No announcement yet.

World Junior Championships -- 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a huge upset win for the US. My hope going in was that they would keep it respectable. To actually win is amazing. The team came together well - credit to the coaches and staff. I finally saw what the hype for Sanderson was all about. His defense in the third period was incredible. No speedy Canadian forwards could get past him, and he was very good with his stick. And Beniers is a stud in the making. My favorite all-around forward to watch. I obviously love Zegras, but his line was clearly not being used when we needed to prevent a goal more than score one. But he sure made a name for himself in this tournament.

I did get a little annoyed with Dave Starman's infatuation with Turcotte and Caulfield. At least Turcotte started to justify it over the last three games. I hope Caulfield has a great NHL career, but for a guy that is known first and foremost for being a sniper, he sure missed a lot of nets from the slot last night.

And I have to give props to the BC contingent - obviously Knight was huge with three shutouts after a rough first game. Boldy was very strong on the puck and played well in all zones. Helleson looked good too.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Reports from unofficial Northeastern sources claim that WJC Canada goalie Devon Levi suffered a fractured rib vs Germany on Dec 26 although some Canadian sources say it is "only" cracked, not fractured. Which means Levi apparently played through pain to to tie the WJC shutout record (3). Levi has yet to play an NCAA game so sounds like a good case for a medical redshirt.
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
        Reports from unofficial Northeastern sources claim that WJC Canada goalie Devon Levi suffered a fractured rib vs Germany on Dec 26 although some Canadian sources say it is "only" cracked, not fractured. Which means Levi apparently played through pain to to tie the WJC shutout record (3). Levi has yet to play an NCAA game so sounds like a good case for a medical redshirt.
        Didn't the NCAA rule everyone gets a redshirt this year, whether they play or not?

Comment

Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post

Didn't the NCAA rule everyone gets a redshirt this year, whether they play or not?
          Yup, you're right. Guess I lost track of that in the COVID shuffle.
          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Alex Newhook also got hurt in the WJC and played through it. He is now out for the weekend again. Thank you team Canada. Maybe Mel Pearson had the right idea!

Comment

Just wanted to mention I was told yesterday that coach "Killer" Miller will be back behind the bench fulfilling his usual role at the next World Juniors.
              I didn't want to start a new thread so early just to say that.

Comment

Working...
              X