Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

    Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
    UAF has an ongoing scheduling agreement with ASU now...did UAA do the same?
    I have no idea.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

    Comment


    • Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

      #ShadySeven
      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
        #ShadySeven
        They’re “prominent”. The press release says so.
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

        —UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
          Would love to see the Seawolves deep six ASU's pairwise tonight.
          Your part of the world may well become the most important.

          Comment


          • Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

            Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
            They’re “prominent”. The press release says so.
            So's an erect *****, some of the time.

            GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
              They’re “prominent”. The press release says so.
              The thing I’ve learned in the past few days is everyone feels real bad about what’s happening to UAA and UAF but it’s not their fault and therefore they have no responsibility to help.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

              Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

              Comment


              • Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

                What a good game tonight. But man on man, when are the Seawolves going to learn how to not lose a close game? Up 2-1 and they are gifted with a 5 minute power play to end the 3rd period - and they manage to give up a shorty. Sigh. At least they got a point.
                Originally Posted by aparch
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

                From ADN:

                "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

                UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  What a good game tonight. But man on man, when are the Seawolves going to learn how to not lose a close game? Up 2-1 and they are gifted with a 5 minute power play to end the 3rd period - and they manage to give up a shorty. Sigh. At least they got a point.
                  Young team. You’ll get there, but hopefully not until after this weekend.
                  “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

                  —UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

                  Comment


                  • Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

                    Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                    Young team. You’ll get there, but hopefully not until after this weekend.
                    Oh give us one win. It's for the greater good.

                    Besides, you guys always win in the shootout anyway.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

                    Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      Oh give us one win. It's for the greater good.

                      Besides, you guys always win in the shootout anyway.
                      Hockey east wants both teams.

                      Comment


                      • Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

                        Seawolves played a good game on Saturday night. Giving up the shorty hurt them. . They gave both Minnesota teams a scare, I think the young blood on this team has a bright future, and I think they are being well coached. Not super confident they can beat the Mavs in the playoffs, but I hope they give em hell!

                        Oh, and a split with Fbx would be nice too..

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
                          Seawolves played a good game on Saturday night. Giving up the shorty hurt them. . They gave both Minnesota teams a scare, I think the young blood on this team has a bright future, and I think they are being well coached. Not super confident they can beat the Mavs in the playoffs, but I hope they give em hell!

                          Oh, and a split with Fbx would be nice too..
                          Seawolves must have an influx of Mainers,

                          Comment


                          • Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

                            Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
                            Seawolves played a good game on Saturday night. Giving up the shorty hurt them. . They gave both Minnesota teams a scare, I think the young blood on this team has a bright future, and I think they are being well coached. Not super confident they can beat the Mavs in the playoffs, but I hope they give em hell!

                            Oh, and a split with Fbx would be nice too..
                            No reason to think they won't split. When UA_ came to Anchorage they eeked out a win on Friday 3-2, but UAA beat them on Saturday 4-0. Are goals scored going to be a tie breaker this season, as it has been in the past?
                            Originally Posted by aparch
                            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

                            From ADN:

                            "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

                            UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

                              Originally posted by Suze View Post
                              No reason to think they won't split. When UA_ came to Anchorage they eeked out a win on Friday 3-2, but UAA beat them on Saturday 4-0. Are goals scored going to be a tie breaker this season, as it has been in the past?
                              I hope it's a moot point, but I don't recall the Gov Cup being decided by goal differential. We tied in 2014-15 but there was no goal differential, and the Nooks won the shootout. We tied in 2011-12 and the Nooks had a 15-11 advantage on goals. But it went to a shootout and the Nooks won. I think the Brice Tourney was based on goal differential and we edged out UAA one year. But I have no idea what the rules are this weekend.
                              "Who got the Cup?"
                              UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Suze View Post
                                No reason to think they won't split. When UA_ came to Anchorage they eeked out a win on Friday 3-2, but UAA beat them on Saturday 4-0. Are goals scored going to be a tie breaker this season, as it has been in the past?
                                Should be a good series. Both teams have a lot to play for, finally.
                                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

                                —UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X