This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    It would be great as I enjoyed it a lot, and maybe Tom will someday, but he seems to have moved onto other things.
    Had the pleasure along with my brother to sit with WOAP at Saturdays game he is the father of 2 adorable children(take after their mom)and they take up alot of his time but his takes on the games and the program are always thought provoking.
    What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      Howbout a video for a kid who kept his commiment
      The highlight of that play for me was Babichuk's brilliant breakout pass. He had a narrow window to complete a diagonal cross-ice pass and hit Gornall on the tape going through center ice at full speed. His shooting skills aren't at the same level (yet?) but in most other respects he reminds me of Nick Bailen. If only we should be so lucky for the next 3+ years......

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
        The highlight of that play for me was Babichuk's brilliant breakout pass. He had a narrow window to complete a diagonal cross-ice pass and hit Gornall on the tape going through center ice at full speed. His shooting skills aren't at the same level (yet?) but in most other respects he reminds me of Nick Bailen. If only we should be so lucky for the next 3+ years......
        His cross-ice pass after flubbing a shot was pretty successful too.

If only he could turn out like Bailen.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          His cross-ice pass after flubbing a shot was pretty successful too.

If only he could turn out like Bailen.
          I meant to bring that up. The unsung hero on Gornall's goal was Ryan Mahshie. After Babichuk flubbed the shot and it went into the corner, Mahshie went hard to the boards along with the Brown defenseman (Stillwell?). All the d-man had to do was tie up the puck along the boards and the game was over. Ryan's aggressive pursuit caused him to panic and he pulled the puck around the corner boards where Babichuk was waiting. I don't think Mahshie touched the puck so there was no assist, but I'll bet the coaches knew who set up that play.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
            I meant to bring that up. The unsung hero on Gornall's goal was Ryan Mahshie. After Babichuk flubbed the shot and it went into the corner, Mahshie went hard to the boards along with the Brown defenseman (Stillwell?). All the d-man had to do was tie up the puck along the boards and the game was over. Ryan's aggressive pursuit caused him to panic and he pulled the puck around the corner boards where Babichuk was waiting. I don't think Mahshie touched the puck so there was no assist, but I'll bet the coaches knew who set up that play.
            I noticed that too. I have been very impressed with Mahshie this season. His point totals don't do his play justice

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
              Nick Bailen was not a good player he was a great player who played on our last really good team and although Polacek was the gun on that team in my opinion Bails was straw that stirred the drink.
              What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Looking at the second half schedule, I think it's definitely possible to salvage the season.

They probably take only 1 game out of the first 3. But they could definitely split or get 3 points against Colgate and Cornell at home. Then, I think they can sweep Brown and Yale and get a Mayor's Cup win. They could also sweep Dartmouth and UVM at home. Against WMU, they probably get swept. At Colgate and Cornell, they can probably manage a split or one point at the very least. At the very least, they should split QU and Princeton at home, but I think they could get 3 or 4. Finally, a road split to end the season.

I think they can go 10-7-1 and end the season at .500, and they'd be in great position for home ice with probably a 6 seed in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                  I sure could do that.
                  I did that.
                  RPI Pep Band
                  GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                  🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                  2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                  2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                    Looking at the second half schedule, I think it's definitely possible to salvage the season.

They probably take only 1 game out of the first 3. But they could definitely split or get 3 points against Colgate and Cornell at home. Then, I think they can sweep Brown and Yale and get a Mayor's Cup win. They could also sweep Dartmouth and UVM at home. Against WMU, they probably get swept. At Colgate and Cornell, they can probably manage a split or one point at the very least. At the very least, they should split QU and Princeton at home, but I think they could get 3 or 4. Finally, a road split to end the season.

I think they can go 10-7-1 and end the season at .500, and they'd be in great position for home ice with probably a 6 seed in the playoffs.
                    You are more optimistic than I am. They certainly could do that well, but I think that the odds are against it.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

While anything is possible, I don't think that we have the offensive talent to bring about that result. I do think that we have the defensive talent, but we have been very inconsistent at that part of our game.
                      I really hope you are right, and I will be rooting for an even better outcome, but I have my doubts.
                      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                      Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        You are more optimistic than I am. They certainly could do that well, but I think that the odds are against it.
                        I believe the word your looking for is delusional.

Comment

Although the NCAA named Ashbrook's goal as #1, the ECAC named Gornall's goal as #2. Go Figure.

Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-12-2019, 12:55 PM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            The odds are against it but it's certainly possible

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                              Thanks. Interesting results.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Sounds logical to me. But then again, I just downed a couple of vodka gimlets so almost anything looks and sounds pretty good to me right now. In a few hours i will sober up and read your posting again and see how it sounds then.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X