Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rabid Gopher
    replied
    I'd be ****ed if I was a UMD fan. If they go on to win it all there will be a huge * in the books.
    It will not be a legit NC or three-peat.

Leave a comment:

• beaverhockeyfan
    replied
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Buccigross doing a great job telling us Caufield and Holloway are gone after the season
    Maybe they have already left?

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Lololololol

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Buccigross doing a great job telling us Caufield and Holloway are gone after the season

Leave a comment:

• First Time, Long Time
    replied
    Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post

But even if they had bubbled, Neither Michigan nor Notre Dame were infected in Fargo and Albany. The results to the tournament would have been the same. ND would not have been allowed in and Michigan would have been kicked out this afternoon.
    I don't know how the bubble would have worked, though. The sports that bubbled last year (NHL, NBA) required a certain amount of isolation time before the games and practices started. This would not have been possible with the conference championships just ending 5 days ago.
    I know the basketball tournament did a bubble in Indy with a similar timing situation. The way the winter sports season has gone, I think they got really really lucky that only 1 team had an issue coming in. Now that the remaining 16 teams have been in Indy for a week and a half, the bubble concept should be helping prevent any further disturbances.
    If hockey followed that plan, the bubble would only really protect the frozen four teams, not really the other 12.
    I think it could have been done if they'd actually planned for it during the season. Move the tourney back a week from the conference tourneys and bubble it. If there are no or minimal fans...you don't need a massive NHL arena or city to do it in.
    if the NCHC could bubble in Omaha...the NCAA could have bubbled this tourney and had contingency plans for teams if they got ill.

Leave a comment:

• TigerFan86-87
    replied
    Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

Who says someone has to offer? The NCAA can't ask?
    Its a BS argument.
    The tourney needed to be bubbled...if your original location can't do it...you find another...you don't wait or need an offer.
    But even if they had bubbled, Neither Michigan nor Notre Dame were infected in Fargo and Albany. The results to the tournament would have been the same. ND would not have been allowed in and Michigan would have been kicked out this afternoon.
    I don't know how the bubble would have worked, though. The sports that bubbled last year (NHL, NBA) required a certain amount of isolation time before the games and practices started. This would not have been possible with the conference championships just ending 5 days ago.
    I know the basketball tournament did a bubble in Indy with a similar timing situation. The way the winter sports season has gone, I think they got really really lucky that only 1 team had an issue coming in. Now that the remaining 16 teams have been in Indy for a week and a half, the bubble concept should be helping prevent any further disturbances.
    If hockey followed that plan, the bubble would only really protect the frozen four teams, not really the other 12.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Wisconsin in trouble with shoddy goaltending

Big Ten has no interest in being in the tournament

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Of course they can ask...just like they asked the people in Pittsburgh

Leave a comment:

• First Time, Long Time
    replied
    You can't find another location if one doesn't exist. They probably looked into all options.
    Again...they can't ask? It's a tourney that doesn't make them much money so I honestly doubt they tried all that hard.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    You can't find another location if one doesn't exist. They probably looked into all options.

Leave a comment:

• First Time, Long Time
    replied
    Shoulda made Duluth play AIC and give #1 overall the bye! They should certainly move up the UND game time but who knows.
    No they shouldn't have.

Leave a comment:

• First Time, Long Time
    replied

Ok...to where? Who offered?
    Who says someone has to offer? The NCAA can't ask?
    Its a BS argument.
    The tourney needed to be bubbled...if your original location can't do it...you find another...you don't wait or need an offer.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

Then move it from Pittsburgh.
    this was bungled... but it's the NCAA so I expect nothing less.
    Ok...to where? Who offered?

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Shoulda made Duluth play AIC and give #1 overall the bye! They should certainly move up the UND game time but who knows.

Leave a comment:

• First Time, Long Time
    replied

They couldn't make it work in Pittsburgh. They explored that option.
    Then move it from Pittsburgh.
    this was bungled... but it's the NCAA so I expect nothing less.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X