Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-2020 Ohio State Hockey - Shooting for Detroit (no pun intended)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied
    Re: 2019-2020 Ohio State Hockey - Shooting for Detroit (no pun intended)

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
    my first year having them in a while but no i havent got mine yet
    I got them today but they screwed it up. I have 3 seats and I received tickets for two of my seats and all of somebody else's season tickets so I'll have to take the time to call them and straighten it all out.

Leave a comment:

• klbaum1077
    replied

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    Did anyone get their season tickets yet?
    my first year having them in a while but no i havent got mine yet

Leave a comment:

• pgb-ohio
    replied

Wisconsin is all on the rep that those 3 freshman draft picks will be better than any in the league...Wisconsin has to prove it to me first.
    Interesting perspective. I'm waiting for Mr.PGB to come back and hear his 2 cents worth as well. He does seem to put some thought into what he posts.
    Sorry to keep you waiting; but thanks for the compliment. I think. The phrase "does seem" leaves me a little nervous.

This response is going to be as much disclaimer as analysis. I rarely post pre-season predictions because I rarely watch juniors or high school hockey. I generally form opinions after I've seen some D-1 games, rather than relying solely on the reputation of the new recruits.

With the disclaimer out of the way, let me say I strongly agree with klbaum's perspective on the 2019-20 Badgers. Raw talent is one thing. Creating team chemistry is quite another.

Will the new recruits be "all" in as Badgers? Or will they just be passing through until the NHL says it's time to move on? Will the returning Badgers embrace the new guys? And if the new guys are that good, will the upperclassmen accept supporting roles?

As the 97-98 Buckeyes demonstrated, this kind of mix can result in great success. But it's certainly no gimme.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

Did anyone get their season tickets yet?

Leave a comment:

• Draighlicht
    replied

Jobst gets the OT winning goal in his first game for the Islanders!
    Hope all the previous Buckeyes trying for their NHL chances have as good an opening!

https://www.nhl.com/video/jobsts-ove...532/c-68940103
    Max McCormick scored for Carolina and Zac Dalpe scored for the Blue Jackets.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

Jobst gets the OT winning goal in his first game for the Islanders!
    Hope all the previous Buckeyes trying for their NHL chances have as good an opening!

https://www.nhl.com/video/jobsts-ove...532/c-68940103
    Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 09-17-2019, 10:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

Wisconsin is all on the rep that those 3 freshman draft picks will be better than any in the league. Penn State I can understand them being up there but not that high. They have a ton returning. I dont pay much attention to those ranking anyway. If i had to pick a pre season order in the Big Ten it would look like this: Notre Dame Minnesota Ohio State Penn St Wisconsin Michigan Michigan State. Wisconsin has to prove it to me first. This conference is going to be very good i think. Michigan State could finish last and be very much improved.
    Interesting perspective. I'm waiting for Mr.PGB to come back and hear his 2 cents worth as well. He does seem to put some thought into what he posts.

Leave a comment:

• klbaum1077
    replied

Got my tickets for Feb at that State up North!
    Got mine as well

Leave a comment:

• klbaum1077
    replied

That's BS! The blueblood programs never drop far during a year when they have to reload more players than usual.
    Penn State finished below us when the season ended and Wisconsin wasn't even ranked!!
    Wisconsin is all on the rep that those 3 freshman draft picks will be better than any in the league. Penn State I can understand them being up there but not that high. They have a ton returning. I dont pay much attention to those ranking anyway. If i had to pick a pre season order in the Big Ten it would look like this: Notre Dame Minnesota Ohio State Penn St Wisconsin Michigan Michigan State. Wisconsin has to prove it to me first. This conference is going to be very good i think. Michigan State could finish last and be very much improved.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

That's BS! The blueblood programs never drop far during a year when they have to reload more players than usual.
    Penn State finished below us when the season ended and Wisconsin wasn't even ranked!!
    Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 09-06-2019, 07:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Draighlicht
    replied

Saw the first preseason ranking yesterday from Buccigross. Picked OSU at #14. PSU was #4 and Wisconsin was #9. Top three were Duluth, Denver and Mankato.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

Got my tickets for Feb at that State up North!

Leave a comment:

• klbaum1077
    replied

For sure, wonder who's going to step up and make the big plays?
    One bit of good news, Killer Miller is resuming running the PP kill. God only knows why he had that taken from him last season and it sure showed!
    Didnt know he wasnt running the PK last year glad to know he is this year.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

going to have to be grittier than ever with the scoring they lost.
    For sure, wonder who's going to step up and make the big plays?
    One bit of good news, Killer Miller is resuming running the PP kill. God only knows why he had that taken from him last season and it sure showed!

Leave a comment:

• klbaum1077
    replied

Today was fun, meeting the new guys, hearing how everyone spent the off-season.
    Of course the energy of they're upcoming season was also present. The popular consensus was the description that this season's team is "grittier" than before.
    going to have to be grittier than ever with the scoring they lost.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X