice. It puts the refs in the position that if they realize they missed one, are they going to say, “Oh well, I’ll do better next time,” or are they going to say, “I better call something”?
    I’m not a fan of replay in general, but if you’re going to use it, at least let the refs make the right call.

Leave a comment:

• Suze
    replied

They can review any play to see if it was a major penalty, but they can only call a major or no penalty at all. That happened last week In Fairbanks at the end of fridays game. There was no original call made, they reviewed it and we had to kill off the major for the rest of regulation in a tie game.
    Thanks. I wasn't aware they could do that.

Leave a comment:

• GoNanooks
    replied
    Originally posted by Suze View Post
    Well in their defense, they did review it but they couldn't see it from that camera angle because the boards were in the way. What was up with the 5 minute penalty on Sinclair though? No penalty was called on the ice. But when the Mankato player didn't get up they decided to review the play to see if there was a penalty. I didn't think they could do that if NO call had been made on the ice. Anyone know the rule on that?

Leave a comment:

• Suze
    replied

Gotta love those plays they decide not to review. Not like it will affect the outcome of the game or anything.
    Well in their defense, they did review it but they couldn't see it from that camera angle because the boards were in the way. What was up with the 5 minute penalty on Sinclair though? No penalty was called on the ice. But when the Mankato player didn't get up they decided to review the play to see if there was a penalty. I didn't think they could do that if NO call had been made on the ice. Anyone know the rule on that?

Leave a comment:

• GoNanooks
    replied
    Originally posted by Suze View Post
    I wish the refs could have seen if that was offside before the Mavs scored their first goal. The body language of the fans right there and the UAA player tells me it was likely offside. Crap.
    Gotta love those plays they decide not to review. Not like it will affect the outcome of the game or anything.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied

This game sucks sometimes. Half an inch and half a second.

Leave a comment:

• Suze
    replied
    So close! We were pulling for you tonight Seawolves, and I understand the pain of letting a win slip away. I was at the game last year in Denver where we lost a 3-1 lead in the last 2 minutes and finished with a tie. And thank you Huntsville for taking those points from the huskies.
    I wish the refs could have seen if that was offside before the Mavs scored their first goal. The body language of the fans right there and the UAA player tells me it was likely offside. Crap.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X