Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    great attitude
    What are the other schools gonna do about it, form a new conference without UAA?
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

    Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

    Comment


    • Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

      [QUOTE=Shirtless Guy;68606/
      And the attitude of the bus riding 7?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Alaska1986 View Post
        Thanks, I may wait until after the game to grab a beer at that price.
        Ouch, beer/drinks at T Mobile (VGK) were $17 each. Tall boys but still.
        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Suze View Post
          Thanks for posting the article. The guy needs to get a grip on reality.
          Hah, the uni should then cut everything that does not make a profit. Idiot.
          Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

          Comment


          • Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

            Darn! I was saying this team may be better than some folks thought.
            Before Fridays game Coach's talk was to stay out of the box so what do we do?
            7 penaltes and the Omaha boys score twice.
            Same story last night.
            So this weekend we lose one and tie the other.
            If our guys had not been in the penalty box both those games would have been in the W column.
            Gotta get it across: STAY OUT OF THE BOX!!!!

            Comment


            • Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

              Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
              And the attitude of the bus riding 7?
              I'm not a huge fan of what they did, but if I was them, I'd get pretty sick of Alaska's attitude toward athletics and universities in general. Not to mention the decision to move UAA's games does not seem like a great thing in any way/shape/form.
              Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 11-03-2019, 10:09 PM.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

              Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

              Comment


              • Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

                [QUOTE=Shirtless Guy;6860941]
                Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post

                I'm not a huge fan of what they did, but if I was them, I'd get pretty sick of Alaska's attitude toward athletics and universities in general. Not to mention the decision to move UAA's games does not seem like a great thing in any way/shape/form.
                Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. The players and fans seem to like the games on campus. Paying $25,000 for each home series played at the Sully, as well as paying airfare and lodging for visiting teams was not a smart plan when $$ is an issue with the state. In past seasons the guys practiced on NHL ice and played on Olympic ice. Also not a very desirable situation to be in. If they can expand the on-campus seating, it will be a perfect situation.
                Originally Posted by aparch
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

                From ADN:

                "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

                UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

                Comment


                • Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

                  Is AA playing in a different arena this year? Watching UAF game and they have a nice arena which I can't remember ever seeing.

                  Comment


                  • Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

                    Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                    Is AA playing in a different arena this year? Watching UAF game and they have a nice arena which I can't remember ever seeing.
                    Yes, the Seawolves moved back to campus. UA_ is playing in the Carlson Center, where they have played for years.
                    Originally Posted by aparch
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

                    From ADN:

                    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

                    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

                    Comment


                    • [QUOTE=Suze;6860962]
                      Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post

                      In past seasons the guys practiced on NHL ice and played on Olympic ice. Also not a very desirable situation to be in. If they can expand the on-campus seating, it will be a perfect situation.
                      I am glad they are practicing on ice they play in. Not just specific ice rink but same size. As for expanding, see governors plans to cut UA spending over the next three years. I don’t know about you but I don’t own Google or Facebook to make the upgrades. As for the ADN article from a faculty member on athletics, I am an alumni of UAA and have attended several games since graduating. It was apart of my experience and the same goes for many of my friends. I was a student during the run of 2008 basketball playoff runs and we talked about it. Even as an alumni we talk about the runs in volleyball and women’s basketball. It keeps us connected. Sports do play a role in the collegiate experience. I know not all people get it but having worked with student athletes myself, they are appreciative of the opportunities to enhance their lives.

                      Comment


                      • Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

                        Originally posted by Alaska1986 View Post

                        I am glad they are practicing on ice they play in. Not just specific ice rink but same size. As for expanding, see governors plans to cut UA spending over the next three years. I don’t know about you but I don’t own Google or Facebook to make the upgrades. As for the ADN article from a faculty member on athletics, I am an alumni of UAA and have attended several games since graduating. It was apart of my experience and the same goes for many of my friends. I was a student during the run of 2008 basketball playoff runs and we talked about it. Even as an alumni we talk about the runs in volleyball and women’s basketball. It keeps us connected. Sports do play a role in the collegiate experience. I know not all people get it but having worked with student athletes myself, they are appreciative of the opportunities to enhance their lives.
                        I know why its happening...the point is that this situation is bad and the other 7 decided they didn't want to be a part of it anymore...I wouldn't be surprised if part of it was that a couple of those school were going to leave no matter what so the others decided to band together with them...it will be interesting to see what actually happens in 2 years to the conferences.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

                        Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

                        Comment


                        • [QUOTE=Shirtless Guy;6860941]
                          Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post

                          I'm not a huge fan of what they did, but if I was them, I'd get pretty sick of Alaska's attitude toward athletics and universities in general. Not to mention the decision to move UAA's games does not seem like a great thing in any way/shape/form.
                          That $25k UAA was paying every weekend to play at Sullivan Arena would have been a lot more feasible if they weren’t footing the travel bill for every visiting team. Same goes for UAF.
                          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

                          —UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

                          Comment


                          • Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

                            The post that starts "I'm not a huge fan" is a corruption of a response I was trying to make to shirtless guy or whatever his name is. I had written a response and unknown to me I was offline and my response did not go through but somehow the crap that shirtless had posted did.
                            That is not my post.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

                              [QUOTE=Squarebanks;6861137]
                              Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post

                              That $25k UAA was paying every weekend to play at Sullivan Arena would have been a lot more feasible if they weren’t footing the travel bill for every visiting team. Same goes for UAF.
                              Yeah, that agreement was/is so unfair. And now we know just how much the 7 other teams appreciates UAA and UA_'s sacrifices.
                              Originally Posted by aparch
                              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

                              From ADN:

                              "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

                              UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

                                Originally posted by Suze View Post

                                Yeah, that agreement was/is so unfair. And now we know just how much the 7 other teams appreciates UAA and UA_'s sacrifices.
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

                                Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X