Hockey East: 2019/20 season is Joe Bertagna's last as commish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hockey East: 2019/20 season is Joe Bertagna's last as commish

I feel like 3 on 3 overtime is played so the team with possession tires out the opponent then pounces on their tired opponent.
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      And what is this about TV timeouts when a game isn't on TV? That doesn't make sense. Are you sure you're not talking about the midway point in the period when they come out and clean the ice?

Another factor in game length is the stopping several times a period for ice maintenance aka shoveling shavings :-) That time adds up quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by TV producer View Post
        Another factor in game length is the stopping several times a period for ice maintenance aka shoveling shavings :-) That time adds up quickly.
        That happens during the media timeouts that are already happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
          It would be much faster if I was A.I., but sadly I have to gather the data and then put it into a form that I can use to crunch numbers. And definitely not a click of a button, usually several clicks at a minimum.

Sean
          I think ai has gotten to the point where they can lie and mimic human emotions.

Having said all of this I believe it is proper to subject Sean to lie detector testing.

Now, I don’t think it is fair I ask all 78 questions. So we have decided a true fair test is to hook this Sean AI robot to lie detector. And each fan gets to ask three pressing questions for whatever they come up with.

Hopefully Sean agrees this is clearly a fair trade off and is in his best interest. Otherwise I will ask all 78 questions.

Comment

There doesn't seem to be anywhere else to put this, so here goes...

Team Points Maximum Wins Range
            BC 28 36 14 1-6
            UMA 26 32 12 1-8
            ME 25 29 11 1-9
            UC 24 30 11 1-9
            UML 24 30 10 1-9
            BU 23 29 9 1-9
            NU 21 29 10 1-9
            PC 21 25 9 4-9
            UNH 19 27 9 3-9

Only BC and UMass have clinched a playoff berth.
            No team has clinched home ice.
            All nine teams in contention can still earn home ice.
            Seven teams can still win the regular season title.

The most fun scenario I have found is a six-way tie for second place.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
              I think ai has gotten to the point where they can lie and mimic human emotions.
              OK, but I don't think A.I.s need kidney transplants, at least not yet, and I do.

Sean
              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
              BU Hockey highlights and extras
              NCAA Hockey Financials
              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                OK, but I don't think A.I.s need kidney transplants, at least not yet, and I do.

Sean
                Damm man, I didn't know. Is there anything we can do??

Comment

Sean

Sorry to hear.

Comment

Sean
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                      Damm man, I didn't know. Is there anything we can do??
                      Originally posted by BlackI View Post

Sorry to hear.
                      Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      Thanks for the thoughts. At this time other than offering to donate a kidney there is nothing I need. I was watching the Enterprise episode The Communicator yesterday when the dialog, in taking about human organs included "redundant renal organ." It made me wish kidneys worked that way so I would have one healthy one, but they don't. On the positive side, needing a transplant lead to the discovery that I needed a triple bypass which was successful.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                      NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Thanks for the thoughts. At this time other than offering to donate a kidney there is nothing I need. I was watching the Enterprise episode The Communicator yesterday when the dialog, in taking about human organs included "redundant renal organ." It made me wish kidneys worked that way so I would have one healthy one, but they don't. On the positive side, needing a transplant lead to the discovery that I needed a triple bypass which was successful.

Sean
                        Do you have family that is a good match?

Comment

http://hockeyeastonline.com/men/arti...artnership.php

CBS All-Access

Under the partnership, each game played in Hockey East arenas, including all postseason contests for both the men's and women's leagues, will be streamed live in the United States and Canada on CBS All Access, with archival content available on demand as well.

Fans can tune in beginning this Thursday (Feb. 27) to watch all Hockey East Women's Tournament games as well as Hockey East men's league regular season and tournament games, featuring the exciting conclusion to the closest season in recent memory.
                          Last edited by ticapnews; 02-26-2020, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                            Come for the hockey, stay for the Star Trek. This basically makes that service aimed directly at me and only me.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              It would seem both parties have been happy with this season’s viewing numbers. It also brings all the women’s game to the All-Access platform, so no more free games. I do like having all the tournament games on All-Access as it is much cheaper than the previous streaming platform Hockey East had partnered with. With BU probably on the road I may be watching this year instead of being at the games. And, of course, you get access to all CBS owned content.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                              NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

• Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                                Come for the hockey, stay for the Star Trek. This basically makes that service aimed directly at me and only me.
                                Sorry, me too, except I’d reverse it: Come for Star Trek, stay for hockey.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                                NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Working...
                                X