Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    … and the world is literally on fire.
    Fake news.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    Re: Hockey East: 2019/20 season is Joe Bertagna's last as commish

Maybe it's because the Baby Boomers came of age in the greatest economy in history and it was still pretty strong when we came of age and then it all came crashing down for them. The job market is trash, wages haven't changed in years, housing exploded and the world is literally on fire. But yeah, it's because the Millennials are whiny brats.
    then how did they all have $$,$$$ for tickets to see fyre festival?!?! wah wah wah

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Boy there's a whole lot of truth on this thread. Greg basically unloaded a truth bomb from the Enola Gay.

The glory days are over for us here in HE and all of college hockey. And while it has little to do with the hockey discussion, I assure you millennials really really really do suck. And I'd like to point out these young, whiny, dumb people that cannot put their phones down are NOT special; we had significant student debt too we just didn't whine about it like crybabies for attention and worked to pay it off because we had a sense of responsibility to pay it off rather than having a completely unfounded sense of entitlement. And while people my age now displace a grumpy generation of baby boomers, we respect the path they paved and carry that torch to some degree.... just with things like Excel and not an abacus.
    Maybe it's because the Baby Boomers came of age in the greatest economy in history and it was still pretty strong when we came of age and then it all came crashing down for them. The job market is trash, wages haven't changed in years, housing exploded and the world is literally on fire. But yeah, it's because the Millennials are whiny brats.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied
    Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
    Why are we focusing on Millennials, none of them are in college anymore and the oldest are about to turn 40. Generation Z are today's college students who should be attending.
    Because it's trendy to blame Millennials for everything.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied
    Originally posted by DLG View Post
    The hockey east tourney at the garden is still a strong event
    Attendance has been in 12-13 thousand range for a few years now
    Not the glory years but no need to go back to smaller campus sites
    Measles anyone?

Could the demise of the community model in Mass Hockey be part of the problem?

Leave a comment:

• SkinsFan09
    replied

Boy there's a whole lot of truth on this thread. Greg basically unloaded a truth bomb from the Enola Gay.

The glory days are over for us here in HE and all of college hockey. And while it has little to do with the hockey discussion, I assure you millennials really really really do suck. And I'd like to point out these young, whiny, dumb people that cannot put their phones down are NOT special; we had significant student debt too we just didn't whine about it like crybabies for attention and worked to pay it off because we had a sense of responsibility to pay it off rather than having a completely unfounded sense of entitlement. And while people my age now displace a grumpy generation of baby boomers, we respect the path they paved and carry that torch to some degree.... just with things like Excel and not an abacus.
    Why are we focusing on Millennials, none of them are in college anymore and the oldest are about to turn 40. Generation Z are today's college students who should be attending.

Leave a comment:

• Sean Pickett
    replied

Well...he DID accept Notre Dame, so...
    No, the Board of Directors accepted Notre Dame. If one assumes that the Board is composed of the ADs for each school there has been a lot of turnover since 2011. Only 2 of the ADs who would have voted on accepting Notre Dame are still the AD of their school. The other schools have new ADs and of course, Connecticut was not a member of Hockey East at that time.

Looking at each school's AD turnover shows that may have played a part in Joe's contract not being extended. Although only 4 new ADs have been appointed since Joe's last contract extension, 9 (plus Holy Cross on the women's side) are new in the last six years, with only 2 having been ADs for most of Joe's tenure.

Sean

Leave a comment:

• Split-N
    replied

...I assure you millennials really really really do suck. And I'd like to point out these young, whiny, dumb people that cannot put their phones down are NOT special; we had significant student debt too we just didn't whine about it like crybabies for attention and worked to pay it off because we had a sense of responsibility to pay it off rather than having a completely unfounded sense of entitlement. And while people my age now displace a grumpy generation of baby boomers, we respect the path they paved and carry that torch to some degree.... just with things like Excel and not an abacus.
    I absolutely can't believe I agree with everything in a NickP post. The end times surely are upon us. (Now on the lookout for four guys on horseback.)

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    What did millennials do to mayonnaise?
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    No longer a preferred condiment. We love our avocados on everything...
    Avocados = green slime.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    They fired Bertagna for suggesting that HEA take UAH in.

GFM
    Well...he DID accept Notre Dame, so...

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied

Link not found.

I’m still using mayo, millennials be d*mned. No offense to any millennials on this board.
    Huh. Link shows up for me. Anyway, here's a few reactions.

millennials-mayo

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

They fired Bertagna for suggesting that HEA take UAH in.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Link not found.

I’m still using mayo, millennials be d*mned. No offense to any millennials on this board.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied

Dead.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

No longer a preferred condiment. We love our avocados on everything...

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X