• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DrDemento
    replied
    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    And our women's team is not on track to come close to scoring 17 goals during the entire season.
    A bit early for me to make much out of the fact that we have scored 17 in the first four games but the last two years we scored overall 69 and 73 total. Those were the lowest offensive outputs since that notorious season (so well remembered by you and me) of 1965-1966. Although I am a believer that defense wins hockey games in the NCAA, and that if we can keep our GAA close to 2 we should have a fairly successful season, there is no doubt that you simply have to score some goals. In the recent past it seemed like we need to at least total 100+ over the season to have any chance for an above .500 record. I am not yet convinced we have the offense to maintain this pace of 4+ goals per game, but if we can just even score 3 it would be a marked improvement from what we have seen the past couple season.
    You are correct of course that the ladies really need to get some offense going to compete in any games at all.

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
    Zieky has 2 goals in the first 4 games. I’m not sure why you say he i hasn’t contributed. As for Gornall he had 1 goal in 21 games last year. I’m not sure what level of contribution your expecting from him.
    I watch Gornall carefully. My kind of player. He is always in the middle of everything and works his behind off every shift. Makes an impact and not afraid to do the dirty work. Give me a couple more like him anytime. Zieky is streaky (like the way that sounds!) and can just get hot quickly. Another that can play on my team. Really like the 2 K's on defense and can't wait to see them stay for 4 years and solidify this defense. Potential is for us to be much better than the last couple years. Not 1985 better, but better none the less.

Leave a comment:

• Noresmen
    replied
    Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    The most encouraging part of scoring 17 goals this early is that Zieky, Gornall and Hallbauer have not yet contributed.
    Zieky has 2 goals in the first 4 games. I’m not sure why you say he i hasn’t contributed. As for Gornall he had 1 goal in 21 games last year. I’m not sure what level of contribution your expecting from him.

Leave a comment:

• engineerhockeyfan
    replied

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Just looked at our scoring over the past 2 decades. The only time we scored as many as 17 goals in the first 4 games I believe was the 2004-2005 season (15 years ago) and the last time we scored more than 17 was the 2001-2001 season - a total of 19 goals (18 years ago). Of course much of this may be dependent upon the competition and this year that may not stack up well against our usual first 4 opponents. Not an absolute comparison but some years like 2011-2012 it took us until our 15th game to score our 17th goal.
    Although this may all be comparing apples to potatoes, still nice to see a bit of offensive explosion early in the season.
    The most encouraging part of scoring 17 goals this early is that Zieky, Gornall and Hallbauer have not yet contributed.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Just looked at our scoring over the past 2 decades. The only time we scored as many as 17 goals in the first 4 games I believe was the 2004-2005 season (15 years ago) and the last time we scored more than 17 was the 2001-2001 season - a total of 19 goals (18 years ago). Of course much of this may be dependent upon the competition and this year that may not stack up well against our usual first 4 opponents. Not an absolute comparison but some years like 2011-2012 it took us until our 15th game to score our 17th goal.
    Although this may all be comparing apples to potatoes, still nice to see a bit of offensive explosion early in the season.
    And our women's team is not on track to come close to scoring 17 goals during the entire season.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X