• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ticapnews
    replied
    Re: Hockey East: 2019/20 season is Joe Bertagna's last as commish

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Were the games on the first two February Mondays intentionally omitted from the NESN/HEA schedule?
    Those aren't Hockey East games, so most likely.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied

Were the games on the first two February Mondays intentionally omitted from the NESN/HEA schedule?

Leave a comment:

• NU_Husky
    replied

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
    Maybe this has been answered, and I’ll apologize in advance I haven’t read this thread thoroughly, but as a UVM fan living in Atlanta, will I be able to stream the games?
    You're gonna need a new screen name!!

Leave a comment:

• Liveatjrl
    replied
    Hockey East: 2019/20 season is Joe Bertagna's last as commish

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
    You'll still be able to stream them but I suspect there's a pricing package that's yet to be announced. I'm hoping it ends up at a number that's palatable for those of us who are used to paying $10 per game to stream road games to still be happy with it even though the home games would no longer be free.
    The 2 NU home games that are not on NESN should still be free streaming through the howlin huskies productions ... looked like 11/16 and 1/31 v. PC will be available through NU stream.

The biggest questions I have is will the cbs stream be avail on multiple screens at the same time or just 1 screen? will games not at a Hockey East arena be available through there? (Like the games at SCS and Belfast)
    Last edited by Liveatjrl; 09-28-2019, 03:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sean Pickett
    replied
    Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
    You'll still be able to stream them but I suspect there's a pricing package that's yet to be announced. I'm hoping it ends up at a number that's palatable for those of us who are used to paying $10 per game to stream road games to still be happy with it even though the home games would no longer be free.
    At the moment the website lists all games through 6 October as free.

Sean

Leave a comment:

• TheRevengeance
    replied

Leave a comment:

• UVM Cat in Texas
    replied

Maybe this has been answered, and I’ll apologize in advance I haven’t read this thread thoroughly, but as a UVM fan living in Atlanta, will I be able to stream the games?

Leave a comment:

• Middle Street
    replied

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
    @jimmyconnelly
    Hearing from sources that @hockey_east is very close to announcing its first league-wide digital platform to broadcast all men’s and women’s games beginning this season. There are details to work out, but being told that CBS Sports will be the network hosting the platform.

Not sure what the actual cost or pay structure will be but would expect it to be something similar to what the NCHC has with their https://NCHC.tv digital platform
    https://www.collegesportslive.com/sc...ns-ice-hockey/

Leave a comment:

• Yuppie Scum
    replied

@jimmyconnelly
    Hearing from sources that @hockey_east is very close to announcing its first league-wide digital platform to broadcast all men’s and women’s games beginning this season. There are details to work out, but being told that CBS Sports will be the network hosting the platform.

Not sure what the actual cost or pay structure will be but would expect it to be something similar to what the NCHC has with their http://NCHC.tv digital platform

Leave a comment:

• Yuppie Scum
    replied
    Hockey East: 2019/20 season is Joe Bertagna's last as commish

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
    Some of those local productions (if that's what they'll be using) are actually pretty decent.
    Some are frickin awful. Either way, better than following on Twitter, and maybe it’ll be on at the bars.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
    Some of those local productions (if that's what they'll be using) are actually pretty decent.
    I wonder if they'll go the ESPN3 route of having most of them be student broadcasts. I know for UMaine baseball games they use students.

Leave a comment:

• Split-N
    replied

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    ...we can handle campus productions of regular season games.

Leave a comment:

• Darius
    replied

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    Who the F cares who produces it? It's college hockey on free TV. If we can handle ESPN ****ing up our postseason tournament we can handle campus productions of regular season games.
    Agreed. Just saying that NESN figures to increase viewers on Bs off nights at minimal cost.

I had the opportunity to chat with some UNH Wildcat Productions staff this summer. They were surprised when I told them people watch their broadcasts on the internet. They must be stoked about the NESN deal.
    Last edited by Darius; 09-26-2019, 02:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied

Who the F cares who produces it? It's college hockey on free TV. If we can handle ESPN ****ing up our postseason tournament we can handle campus productions of regular season games.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

That's what I am thinking. Or maybe NESN produces x amount of the games. Regardless, this is great news.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X