No announcement yet.

World Junior Championships -- 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice shut out and on to the quarterfinals for the US who are now the number 1 seed in their group. Big win for seeding purposes.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Ditto for Canada but it may have come at a cost with Alex Newhook (BC) leaving the game with an "upper body injury" and not returning.
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
        Ditto for Canada but it may have come at a cost with Alex Newhook (BC) leaving the game with an "upper body injury" and not returning.
        I think they'll be okay they have 12 forwards left and all 12 are first round picks...

The question is if the injury will cost BC.

Comment

No Beanpot this year but Devon Levi (NU) vs Spencer Knight (BC) in the Gold Medal game tonight might be the next best thing.

Comment

Apparently, nobody on this board knows (or cares?) that that the US upset Canada 2-0 last night to win the World Junior Championship. Aside from the medals, banners, and stats, the most compelling subtext was the fact that this game was a showdown between NCAA and Canadian major junior hockey, what with all but four US players and the entire coaching staff coming from college hockey while all but three Canadian players and the entire coaching staff came from major junior.

Comment

Trevor Zegras MVP was awarded the MVP and tied for all-time points leader at the WJT. If he had decided to stay at BU he wouldn't have been at the tournament. . What a strange and twisted world we live in right now.

USA!
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Going back to the Beanpot reference, Zegras's tuck-in at the near post for the second goal was eerily (for me) reminiscent of the goal he scored with 1.2 seconds left in regulation to tie the last championship game.

Comment

Apparently, nobody on this board knows (or cares?) that that the US upset Canada 2-0 last night to win the World Junior Championship. Aside from the medals, banners, and stats, the most compelling subtext was the fact that this game was a showdown between NCAA and Canadian major junior hockey, what with all but four US players and the entire coaching staff coming from college hockey while all but three Canadian players and the entire coaching staff came from major junior.
                  I care. It was outstanding. As a bonus, I found a feed ( I don't have NHL Network ) and was able to play it through a laptop onto my 7'x4' projector screen. That and a fridge full of Hamms! Wheeeee!
                  You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

There is a WJC thread in Cafe where it was discussed, and also was the subject of a ton of discussion in Grand Unified Election thread as people were watching the game and following the Georgia runoff elections.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
                      I care. It was outstanding. As a bonus, I found a feed ( I don't have NHL Network ) and was able to play it through a laptop onto my 7'x4' projector screen. That and a fridge full of Hamms! Wheeeee!
                      And I rearranged my family room furniture so I could sit 5' away from my 80" TV. This was for ALL of the USA games. IMHU there is no more exciting hockey played anywhere, anytime.
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

There is a WJC thread in Cafe where it was discussed, and also was the subject of a ton of discussion in Grand Unified Election thread as people were watching the game and following the Georgia runoff elections.
                        Thanks but that forum is off-limits for me. I come here for hockey. Not politics and the adolescent imbecilic insult hurling that goes along with it.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                          And I rearranged my family room furniture so I could sit 5' away from my 80" TV. This was for ALL of the USA games. IMHU there is no more exciting hockey played anywhere, anytime.
                          No doubt. I feel a little sorry for you though, as I see no mention of Hamms.

Comment

Thanks but that forum is off-limits for me. I come here for hockey. Not politics and the adolescent imbecilic insult hurling that goes along with it.
                            Good call.

Comment

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post

No doubt. I feel a little sorry for you though, as I see no mention of Hamms.
                              You betcha, Captain!
                              https://youtu.be/u15SfdeN-jY
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Apparently, nobody on this board knows (or cares?) that that the US upset Canada 2-0 last night to win the World Junior Championship.
                                I watched the knockout round games. I think the lack of attention here is a general reflection of lower amount of posting activity in general due to a late-arriving, haphazard, and surreal hockey season. I think some of us have tuned out of this site because the only news to post about is stuff like "what players are transferring because the season was cancelled."

Comment

Working...
                                X