X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• troyboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    You are more optimistic than I am. They certainly could do that well, but I think that the odds are against it.
    I believe the word your looking for is delusional.

Leave a comment:

• engineerhockeyfan
    replied
    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
    Looking at the second half schedule, I think it's definitely possible to salvage the season.

They probably take only 1 game out of the first 3. But they could definitely split or get 3 points against Colgate and Cornell at home. Then, I think they can sweep Brown and Yale and get a Mayor's Cup win. They could also sweep Dartmouth and UVM at home. Against WMU, they probably get swept. At Colgate and Cornell, they can probably manage a split or one point at the very least. At the very least, they should split QU and Princeton at home, but I think they could get 3 or 4. Finally, a road split to end the season.

I think they can go 10-7-1 and end the season at .500, and they'd be in great position for home ice with probably a 6 seed in the playoffs.
    While anything is possible, I don't think that we have the offensive talent to bring about that result. I do think that we have the defensive talent, but we have been very inconsistent at that part of our game.
    I really hope you are right, and I will be rooting for an even better outcome, but I have my doubts.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
    Looking at the second half schedule, I think it's definitely possible to salvage the season.

They probably take only 1 game out of the first 3. But they could definitely split or get 3 points against Colgate and Cornell at home. Then, I think they can sweep Brown and Yale and get a Mayor's Cup win. They could also sweep Dartmouth and UVM at home. Against WMU, they probably get swept. At Colgate and Cornell, they can probably manage a split or one point at the very least. At the very least, they should split QU and Princeton at home, but I think they could get 3 or 4. Finally, a road split to end the season.

I think they can go 10-7-1 and end the season at .500, and they'd be in great position for home ice with probably a 6 seed in the playoffs.
    You are more optimistic than I am. They certainly could do that well, but I think that the odds are against it.

Leave a comment:

• lugnut92
    replied

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
    I sure could do that.
    I did that.

Leave a comment:

• sezenack
    replied

Leave a comment:

• troyboy
    replied
    Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
    The highlight of that play for me was Babichuk's brilliant breakout pass. He had a narrow window to complete a diagonal cross-ice pass and hit Gornall on the tape going through center ice at full speed. His shooting skills aren't at the same level (yet?) but in most other respects he reminds me of Nick Bailen. If only we should be so lucky for the next 3+ years......
    Nick Bailen was not a good player he was a great player who played on our last really good team and although Polacek was the gun on that team in my opinion Bails was straw that stirred the drink.

Leave a comment:

• sezenack
    replied

I meant to bring that up. The unsung hero on Gornall's goal was Ryan Mahshie. After Babichuk flubbed the shot and it went into the corner, Mahshie went hard to the boards along with the Brown defenseman (Stillwell?). All the d-man had to do was tie up the puck along the boards and the game was over. Ryan's aggressive pursuit caused him to panic and he pulled the puck around the corner boards where Babichuk was waiting. I don't think Mahshie touched the puck so there was no assist, but I'll bet the coaches knew who set up that play.
    I noticed that too. I have been very impressed with Mahshie this season. His point totals don't do his play justice

Leave a comment:

• rpi82
    replied

His cross-ice pass after flubbing a shot was pretty successful too.

If only he could turn out like Bailen.
    I meant to bring that up. The unsung hero on Gornall's goal was Ryan Mahshie. After Babichuk flubbed the shot and it went into the corner, Mahshie went hard to the boards along with the Brown defenseman (Stillwell?). All the d-man had to do was tie up the puck along the boards and the game was over. Ryan's aggressive pursuit caused him to panic and he pulled the puck around the corner boards where Babichuk was waiting. I don't think Mahshie touched the puck so there was no assist, but I'll bet the coaches knew who set up that play.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

The highlight of that play for me was Babichuk's brilliant breakout pass. He had a narrow window to complete a diagonal cross-ice pass and hit Gornall on the tape going through center ice at full speed. His shooting skills aren't at the same level (yet?) but in most other respects he reminds me of Nick Bailen. If only we should be so lucky for the next 3+ years......
    His cross-ice pass after flubbing a shot was pretty successful too.

If only he could turn out like Bailen.

Leave a comment:

• rpi82
    replied

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    Howbout a video for a kid who kept his commiment

Leave a comment:

• troyboy
    replied
    It would be great as I enjoyed it a lot, and maybe Tom will someday, but he seems to have moved onto other things.
    Had the pleasure along with my brother to sit with WOAP at Saturdays game he is the father of 2 adorable children(take after their mom)and they take up alot of his time but his takes on the games and the program are always thought provoking.

Leave a comment:

• turk181
    replied

Howbout a video for a kid who kept his commiment

Leave a comment:

• DavidNardolillo
    replied

I see that his winning goal came on a fortunate rebound after he shot the puck right into the goalie on a breakaway, seems like a perfect fit for RPI! ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    +1 I'd buy the plane tickets!!
    Unprofessionalism is more appropriate in college.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
    I share the view that RPI needs to be more physical as a team, but I am not sure college referees allow the same liberties to clear out the crease anymore. I am also seeing a lot of cheap penalties getting called this year, also a problem for RPI and may be impacting what you are seeing.
    I agree with the officiating calls...which especially against Yale seemed to be of the phantom variety. If we're gonna get them anyway, might as well take them protecting our keeper....IMO.... Especially since Savory isn't a big strapping lad

Leave a comment:

Working...
X