Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-2020 Ohio State Hockey - Shooting for Detroit (no pun intended)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied
    Re: 2019-2020 Ohio State Hockey - Shooting for Detroit (no pun intended)

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
    Friday night it was Meyer last night it was freshman and Garbiel
    Got to clamp down on those mental mistakes, they're game breakers!

Leave a comment:

• klbaum1077
    replied

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    I was out of town and didn't have the opportunity to stream the game but I did get close enough to Columbus to catch the last couple minutes on the radio. I was surprised, I never picked up 1460am east of Reynoldsburg before!
    I was told by my son we had a 1 goal lead when I called him and then down by a goal when I picked it up on the radio.
    Klbaum, you mentioned our demise by defensive turnovers, where those from our freshmen or did it involve veteran players?
    Friday night it was Meyer last night it was freshman and Garbiel

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

I was out of town and didn't have the opportunity to stream the game but I did get close enough to Columbus to catch the last couple minutes on the radio. I was surprised, I never picked up 1460am east of Reynoldsburg before!
    I was told by my son we had a 1 goal lead when I called him and then down by a goal when I picked it up on the radio.
    Klbaum, you mentioned our demise by defensive turnovers, where those from our freshmen or did it involve veteran players?

Leave a comment:

• klbaum1077
    replied

Two games went almost exactly the same. ND scored 5 goals in this series and 3 of them Ohio State defenseman had complete control of the puck in the dzone and turned them over. Good to have a week off with the injuries piling up. The lack of offense especially on the PP this weekend is alarming but they miss Miller back on the point. The schedule doesnt get any easier after the Bye going to Penn State who will pressure the Dmen just as ND did this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

Ege had taken two big hits earlier in the game down along the boards before getting hit in the head hope he is able to play tomorrow as they are still without Miller.
    We won't see Miller back for a month.

Leave a comment:

• klbaum1077
    replied

Cant turn the puck over in the d zone against good teams and expect to beat them. All 3 Irish goals were off Ohio State mistakes. Another 5 minute PP gone without a goal those are killers when you dont score on them. In person the officiating wasnt terrible. Ege had taken two big hits earlier in the game down along the boards before getting hit in the head hope he is able to play tomorrow as they are still without Miller. Came for a split and hope to get it tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

Disappointing and MORE injuries. That guy definitely took a run at Ege and nothing dirty to Carson, just that **** luck of the Irish!
    Wasn't too impressed with tonight's officiating. That hooking call on Quinn was weak as water and in the 2nd after that flurry in front of out net Hein gets out with the puck and is grabbed by the shoulder and hauled down from behind as he crosses ND's blue line. How the hell did they not see THAT?

Leave a comment:

• pgb-ohio
    replied

If you were in your usual lofty vantage point then you definitely would have had the best view. Do you recall who should had the coverage of him? I don't want to automatically point the finger at one of the freshmen but I can't help but wonder.
    Rookie mistake is an intelligent guess. But no, I don't recall.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
    Remember that Blue #4 plays 'D.' My thought is that when he wound up going below the end line, we lost track of him. To my eye, #4 had a wide open boulevard going around the net. So rather than a reluctance to check, I'm thinking busted coverage.

No excuses either way; just looking for the most accurate diagnosis.
    If you were in your usual lofty vantage point then you definitely would have had the best view. Do you recall who should had the coverage of him? I don't want to automatically point the finger at one of the freshmen but I can't help but wonder.

Leave a comment:

• pgb-ohio
    replied

... I was being devil's advocate on if we should have been pinching the player against the board so he never got to Tommy in the first place.
    But it's always easier to say woulda, coulda, shoulda when you're in the stands!
    You are right the defense cant let the guy skate free.
    Remember that Blue #4 plays 'D.' My thought is that when he wound up going below the end line, we lost track of him. To my eye, #4 had a wide open boulevard going around the net. So rather than a reluctance to check, I'm thinking busted coverage.

No excuses either way; just looking for the most accurate diagnosis.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

Yes sir baptism by fire for sure. Top 10 match up this weekend in South Bend. Looking forward to this measuring stick.
    I sure hope I won't be complaining about the luck of the Irish Notre Dame seems to have at home more often than not.
    Friday's game is on NBC Sports Network so we'll at least get to watch at home.
    BTW, need to critique the USCHO staff, that winning goal Saturday really should have made the Plays of the Week video!
    Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 11-04-2019, 11:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• klbaum1077
    replied
    I can't remember who we had had on the ice when TTUN scored but we did suit up a lot of freshmen but getting burned is how you learn.
    BTW, did you notice the nice jump we earned in the USCHO rankings from 13th to 9th?
    Yes sir baptism by fire for sure. Top 10 match up this weekend in South Bend. Looking forward to this measuring stick.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

I can't remember who we had had on the ice when TTUN scored but we did suit up a lot of freshmen but getting burned is how you learn.
    BTW, did you notice the nice jump we earned in the USCHO rankings from 13th to 9th?

Leave a comment:

• klbaum1077
    replied
    No argument on that part. I was being devil's advocate on if we should have been pinching the player against the board so he never got to Tommy in the first place.
    But it's always easier to say woulda, coulda, shoulda when you're in the stands!

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

Tommy still didnt get across to the post.
    No argument on that part. I was being devil's advocate on if we should have been pinching the player against the board so he never got to Tommy in the first place.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X