Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College: 2019-2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Union College: 2019-2020

    Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
    Is this all we have for next year?

    Adams, Trevor F 5-9 , 174 Muskegon, Mich.
    Blackmun, Drew F 6-0 , 174 Minneapolis, Minn. Northeastern (HEA)
    Immonen, Ville F 6-2 , 205 Seinšjoki, Finland
    Murtazin, Gleb RW 6-3 , 198 Penza, Russia
    Petruolo, NicolasD 5-11, 181 Neschanic, N.J.
    Richter, Tom F 6-0 , 165 Greenwich, Conn. Salisbury School
    Scheerer, Bram LW 6-3 , 185 Edina, Minn.
    Seaman, AndrewF 5-10, 170 Winnetka, Ill.
    Sharib, Joe G 6-1 , 176 Natick, Mass. Cushing Academy Penguins (NEPrep)
    Watkins, Tyler F 5-9 , 183 Hermantown, Minn.

    Are any of them any good?
    After transferring from Northeastern, Blackmun was rostered and played 10 games for Union during 2019-20.....

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      Is this all we have for next year?

      Adams, Trevor F 5-9 , 174 Muskegon, Mich.
      Blackmun, Drew F 6-0 , 174 Minneapolis, Minn. Northeastern (HEA)
      Immonen, Ville F 6-2 , 205 Seinšjoki, Finland
      Murtazin, Gleb RW 6-3 , 198 Penza, Russia
      Petruolo, NicolasD 5-11, 181 Neschanic, N.J.
      Richter, Tom F 6-0 , 165 Greenwich, Conn. Salisbury School
      Scheerer, Bram LW 6-3 , 185 Edina, Minn.
      Seaman, AndrewF 5-10, 170 Winnetka, Ill.
      Sharib, Joe G 6-1 , 176 Natick, Mass. Cushing Academy Penguins (NEPrep)
      Watkins, Tyler F 5-9 , 183 Hermantown, Minn.

      Are any of them any good?
      Another goalie coming in? We already have 4 on the roster now. Is Hanson leaving early?
      Union College Hockey
      2014 NCAA National Champions
      2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

      Comment


      • Re: Union College: 2019-2020

        College Hockey News has put up our roster for 2020-2021 complete with incoming freshmen.
        Do we know for sure who is coming?
        Can someone look this over and tell me if it looks ok?
        33 Players?
        4 Goalies?
        Which freshmen are expected to make it into the starting lineup?
        How come so few Canadians?

        https://www.collegehockeynews.com/re...oster/Union/54
        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

        Comment


        • Re: Union College: 2019-2020

          Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
          College Hockey News has put up our roster for 2020-2021 complete with incoming freshmen.
          Do we know for sure who is coming?
          Can someone look this over and tell me if it looks ok?
          33 Players?
          4 Goalies?
          Which freshmen are expected to make it into the starting lineup?
          How come so few Canadians?

          https://www.collegehockeynews.com/re...oster/Union/54
          From past experience with RPI rosters, it is mainly based on Chris Heisenberg's list which often has players coming in the wrong year.
          sigpic

          Let's Go 'Tute!

          Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

          2012 Poser Of The Year

          Comment


          • Re: Union College: 2019-2020

            Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            From past experience with RPI rosters, it is mainly based on Chris Heisenberg's list which often has players coming in the wrong year.
            Gotcha!
            Thanks
            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

            Comment


            • Any news about next year? September is just three months away. Many schools in the Boston area I believe including Harvard, will only have "on-line" classes in the Fall. Has the NCAA or ECAC announced any restrictions? Policies?
              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                Any news about next year? September is just three months away. Many schools in the Boston area I believe including Harvard, will only have "on-line" classes in the Fall. Has the NCAA or ECAC announced any restrictions? Policies?
                I believe that they are still moving ahead with the expectation that they will be heading to school at the end of August. I have heard that some of the Seniors are moving in to their rental house in a month or so. Only time will tell what September will bring

                Comment


                • And Associate Coach Jason Tapp is heading to Dartmouth. No announcement of a replacement yet.

                  Comment


                  • No mention what his role he will play at Dartmouth. Will he be an assistant head coach? It would be nice to find someone who could step into Bennett's shoes if he retired.
                    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                      No mention what his role he will play at Dartmouth. Will he be an assistant head coach? It would be nice to find someone who could step into Bennett's shoes if he retired.
                      His Twitter bio reveals the answer: he's the associate head coach with the Big Green.

                      Comment


                      • Any rumours about a possible replacement for Associate Coach Jason Tapp?
                        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

                        Comment


                        • From July 10th from the ECAC site

                          "ECAC Hockey today announced the continued development of schedule models for its men's and women's leagues for the 2020-21 campaign. All models feature a balanced scheduling approach that includes league contests and opportunities for member institutions to play non-league opponents. Such models are being compiled as options given the ever-changing conditions created by the COVID-19 pandemic.

                          Over the course of the past several months, ECAC Hockey has engaged league coaches and administrators in a national dialogue about providing a robust student-athlete experience that prioritizes the health and safety of all stakeholders in a COVID-19 environment. League staff has therefore begun work on schedule models to attain that objective.

                          Committed first and foremost to ensure the health and safety of student-athletes, coaches, staff, on-ice officials and fans, development and implementation of any league schedule models remain contingent upon an environment for the competition that is safe for all participants. ECAC Hockey will continue to partake in the national conversation to bring collegiate athletics back in a safe way.

                          We look forward to a safe, healthy, and competitive college hockey season."

                          Can someone translate? Clearly, from a league perspective, we are going to follow the dictates of the IVYs which will be the most cautious of all the hockey programs. IMO no ECAC hockey this 2020-2021 season? Will individual ECAC teams be able to schedule non-conference? North Dakota has very few cases.
                          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                            From July 10th from the ECAC site

                            "ECAC Hockey today announced the continued development of schedule models for its men's and women's leagues for the 2020-21 campaign. All models feature a balanced scheduling approach that includes league contests and opportunities for member institutions to play non-league opponents. Such models are being compiled as options given the ever-changing conditions created by the COVID-19 pandemic.

                            Over the course of the past several months, ECAC Hockey has engaged league coaches and administrators in a national dialogue about providing a robust student-athlete experience that prioritizes the health and safety of all stakeholders in a COVID-19 environment. League staff has therefore begun work on schedule models to attain that objective.

                            Committed first and foremost to ensure the health and safety of student-athletes, coaches, staff, on-ice officials and fans, development and implementation of any league schedule models remain contingent upon an environment for the competition that is safe for all participants. ECAC Hockey will continue to partake in the national conversation to bring collegiate athletics back in a safe way.

                            We look forward to a safe, healthy, and competitive college hockey season."

                            Can someone translate? Clearly, from a league perspective, we are going to follow the dictates of the IVYs which will be the most cautious of all the hockey programs. IMO no ECAC hockey this 2020-2021 season? Will individual ECAC teams be able to schedule non-conference? North Dakota has very few cases.
                            Woops:
                            Just read my inbox. I can answer this one. As of yesterday
                            "We are sorry to announce that Union has made the very difficult decision to cancel intercollegiate athletics competition for our fall season sports teams. We remain in continued conversation with our ECAC Hockey League and Liberty League partners regarding winter and spring sport seasons and plans for these sports will be announced by September 15."
                            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

                            Comment


                            • Similar to RPI's position. Pro-player safety.
                              Wait and see.

                              Comment


                              • How does the team stay in shape while waiting for a still possible Spring season? They will have to practice somewhere?
                                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X