Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

    Nooks lose 7-0 to Penn State, but it wasn't that close.
    PSU is a very good skating team, but we helped make them look great.
    Not just a bad outcome, but a very disappointing team effort by the Nooks.
    "Who got the Cup?"
    UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

    Comment


    • Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

      Any UAA fans have 6 tickets for sale? Lol

      Edit: Only need 3 tickets each night
      Last edited by UAFIceAngel; 10-17-2019, 10:33 PM.

      Comment


      • Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

        Originally posted by mmf View Post
        Nooks lose 7-0 to Penn State, but it wasn't that close.
        PSU is a very good skating team, but we helped make them look great.
        Not just a bad outcome, but a very disappointing team effort by the Nooks.
        Whoa, didn't see that coming. The Nooks looked very good against both DU and Tech!
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

        From ADN:

        "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

        UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

        Comment


        • Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

          Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
          MMF - You need to update your signature....
          USCHO is not letting me edit my signature. Keep getting an "invalid file" error message. I may just delete it.
          Edit: won't let me delete it either. I sent them an email a few weeks ago but I'm sure I'll never hear from them.
          Last edited by mmf; 10-17-2019, 09:42 PM.
          "Who got the Cup?"
          UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

          Comment


          • Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

            Originally posted by Suze View Post
            Whoa, didn't see that coming. The Nooks looked very good against both DU and Tech!
            Well, tonight corrected that perception!
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

            It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

            Comment


            • Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

              Wow it looks like the Nanooks might pull off a big upset. 2-0 Alaska after 2.
              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

              Comment


              • Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

                Great job boys. Way to respond.
                The Nooks take down PSU 4-0.
                PSU was never really in the game. Most of their shots were two feet inside the blue line or two feet off the boards, few quality scoring chances. But great team defensive effort by the Nooks never let them get behind us.
                I've never seen a two game series so flip-flopped.

                Go Nooks!
                #RuleTheNorth
                "Who got the Cup?"
                UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

                Comment


                • Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

                  Fantastic response by the Nooks tonight. Some stupid penalties taken but overall I liked what I saw. Can’t wait for next weekend!

                  Comment


                  • Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

                    What a night!!! Made it in town for the revenge game after traveling on Thursday. It was fun, especially in the third period as both the players and fans got frustrated. We turned it up a notch in the third period for sure. Good to get back on track as we head to anchorage next week.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

                      Included within are some post game comments from Guy tonight. https://https://gopsusports.com/news/2019/10/18/mens-hockey-blanked-by-alaska.aspx
                      Last edited by Schlacker Rat; 10-19-2019, 01:29 AM.
                      Alaska - My Very Big Back Yard!!!!

                      Comment


                      • Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

                        NookALum on board... I'm a newby to posting. Very impressive bounce back efforrt for the team against avery talented Penn State team. Really a good sign for the team moving forward. I've watched every game thus far either live or via online and the Nanaooks could very well be the surprise team in college hockey this year...something that very few saw coming. They truley didnt allow Penn Stae much tonight..very similar to last weekend's Mchigan Tech series. Don't be surprized in a top-four WCHA finish ths year, as they should only get stronger and more confident as the season progresses

                        Comment


                        • Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

                          Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                          Any UAA fans have 6 tickets for sale? Lol

                          Edit: Only need 3 tickets each night

                          The price just went up......
                          Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


                          Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

                          I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by NookAlum View Post
                            NookALum on board... I'm a newby to posting. Very impressive bounce back efforrt for the team against avery talented Penn State team. Really a good sign for the team moving forward. I've watched every game thus far either live or via online and the Nanaooks could very well be the surprise team in college hockey this year...something that very few saw coming. They truley didnt allow Penn Stae much tonight..very similar to last weekend's Mchigan Tech series. Don't be surprized in a top-four WCHA finish ths year, as they should only get stronger and more confident as the season progresses
                            Welcome!

                            Positivity after big wins is huge.

                            If you told me the Nanooks would be 3-3-0 after two series against top 10 teams and a trip to the black hole in Houghton, I would have taken it.

                            But you're right, this Nanooks team looks to be a real contender. But the guys need to keep growing and getting better everyday. October Nanooks are looking good early on, but staying healthy and growing will need to be an emphasis to sustain success.

                            It's not all roses though. While the power play has gotten chances, they have not produced. They've allowed more shorthanded goals against than they've scored power play goals for. That's a trend that needs to change.

                            Couple of trap games in Anchorage coming up. They need to win the games they're supposed to and a few that they aren't.
                            Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

                            Comment


                            • Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

                              Actually, to have a 3-3 record against the schedule we just played (with 4 of 6 games on the road and the lone home series against top ranked Denver) is very impressive, especially considering that we have not been successful on the pp yet. Moved the puck on the pp pretty well tonight though, just need to pull the trigger and shoot more. PK has been very good though.
                              UAF will certainly be favored against the Sea pups next weekend, but being a rivalry game, anything can happen and usaually does.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by NookAlum View Post
                                Actually, to have a 3-3 record against the schedule we just played (with 4 of 6 games on the road and the lone home series against top ranked Denver) is very impressive, especially considering that we have not been successful on the pp yet. Moved the puck on the pp pretty well tonight though, just need to pull the trigger and shoot more. PK has been very good though.
                                UAF will certainly be favored against the Sea pups next weekend, but being a rivalry game, anything can happen and usaually does.
                                Welcome...always nice to have another good guy around here. Seawolves will be doing everything they can to not break in their new digs with a couple of L’s next weekend. I expect desperation and shenanigans to occur.
                                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

                                —UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X