UM 20 30 1-10
    UC 20 32 1-10
    NU 19 33 1-10
    UNH 19 29 1-10
    PC 19 29 1-10
    MC 13 21 4-11
    ------------------------OUT----------------------------------------
    UVM 3 15 10-11

For instance, UMA probably can't finish 9th given the match ups of the teams below there probably aren't enough points to go around, I'm too lazy to do that much work. So instead, I base my possibilities strictly on each team's current points and maximum possible points.

I miss that old post, I forget who used to do it.
    Last edited by sameoldfury; 02-15-2020, 10:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    Re: Hockey East: 2019/20 season is Joe Bertagna's last as commish

This time of the season someone used to run weekly probabilities of HEA end of regular season standings. With only 5 points separating one through nine, this end season's probabilities would be interesting to see.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Please understand a westerner like me looks at "90 minutes" and chuckles. I have just under 90 minutes one way by car to watch a home game at The Ralph (and I have season tickets).

Mariucci (UMn) to National Hockey Center (SCSU) is 90 minutes and that's the closest to Evil Goldie's house.

90 minutes indeed.
    Please understand someone from California looks at "westerner like me" and chuckles.

Leave a comment:

• The Sicatoka
    replied

Please understand a westerner like me looks at "90 minutes" and chuckles. I have just under 90 minutes one way by car to watch a home game at The Ralph (and I have season tickets).

Mariucci (UMn) to National Hockey Center (SCSU) is 90 minutes and that's the closest to Evil Goldie's house.

90 minutes indeed.

Leave a comment:

• Sean Pickett
    replied
    Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
    Lowell from Boston is ok but Lowell to Providence is too long even by car so that is where Lowell is over an hour away. Boston to Worcester and Worcester to Providence are within the hour if going by car but you can still go by train and use public transportation if you want a long ride and bus from Worcester to Providence is under an hour too. This is turning out way more complicated than intended. Maybe we should just petition the NCAA for a 4 team walking league.
    Not to mention that city to city also depends on what locations you are using. You can walk to the DCU Center from the Worcester train station, as well as from Back Bay to Matthews, in a few minutes, but from Conte, Agganis or Schneider you would need to take the subway or a bus, which would add time.

Also, I don’t believe any public transit buses run between Boston and Worcester, so you would have to take the train. BTW, BU used to take the train to UNH in the thirties. One year the game ended in a tie without overtime as BU had to catch the train back to Boston.

Sean

Leave a comment:

• BC/HE
    replied

Originally posted by tape View Post
    The Lowell train takes 50 minutes and the Worcester train takes 90 minutes. What are you even talking about
    Lowell from Boston is ok but Lowell to Providence is too long even by car so that is where Lowell is over an hour away. Boston to Worcester and Worcester to Providence are within the hour if going by car but you can still go by train and use public transportation if you want a long ride and bus from Worcester to Providence is under an hour too. This is turning out way more complicated than intended. Maybe we should just petition the NCAA for a 4 team walking league.

Leave a comment:

• tape
    replied

Forget this bus league proposition, look to the future and make it a public transportation league. Drop UMass and UConn and add in Holy Cross and Bentley. UML and Merrimack would not qualify because there is a 1 hour travel limit and Providence throws them out.
    The Lowell train takes 50 minutes and the Worcester train takes 90 minutes. What are you even talking about

Leave a comment:

• The Sicatoka
    replied

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
    IMHO, Hockey East will seek to affiliate with America East when the NCHC seeks to affiliate with the Horizon League. BOOM.
    The Summit League would be more likely ( ... think: UND, DU, UNO ... ).

Leave a comment:

• BC/HE
    replied

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    I'm confused how Holy Cross qualifies under the 1 hour travel limit.

And you may joke about it, but back when everyone played at Boston Arena I recall reading that BU got to the rink by public transportation. I believe BC and Harvard did likewise.

Sean
    While it may be 1hr 15m by train Boston to Worcester it is less than 1 hour by car from BU, the furthest east team. Worcester is within an hour of Providence too, so if you want to blame anyone for being left out of this blame PC. But you wouldn't want to trade PC for Merrimack and UML because then it would be an odd number of teams.

Leave a comment:

• Sean Pickett
    replied

Forget this bus league proposition, look to the future and make it a public transportation league. Drop UMass and UConn and add in Holy Cross and Bentley. UML and Merrimack would not qualify because there is a 1 hour travel limit and Providence throws them out.
    I'm confused how Holy Cross qualifies under the 1 hour travel limit.

And you may joke about it, but back when everyone played at Boston Arena I recall reading that BU got to the rink by public transportation. I believe BC and Harvard did likewise.

Sean
    Last edited by Sean Pickett; 02-03-2020, 10:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Chris_NH
    replied

I like this a LOT.

Leave a comment:

• BC/HE
    replied

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    If a breakup occurred I see the 4 original non-America East teams (BU, BC, NU, PC) joining with UMass and UConn to form a new Hockey East. However, the article on CHN implies that the idea of being part of America East was not well received and not likely to happen.Sean

Leave a comment:

• The Zlax45
    replied
    Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    I don’t think the social media matters that much. To me the much bigger issue is the scheduling. It’s gone completely to hell in the last 10 years and doesn’t show any signs of getting better. Pretty hard to understand why they would make Northeastern travel to Maine in the weekend between beanpot games.
    A majority of Hockey East fans couldn’t name every single head coach if they were standing in front of them with no nameplates. Is this good for the league? Absolutely not and with college athletics attendance down pretty much across the country, it isn’t a good trend

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

I still don't get why America East would even be interested in this. It's worth the hassle of being in charge of another sport?

Leave a comment:

• Split-N
    replied

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
    OK Boomer.
    IMHO, Hockey East will seek to affiliate with America East when the NCHC seeks to affiliate with the Horizon League. BOOM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X