• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drew S.
    replied
    Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    EXACTLY!

Hockey East social media presence is retweeting the schools and that is about it. Honestly, it is a freaking joke!

America East has staff going out to interview coaches, alumni, and everyone under the sun creating content. Take a look at the America East twitter page which has a ton of ORIGINAL content

https://twitter.com/AmericaEast
    I don’t think the social media matters that much. To me the much bigger issue is the scheduling. It’s gone completely to hell in the last 10 years and doesn’t show any signs of getting better. Pretty hard to understand why they would make Northeastern travel to Maine in the weekend between beanpot games.

Leave a comment:

• umhockey91
    replied
    Re: Hockey East: 2019/20 season is Joe Bertagna's last as commish

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
    The way the CAA handled taking over the football conference from the A-10, letting their all sports teams vote for FOOTBALL expansion, allowing teams in Georgia and Virginia and the Carolinas to join which lead to Rhode Island momentarily dropping to the NEC and UMass leaving, are why I want no part of the CAA taking over. It seems like they’ve learned a lesson, and URI came back and some SUNY schools were invited, but still. That’s not something I want repeated with Hockey East. If America East wants to run things the same way, they can likewise go to hell.

Also, screw Northeastern and Hofstra for stealing the conference and dropping football right away.
    OK Boomer.

Leave a comment:

• jjmc85
    replied
    Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
    Why would they be interested if Stony Brook, Albany & Binghamton have no say in how a hockey conference is run since Stony Brook, Albany & Binghamton have no hockey programs?

Do some of you guys understand how collegiate conference administration works? CAA Football is a great example.....it is marketed & administered by the CAA....and that is it. Maine and numerous other schools have a say and a vote in CAA Football stuff......however, they have no say or vote in other CAA matters pertaining to other sports......because they are not members of the CAA in other sports. Do some of you not get that?
    The way the CAA handled taking over the football conference from the A-10, letting their all sports teams vote for FOOTBALL expansion, allowing teams in Georgia and Virginia and the Carolinas to join which lead to Rhode Island momentarily dropping to the NEC and UMass leaving, are why I want no part of the CAA taking over. It seems like they’ve learned a lesson, and URI came back and some SUNY schools were invited, but still. That’s not something I want repeated with Hockey East. If America East wants to run things the same way, they can likewise go to hell.

Also, screw Northeastern and Hofstra for stealing the conference and dropping football right away.

Leave a comment:

• The Zlax45
    replied

Why would they be interested if Stony Brook, Albany & Binghamton have no say in how a hockey conference is run since Stony Brook, Albany & Binghamton have no hockey programs?

Do some of you guys understand how collegiate conference administration works? CAA Football is a great example.....it is marketed & administered by the CAA....and that is it. Maine and numerous other schools have a say and a vote in CAA Football stuff......however, they have no say or vote in other CAA matters pertaining to other sports......because they are not members of the CAA in other sports. Do some of you not get that?
    EXACTLY!

Hockey East social media presence is retweeting the schools and that is about it. Honestly, it is a freaking joke!

America East has staff going out to interview coaches, alumni, and everyone under the sun creating content. Take a look at the America East twitter page which has a ton of ORIGINAL content

https://twitter.com/AmericaEast

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    . However, the article on CHN implies that the idea of being part of America East was not well received and not likely to happen.

Sean
    because the idea was akin to dudes sitting around and one asking "hey, how about we each grab a hammer and smash each others nuts"

umlololol indeed

Leave a comment:

• umhockey91
    replied

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Yes, I'm positive that BC, BU, PC, Northeastern, UMass, and UConn are very interested in the folks at Stony Brook, Albany, and Binghamton having a say in how a hockey conference is run.

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied

What's the big deal? America East is simply pushing to administer the conference under the America East banner. There are currently 4 AE schools in Hockey East.....along with 1 ACC, 1 Big East, 1 AAC, 1 NEC, 1 A-10, 1 Patriot & 1 CAA. Anyone see why AE & the AE ADs are pushing for this? Why not? Hockey East administration has been a dinosaur for the last 5 years in marketing the conference and social media presence. Maybe it's time for some new blood to run things.
    Yes, I'm positive that BC, BU, PC, Northeastern, UMass, and UConn are very interested in the folks at Stony Brook, Albany, and Binghamton having a say in how a hockey conference is run.

Leave a comment:

• Sean Pickett
    replied

A question in the Maine thread got me to spend some time looking at the average attendance for each team vs. every other league team from the 2014-15 season to date (I only have the detailed information for all teams to then). Here are each team's average attendance in order. I have bolded the 4 America East teams:
    Boston College
    Boston University 7791
    Providence 5829
    Massachusetts 5167
    Connecticut 4897
    Maine 4709
    UMass Lowell 4538

Northeastern 3748
    Vermont 3733
    New Hampshire 3462

Merrimack 2805

Boston University
    Boston College 5098
    Maine 4175
    Providence 3947
    Massachusetts 3862
    UMass Lowell 3844
    Northeastern 3732
    Vermont 3559
    New Hampshire 3538

Merrimack 3340
    Connecticut 3117

Connecticut
    Boston College 5818
    New Hampshire 5023
    Boston University 4871
    Merrimack 4644
    Northeastern 4355
    Providence 4322
    Maine 4303
    Vermont 4151
    UMass Lowell 4151

Massachusetts 3790

Maine
    New Hampshire 4644
    Boston College 4525
    Boston University 4476
    UMass Lowell 4010
    Massachusetts 3656
    Merrimack 3391
    Northeastern 3363
    Providence 3107
    Vermont 2930
    Connecticut 2435

Massachusetts
    Boston College 5202
    Boston University 4893
    Connecticut 3526
    New Hampshire 3318
    Maine 3242

Providence 2961
    Vermont 2899
    Northeastern 2713
    UMass Lowell 2345
    Merrimack 2315

UMass Lowell
    Boston College 6107
    Providence 5559
    Boston University 5213
    Vermont 5139
    Massachusetts 4906
    Maine 4895
    Merrimack 4879
    New Hampshire 4578
    Northeastern 4436
    Connecticut 4063

Merrimack
    Boston University 2461
    Maine 2358
    Massachusetts 2306
    Northeastern 2249
    Vermont 2238
    Connecticut 2215
    New Hampshire 2190
    Boston College 2029
    UMass Lowell 2020
    Providence 2013

New Hampshire
    Maine 6134
    Massachusetts 4967
    Boston College 4906
    Connecticut 4776
    Northeastern 4739
    Providence 4643
    UMass Lowell 4355
    Boston University 4342
    Merrimack 3897
    Vermont 3483

Northeastern
    Boston University 3654
    Massachusetts 2808
    New Hampshire 2666
    Providence 2361
    Boston College 2291
    Connecticut 2154
    Vermont 2113
    UMass Lowell 2055

Merrimack 1922
    Maine 1790

Providence
    Northeastern 2814
    Boston University 2760
    UMass Lowell 2730
    Connecticut 2680
    Boston College 2630
    Maine 2361
    Massachusetts 2331
    New Hampshire 2322
    Merrimack 2280
    Vermont 2244

Vermont
    New Hampshire 3840
    Merrimack 3803
    Boston College 3789
    Connecticut 3778
    Boston University 3772
    Massachusetts 3449
    UMass Lowell 3387
    Maine 3333

Northeastern 2939
    Providence 2680

If a breakup occurred I see the 4 original non-America East teams (BU, BC, NU, PC) joining with UMass and UConn to form a new Hockey East. However, the article on CHN implies that the idea of being part of America East was not well received and not likely to happen.

Sean

Leave a comment:

• Middle Street
    replied

CHN published an update on commissioner search and this America East situation:
    https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...For-Hockey.php

I'm embarrassed to say it looks like Lowell was the school pushing for this. Sounds like it wasn't well received and nothing will come of it.

Leave a comment:

• Nick Papagiorgio
    replied

Do Hockey East member institutions pay an annual fee of some sort to help fund the league office's operating expenses? I assume they get all of the revenue from the tournament ticket sales but not sure if that is enough (do they need to pay to rent out the Boston Garden for two nights?).

Leave a comment:

• umhockey91
    replied
    Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    we would be better off with nescac. but thanks
    Do you want a cookie, mookie?

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    I think they would want Maine and UNH too.
    Why?

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

What's the big deal? America East is simply pushing to administer the conference under the America East banner. There are currently 4 AE schools in Hockey East.....along with 1 ACC, 1 Big East, 1 AAC, 1 NEC, 1 A-10, 1 Patriot & 1 CAA. Anyone see why AE & the AE ADs are pushing for this? Why not? Hockey East administration has been a dinosaur for the last 5 years in marketing the conference and social media presence. Maybe it's time for some new blood to run things.
    we would be better off with nescac. but thanks

Leave a comment:

• umhockey91
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Zlax45
    replied
    Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    I think they would want Maine and UNH too.

Anyone know what the league budget is? I can’t imagine it’s more than a half a million dollars and when you divide that 11 ways it doesn’t move the needle much for each school.

It’s sad the situation with college sports in New England now versus 20 years ago. Other than Merrimack and Lowell it seems like all the other schools have moved backwards.
    PC basketball is still the pro sport in the city and packing the building but besides that lots of empty buildings throughout New England in all sports.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X