X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Zlax45
    replied
    Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    This would be hard to do... only 4 Hockey East teams are in America East with 6 other conferences represented in Hockey East...
    America East would oversee the conference with their staff. What is the staff of Hockey East really doing for the teams? Could America East’s staff do just as good as Hockey East? I will argue they would do an even better job.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied
    Re: Hockey East: 2019/20 season is Joe Bertagna's last as commish

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
    @jimmyconnelly: Have learned some ADs in @hockey_east favor moving away from single-sport league and having all-sport conference administrate hockey. Could be @AmericaEast or another and is far from final, but could also spell the end of Hockey East as we know it. Full story on @USCHO tomorrow.

How ****ing dumb would they have to be to do this

Leave a comment:

• ericredaxe
    replied

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
    @jimmyconnelly: Have learned some ADs in @hockey_east favor moving away from single-sport league and having all-sport conference administrate hockey. Could be @AmericaEast or another and is far from final, but could also spell the end of Hockey East as we know it. Full story on @USCHO tomorrow.

This would be hard to do... only 4 Hockey East teams are in America East with 6 other conferences represented in Hockey East...

Leave a comment:

• Yuppie Scum
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DavidNardolillo
    replied

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Sacred Heart is building a 4,000 seat on campus rink. Add them as a potential candidate for Hockey East at some point.

Bobby Valentine getting stuff done!
    Agree that this seems like a strategy for a Hockey East move. The news reports I had access to made no mention of how the rink is getting funded. Do you know if the funds are already raised?

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

Sacred Heart is building a 4,000 seat on campus rink. Add them as a potential candidate for Hockey East at some point.

Bobby Valentine getting stuff done!

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied
    Originally posted by Split-N View Post
    CBS All-Access sounds attractive on the surface but, speaking only for myself, I draw the line at surrendering whatever shreds of privacy I may have left If I check the checkbox next to the following statement on the sign-up dialog:

"By registering you become a member of the CBS Interactive family of sites and you have read and agree to the Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Video Services Policy. You agree to receive updates, alerts and promotions from CBS and that CBS may share information about you with our marketing partners so that they may contact you by email or otherwise about their products or services.

I have no problem with becoming a retail customer in the usual sense but I'm not inclined to be forced into becoming a member of anything. I don't need any more robocalls, spam, and junk mail than I already get. Looks like I'm relegated to following games via live stats.
    Use a junk email address and either your old (nonexistent) landline or just enter your cell phone but one digit off.

Leave a comment:

• Darius
    replied

Originally posted by HHound View Post
    You might try "unsubscribing" to the email solicitations, getting "NoRobo" or another blocking service for your phone and cancelling your subscription after the game is over. Certainly you must cancel it at the end of the season or you'll be charged the monthly fee through seasons where you have no use for the service.
    I tried this with CBS a few years ago when they were providing streaming for a UNH opponent (Vermont?). After being billed for three subsequent months I disputed the charges with my credit card company. They removed the three charges, opened a dispute with CBS to stop the billing. Never again.

Leave a comment:

• HHound
    replied

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
    CBS All-Access sounds attractive on the surface but, speaking only for myself, I draw the line at surrendering whatever shreds of privacy I may have left If I check the checkbox next to the following statement on the sign-up dialog:

"By registering you become a member of the CBS Interactive family of sites and you have read and agree to the Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Video Services Policy. You agree to receive updates, alerts and promotions from CBS and that CBS may share information about you with our marketing partners so that they may contact you by email or otherwise about their products or services.

I have no problem with becoming a retail customer in the usual sense but I'm not inclined to be forced into becoming a member of anything. I don't need any more robocalls, spam, and junk mail than I already get. Looks like I'm relegated to following games via live stats.
    You might try "unsubscribing" to the email solicitations, getting "NoRobo" or another blocking service for your phone and cancelling your subscription after the game is over. Certainly you must cancel it at the end of the season or you'll be charged the monthly fee through seasons where you have no use for the service.

Leave a comment:

• Split-N
    replied

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied

Originally posted by jon View Post
    let's continue before china bans all references to winny the pooh in hockey east.

Leave a comment:

• Jon
    replied

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Right but the PC-Maine game to start the year was PC announcers.

Good lord these reviews are getting out of hand.
    Getting back on topic after the NBA segue...
    PC seems to have learned from what Quinnipiac used to when they got most of their home games on NESN back in the day. Another marketing coup would involved GETTING PEOPLE TO SHOW UP SO THE COFFIN ISN'T MOSTLY EMPTY but that's a different rant.
    Let's continue before China bans all references to Winny the Pooh in Hockey East.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    You asked how stupid he was and said he had a low IQ. He's actually behaving like a very smart capitalist. I disagree with the content of what he said, but why he said it makes perfect sense.
    It's not so much that he's "stupid" - clearly he knows how to count, and understands what behavior will contribute to his personal bottom line. But what he is, is a flaming not-even-a-close-call hypocrite.

He - and the others I listed earlier - chooses to lecture us on the issues he sees with things in the US, and how we supposedly fall short of our lofty ideals. Yet, when he's actually given an opportunity to truly make a huge impact in the name of freedom where that baseline value is truly under siege … well, nope, not going to wade in, but yeah, I'll kick the guy on our side who dares to give a token of support to that cause, right in the nuts. On top of that, then he accuses THAT guy of being "uneducated".

For those keeping score out there, here's what courage and principle look like:

Muhammad Ali - conscientious objector, nearly jailed, lost untold millions and peak years of his career. 100
    Lebron James - more "woke" than you, 'til China threatens his further enrichment, bows in submission. -100

I used to be a big Popovich fan, but now he's another pretender. Kerr is mini-Pop, no surprise there.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    You really think he’s struggling for cash? He’d be wildly rich without the money from China. I think for most people with any sort of moral compass spouting Chinese propaganda would be a bridge too far, no matter how much cash in on the table.
    "How much cash is enough?"

Let's ask Jeff Bezos or the Walton heirs.

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    LOL. Speaking of people that aren't terribly bright...

These things:
    1. Require putting a basketball through a hoop
    2. Have nothing to do with intelligence.

But yea it's great he values his financial interests over the general idea of freedom of speech.
    You asked how stupid he was and said he had a low IQ. He's actually behaving like a very smart capitalist. I disagree with the content of what he said, but why he said it makes perfect sense.

Leave a comment:

• northeastern
    replied
    Athletes (in general) should stick to sports & not get dragged in without full education. If one still feels strongly about an issue, run for office or support the cause offline / some other way. If you are going to be open about it; be aware that on sensitive issues you are bound to offend one side or another.

Far as Propaganda .. it runs in all media in all countries, (including ours).
    Let’s not kid ourselves.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X