Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hockey East: 2019/20 season is Joe Bertagna's last as commish

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Hockey East: 2019/20 season is Joe Bertagna's last as commish

    Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
    @jimmyconnelly
    Hearing from sources that @hockey_east is very close to announcing its first league-wide digital platform to broadcast all menís and womenís games beginning this season. There are details to work out, but being told that CBS Sports will be the network hosting the platform.

    Not sure what the actual cost or pay structure will be but would expect it to be something similar to what the NCHC has with their https://NCHC.tv digital platform
    https://www.collegesportslive.com/sc...ns-ice-hockey/

    Comment


    • Re: Hockey East: 2019/20 season is Joe Bertagna's last as commish

      Maybe this has been answered, and Iíll apologize in advance I havenít read this thread thoroughly, but as a UVM fan living in Atlanta, will I be able to stream the games?

      Comment


      • Re: Hockey East: 2019/20 season is Joe Bertagna's last as commish

        You'll still be able to stream them but I suspect there's a pricing package that's yet to be announced. I'm hoping it ends up at a number that's palatable for those of us who are used to paying $10 per game to stream road games to still be happy with it even though the home games would no longer be free.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
          You'll still be able to stream them but I suspect there's a pricing package that's yet to be announced. I'm hoping it ends up at a number that's palatable for those of us who are used to paying $10 per game to stream road games to still be happy with it even though the home games would no longer be free.
          At the moment the website lists all games through 6 October as free.

          Sean
          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

          BU Hockey Games
          BU Hockey highlights and extras
          NCAA Hockey Financials
          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games

          Comment


          • Hockey East: 2019/20 season is Joe Bertagna's last as commish

            Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
            You'll still be able to stream them but I suspect there's a pricing package that's yet to be announced. I'm hoping it ends up at a number that's palatable for those of us who are used to paying $10 per game to stream road games to still be happy with it even though the home games would no longer be free.
            The 2 NU home games that are not on NESN should still be free streaming through the howlin huskies productions ... looked like 11/16 and 1/31 v. PC will be available through NU stream.

            The biggest questions I have is will the cbs stream be avail on multiple screens at the same time or just 1 screen? will games not at a Hockey East arena be available through there? (Like the games at SCS and Belfast)
            Last edited by Liveatjrl; 09-28-2019, 04:11 PM.

            Comment


            • Re: Hockey East: 2019/20 season is Joe Bertagna's last as commish

              Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
              Maybe this has been answered, and Iíll apologize in advance I havenít read this thread thoroughly, but as a UVM fan living in Atlanta, will I be able to stream the games?
              You're gonna need a new screen name!!
              "Never tell me the odds"

              http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

              Comment


              • Re: Hockey East: 2019/20 season is Joe Bertagna's last as commish

                Were the games on the first two February Mondays intentionally omitted from the NESN/HEA schedule?
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

                ĒAny society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.Ē
                - Benjamin Franklin

                Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

                I want to live forever. So far, so good.

                Comment


                • Re: Hockey East: 2019/20 season is Joe Bertagna's last as commish

                  Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Were the games on the first two February Mondays intentionally omitted from the NESN/HEA schedule?
                  Those aren't Hockey East games, so most likely.

                  Comment


                  • Re: Hockey East: 2019/20 season is Joe Bertagna's last as commish

                    Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Were the games on the first two February Mondays intentionally omitted from the NESN/HEA schedule?
                    As someone else already pointed out, they're not on the NESN/HEA schedule since they're not HEA games. But NESN owns the rights to those particular games so they'll be televised on NESN anyway. Just not as part of the HEA package.
                    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

                    Comment


                    • Re: Hockey East: 2019/20 season is Joe Bertagna's last as commish

                      Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                      As someone else already pointed out, they're not on the NESN/HEA schedule since they're not HEA games. But NESN owns the rights to those particular games so they'll be televised on NESN anyway. Just not as part of the HEA package.
                      There's a lot of non-conference games on the NESN package already. Just take a look at October:

                      RPI at UMass
                      Wisconsin at BC
                      Lowell at Minnesota-Duluth
                      Merrimack at Holy Cross
                      Union at UMass
                      Holy Cross at Northeastern
                      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

                      "I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

                      Comment


                      • Re: Hockey East: 2019/20 season is Joe Bertagna's last as commish

                        I immediately noticed the picture of a UVM player in the HE preview article. This seems to strongly suggest that UVM will be the face of HE this season!

                        (God help the league if that's the case)

                        Comment


                        • Re: Hockey East: 2019/20 season is Joe Bertagna's last as commish

                          I saw the part in Connolly and Hendrickson's season preview about a 12th team in Hockey East. Please, no Arizona State. One of the best things I feel that works for the conference is its geographic concentration. Recognizable regional rivalries. The tough question then is, what potential places have the resources and desire to compete at that level? Thinking not that much further afield, Syracuse comes to mind, they have a women's program, but like anything else, always depends on donors coming up with the necessary start up cash. Everyone always says URI, but again, where's the desire and the cash. I think NYC would be a great market to step into (which every conference thinks) if there was a suitable candidate. Something from thinking WAY outside the box? - McGill.
                          Let's Go Huskies!

                          Northeastern University '02

                          Comment


                          • Re: Hockey East: 2019/20 season is Joe Bertagna's last as commish

                            Originally posted by McBain75 View Post
                            I saw the part in Connolly and Hendrickson's season preview about a 12th team in Hockey East. Please, no Arizona State. One of the best things I feel that works for the conference is its geographic concentration. Recognizable regional rivalries. The tough question then is, what potential places have the resources and desire to compete at that level? Thinking not that much further afield, Syracuse comes to mind, they have a women's program, but like anything else, always depends on donors coming up with the necessary start up cash. Everyone always says URI, but again, where's the desire and the cash. I think NYC would be a great market to step into (which every conference thinks) if there was a suitable candidate. Something from thinking WAY outside the box? - McGill.
                            After seeing the way those canadian teams played in exhibition a few years ago, no thanks to McGill.

                            I like Bentley (new rink at 4k is fine in this day and age), Holy Cross a little bit of a dark horse due to lack of stadium/competition from Worcester Railers. Maybe the newly legit AIC is in the conversation?

                            UMaine Portland?

                            Comment


                            • Re: Hockey East: 2019/20 season is Joe Bertagna's last as commish

                              Originally posted by McBain75 View Post
                              I saw the part in Connolly and Hendrickson's season preview about a 12th team in Hockey East. Please, no Arizona State.
                              Connolly talked about ASU to HE in a USCHO podcast released following the WCHA defection news. It had me wondering if that idea was the last straw for Bertangna. I'd prefer not to have ASU join because they would just be another short timer looking to jump ship at the first opportunity.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Hockey East: 2019/20 season is Joe Bertagna's last as commish

                                Probably not in the cards but Quinnipiac has been my first choice
                                Would expand the footprint more toward New York
                                they have televised games on cable in that region
                                Close and an outstanding hockey facility

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X