X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To be 9-2 in NCAA tournament OT games is absurd

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      North Dakota is absolutely gassed. I don't see this one going too far into a second overtime.

Crazy stat about Duluth...1/3 of their NCAA Tournament wins have come in overtime. 9/27.
      They're 9-2. Man, that makes a big difference getting into position to win titles. Had we won 9 of our last 11 NCAA ot games we'd have been in at least 4 more F4s.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Starman just hit on offside rule. So if UND possessed the puck and then UMD scored it's no longer reviewable? Now I need to go watch that BC goal against UML again...

Comment

• Anyone have odds that MN/UNO ends before UND/UMD?

Comment

• Originally posted by Numbers View Post
            Anyone have odds that MN/UNO ends before UND/UMD?
            The way the two teams are playing, this can go on for a long time- lots of dumping and chasing.

Comment

• Minnesota with a good game. And, NoDak and UMD still playing.....

Comment

• Sanderson looks the most likely to end this

Comment

• 7th longest game in NCAA History. Only one other one was an NCAA tournament game.

Comment

• Maybe 4 on 4 would be good now. If there's a blatant penalty on a scoring chance make the call.

Comment

• Longest game in NCAA tournament history, and 5th longest ever.

Comment

• Watching UMD now in the 4th OT they looked tired obviously and making mistakes clearing the puck out of their end. UND is tired too but still has a bit of a jump in their legs and pressing more to end the game.

Goalie is cramping and being replaced suddenly.

Oh oh

At this point, no shot is a bad shot
                        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                          Offsides replays are ruining games. These tiny centimeter frame by frame reviews of hockey are joke. Let ref call offides and live with it.
                          Honestly I couldn't see the offside on replay on the UML game but a slight lift of the skate was all that was needed to call offside on that potential winning goal
                          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Congratulations to Duluth. I think they win it all again and become the first team since Michigan in the 50s to win three NCAA Tournaments in a row. They just have an uncanny ability to win these type of games come tournament time.

From North Dakota's perspective, that was an unfortunate end. North Dakota overcame tremendous odds to tie the game up late in the third, and it seemed by the third and fourth overtimes they had more energy than Duluth. I'd be curious how many posts North Dakota hit in the overtimes. It seemed like about 4-5.

Oh well. Great season for North Dakota. Great game for college hockey. Good luck to the Bulldogs against Massachusetts.
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• It's Russian roulette when a favorite has to face a conference rival at any sport, any level. Different dynamic at play.

Comment

• Knowing that was largely a routine save, the goalie was exhausted, too. Not quite like UMD who had to come out of the game, but exhausted.

As for the FF, I still think it's impossible to read who can do what- BSU looked so impressive against Wisconsin, but much less than that vs UMass. The BC game today will be interesting to see how they play- seeing how BU looked.

I honestly had doubts about my team, as there was just a few weekends the entire season where they won both games.

Comment

Working...
                                X