Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-2020 Ohio State Hockey - Shooting for Detroit (no pun intended)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• klbaum1077
    replied
    Re: 2019-2020 Ohio State Hockey - Shooting for Detroit (no pun intended)

Not a good weekend of hockey. Perfect coaching tool for getting ready for this same team next weekend. Must sweep if they are going to make the big show

Leave a comment:

• klbaum1077
    replied

Well that certainly wasnt the result we wanted last night. Now they need points today to make sure of home ice next week

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
    Ill be cheering for Minnesota to lose. I will never cheer for Michigan to win
    I figured you and most other Buckeyes would have that perspective but I was waiting for someone else to say it. LOL!
    I'm not as sensitive on the subject with my Michigan roots on one side of the family.

Leave a comment:

• klbaum1077
    replied
    Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    After our game when I get home I'll be watching the Minnesota/Michigan game on BTN and rooting for a Michigan win.
    Ill be cheering for Minnesota to lose. I will never cheer for Michigan to win

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

After our game when I get home I'll be watching the Minnesota/Michigan game on BTN and rooting for a Michigan win.

Leave a comment:

• klbaum1077
    replied

Its Championship weekend lets take care of Bucky and raise another banner!

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

They're selling seats now for the 300 level sections for Saturday's game. Let's pack 'em in!

Leave a comment:

• klbaum1077
    replied
    Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    I'm sure the Michigan fans weren't too happy to see it presented to us in their arena last season but agreed, receiving it on your home ice is the best as everyone who was there and supporting the team all season long can share in the moment with the team and show the team and coaches how much they're appreciated!
    Question is, will it happen? If Westlund is OK and plays and with Regula back I feel better about our chances.
    Plus if we prevail can you imagine a better Senior Night? (We kind of ruined Michigan State's!)
    Couldn't write a better script for senior night than raising the trophy.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

Winning back to back titles would be very cool and to do it at home would be even sweeter.
    I'm sure the Michigan fans weren't too happy to see it presented to us in their arena last season but agreed, receiving it on your home ice is the best as everyone who was there and supporting the team all season long can share in the moment with the team and show the team and coaches how much they're appreciated!
    Question is, will it happen? If Westlund is OK and plays and with Regula back I feel better about our chances.
    Plus if we prevail can you imagine a better Senior Night? (We kind of ruined Michigan State's!)

Leave a comment:

• klbaum1077
    replied
    Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
    Yup; these are the kind of legitimate concerns I was alluding to. An even more obvious point is that you can lose momentum and pick up a little rust during that week off.

Still, if there's a Regular Season Title to be had, I want that title. The rest will just have to sort itself out.

Another thing to keep in mind is that, at least in some respects, conference tourneys are dress rehearsals for the NCAA tournament. The NCAAs, of course, are 100% single elimination under the current rules. So you might get your 2nd chance after all -- in the NCAAs -- should you have a hiccup in the conference tourney.
    Winning back to back titles would be very cool and to do it at home would be even sweeter.

Leave a comment:

• klbaum1077
    replied
    Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
    If you guys don't want the bye we will gladly take it hahaha winning two games at home sounds a lot better than winning four out of five with the championship likely coming away.
    Gladly take the bye with a championship but as we found out last year if you dont win said semifinal game you only play 1 game in 3 weeks it kills you

Leave a comment:

• pgb-ohio
    replied

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
    If you guys don't want the bye we will gladly take it hahaha winning two games at home sounds a lot better than winning four out of five with the championship likely coming away.
    Exactly; that's the counter-argument. Earning the bye is the same as winning two playoff games. (or 2 of 3) While the deal isn't a no-brainer, two free playoff wins is a pretty nice payoff.

And yes, having a title game in Columbus would be awesome. Of course you have to win the semi-final to make that happen, as 2019 made all too clear.
    Last edited by pgb-ohio; 02-24-2020, 03:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bonin21
    replied

Leave a comment:

• pgb-ohio
    replied

I dont like the format for the 2nd round. Your #1 seed is put at a huge disadvantage with it not being best 2 of 3. The number 1 seed is not able to lose a game like the others that play in round 1. Your best team who had a week off should get the same as the other teams have. Make that 2nd round 2 of 3 like the ECAC does please. I would almost rather be the 2 seed but being crowned champions is pretty sweet!
    Yup; these are the kind of legitimate concerns I was alluding to. An even more obvious point is that you can lose momentum and pick up a little rust during that week off.

Still, if there's a Regular Season Title to be had, I want that title. The rest will just have to sort itself out.

Another thing to keep in mind is that, at least in some respects, conference tourneys are dress rehearsals for the NCAA tournament. The NCAAs, of course, are 100% single elimination under the current rules. So you might get your 2nd chance after all -- in the NCAAs -- should you have a hiccup in the conference tourney.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied
    That semifinal would have to be played in the afternoon a the Jackets are home that night
    Exactly. Probably a nooner but let's not get ahead of ourselves and jinx it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X