X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMLFan
    replied
    Originally posted by J.D.
    Do you have proof that Minnesota IS putting in bids? This is an easy game to play.
    Right question.
    Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
    I'm sure Minnesota has requested Regionals and FFs every year but seemingly only got rewarded with ONE in 40.
    Because "I'm sure" isn't proof.

I think what Numbers said above how "No neutral site in Minnesota really works for this set up" makes sense, but I don't know that for sure either.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Do you have proof that Minnesota IS putting in bids? This is an easy game to play.

Leave a comment:

• FredsDeadFriend
    replied
    Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

Its about LOGISTICS. Tell Minnesota to get off their hump and put in for some bids. Not sure Minnesota in April is a great draw but go for it. Cant be worse than Fargo....
    You have proof that Minnesota isn't putting in bids? And what? Pittsburgh, Boston, Buffalo, St Louis or Detroit are incredible places to visit in April? lol

Leave a comment:

• FredsDeadFriend
    replied
    Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    Now that's an interesting way to prove your point. But I'll agree, since obviously the Hall of Fame is in Minnesota, why even bother letting anyone from outside that state play in the NCAAs?
    I'm fine with letting Eastern teams "play" in the NCAA tourney, but they shouldn't be given extra advantages, such as the majority of home field advantages come tourney time and a PWR rating system designed to help them out and get more Eastern teams into the tourney than otherwise would.

Eastern teams were given an advantage in the past simply by being guaranteed 2 bids to the Frozen Four for decades while they proved year after year that they probably didn't deserve to even be in the tournament.
    Last edited by FredsDeadFriend; 03-19-2021, 10:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FredsDeadFriend
    replied
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    If coaches and administrators don't like the current system, have they made proposals that have been shot down? UND is smart to host in Fargo. Denver got the memo with Loveland now in the picture. Same for Penn State and Allentown.

If these clearly superior, big, bad western teams can't handle getting on a plane to go beat the little sisters of the poor in the east in front of terrible crowds or in this year's case no crowd...do something about it. Work something out where you are hosting a regional. Or tell the NCAA that you will cover the costs of sending eastern teams out west.
    Western team have ALWAYS spent more money for travel expenses throughout their regular seasons, and then have dominated NCAA tourney play, so it is Eastern teams that should have to come out west to play, if things were fair. But they are not fair, never have been, and never will be. I'm sure Minnesota has requested Regionals and FFs every year but seemingly only got rewarded with ONE in 40. And with Eastern biased people in charge, it won't matter if Minnesota asks for tournaments or not, they simply won't get them, because the NCAA is all about giving the little sisters of the poor out east as much help as they can, otherwise they'd win even less than they do now.

Btw, where have the best attended Frozen Fours been located? I'll give you a hint, they are all out West.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X