Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-2020 Ohio State Hockey - Shooting for Detroit (no pun intended)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• klbaum1077
    replied
    Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    Although my view was limited being at the opposite end of the ice, from my vantage point it looked like we were trying to go stick to stick instead of rubbing him off the puck on the boards.
    Did anyone with a better view see it differently?
    I had the same view as you did and you are correct. Tommy still didnt get across to the post.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied
    Re: 2019-2020 Ohio State Hockey - Shooting for Detroit (no pun intended)

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
    One of the few mistakes tommy has made not getting to the post on that wrap around.
    Although my view was limited being at the opposite end of the ice, from my vantage point it looked like we were trying to go stick to stick instead of rubbing him off the puck on the boards.
    Did anyone with a better view see it differently?

Leave a comment:

• klbaum1077
    replied
    Then I stand corrected, I guess the excitement must have caught up with me!
    One of the few mistakes tommy has made not getting to the post on that wrap around.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

Michigan didnt have the extra attacker on when they scored. This was a gritty win without 4 main guys.
    Then I stand corrected, I guess the excitement must have caught up with me!

Leave a comment:

• klbaum1077
    replied

What can you say when you sweep your favorite rival?
    In the last part of the game I thought Ohio State looked content to sit on it and try to ride out the 1-0 lead and not take any offensive chances but that backfired when Michigan got one by Tommy with the extra attacker on.
    THEN we turned it back on and we got a 2 on 1 breakaway by Gabrielle & Singleton. Gabrielle took the initial shot from the glove side of Mann and the rebound came right to Singleton's stick with the right side of the net gaping wide open for the game winner!
    I was apprehensive going into this weekend and even when Michigan has struggled at times you must never underestimate them as they can be a very dangerous team.
    But right now I'm feeling pretty good. We had to suit up more than a few freshmen as our injured from last night didn't play but we made it work. GO BUCKS!!
    Michigan didnt have the extra attacker on when they scored. This was a gritty win without 4 main guys.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

What can you say when you sweep your favorite rival?
    In the last part of the game I thought Ohio State looked content to sit on it and try to ride out the 1-0 lead and not take any offensive chances but that backfired when Michigan got one by Tommy with the extra attacker on.
    THEN we turned it back on and we got a 2 on 1 breakaway by Gabrielle & Singleton. Gabrielle took the initial shot from the glove side of Mann and the rebound came right to Singleton's stick with the right side of the net gaping wide open for the game winner!
    I was apprehensive going into this weekend and even when Michigan has struggled at times you must never underestimate them as they can be a very dangerous team.
    But right now I'm feeling pretty good. We had to suit up more than a few freshmen as our injured from last night didn't play but we made it work. GO BUCKS!!
    Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 11-02-2019, 09:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

Listened to the 3rd period sounded like they dominated zone time especially after the tying goal. Lets hope those 3 are not seriously injured. Westlund is getting hurt every other game now it seems
    Yes, we were able to ride it out in the 3rd with very good puck control. We dodged some bullets at the end with the extra attacker on and Hein made a stellar play to clear the puck as time expired but man, was he gassed!
    RUMOR, not fact has it if Westlund gets one more bad concussion his playing days may be over. I would hope not but it seems to me he's targeted a lot for those high hits.
    Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 11-02-2019, 01:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• klbaum1077
    replied
    Got the win over Michigan but it was pricey. We lost Westlund, Fadyeyev, & Carson Meyer to injury.
    It was good effort with such a shortened bench and I hope we can ride the momentum onto tomorrow's game!
    Listened to the 3rd period soundedlije they dominated zone time especially after tge tying goal. Lets hope those 3 are not seriously injured. Westlund is getting hurt every other game now it seems

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

Given the amount of injuries we sustained we really dodged a bullet when one of Michigan's players completely plowed through Nappier from behind laying him out on the ice!
    It was amazing Tommy was OK but it was disappointing that giving it's your goaltender and how bad it looked on replay that it wasn't a 5 min penalty.
    Have to protect the goalies and ours was completely vulnerable when it happened.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

Got the win over Michigan but it was pricey. We lost Westlund, Fadyeyev, & Carson Meyer to injury.
    It was good effort with such a shortened bench and I hope we can ride the momentum onto tomorrow's game!

Leave a comment:

• LunarOhio
    replied

Nice to see the offense break out last night especially the PP.
    I was a bit worried in the first of each game, but they started to settle in as the game went on. If they can keep the 1st period competitive and then grind the 2nd and 3rd I think the team will do ok. They just can't slide into the last couple years of giving up a few early goals then spend 2 periods chasing only to really five a **** in the last 3 minutes.

Not to knock Omaha, but I feel like we really haven't played anyone of any consequence so far. Omaha was ok, but I think watching some of the of the B1G games and upcoming non conf games, the little slip ups that you get by with against MH end up being a goal against B1G teams. Outside of Michigan State, the teams work is cut out for them. IMO our skill runs deeper and the 3rd and 4th line will need to produce, while the 1st will be the one playing stopgap. With no Jobst or Dakota putting as much pressure on the offensive zone those top lines need to just keep some of the top tier players in check.

Early games matter. Non conference games matter. Winning in regulation matters even against those smaller practice game teams. At the end of the regular season, that little loss or tie means a difference between being or playing the 1 seed.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

Jury is still out for me on the team. It was nice to get the sweep but I wasn't able to watch any of it to have a personal assessment and it was Mercyhurst.
    Miller was still out and B1G play starts next weekend hosting you know who!
    With conference games starting this is where practice ends and everybody has to step up and contribute and with our opponent being who they are we need to bring an intensity that is second to none.

Leave a comment:

• klbaum1077
    replied

Nice to see the offense break out last night especially the PP.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
    Looks like Westlund had 2 goals and an assist tonight, so I would say he's ok
    Yes, I saw that but didn't see anything about Miller playing so still some concern there.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye22
    replied

Looks like Westlund had 2 goals and an assist tonight, so I would say he's ok

Leave a comment:

Working...
X