No announcement yet.

NCAA Tourney Team Selection Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL what the heck just happened? This is a weird game.
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Did they mention where the refs are from?
      Lemonade is one of them

Comment

• Don’t think I’ve ever seen the boards break.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Who put this rink together?

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Who put this rink together?
            The Albany Branch of the Capital District Papier-Mache Association
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Minus the craziness this game ultimately went as expected. Maybe it's a good thing another Hockey East team didn't get in...

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Who put this rink together?
                Probably one of Cuomo's buddies.

Comment

• It does seem that the various venues that host these eastern regionals are pretty awful. I mean Worcester- Terrible, Albany- at best mediocre, Manchester- lousy, Bridgeport, ice is lousy at a minimum, Providence seems ok, but so many are terrible.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• The nicer facilities are probably on campus or "home" sites that don't/can't bid.

Comment

• Amazing seeing UMass actually being called for penalties once they get out of Hockey East

Comment

• Interestingly, a BU poster on their thread pointed out that the rules have changed in regard to the first BU goal that was offside. March 10th memo on postseason play rules reminders:

Rule 93.4-12 – Video Review of Offsides/Too Many Players.

This is a reminder of the video replay criteria dealing with reviews of offsides and too many players. The video replay criteria for offsides and too many players on the ice includes the following language: "In postseason competition, offsides and too many players infractions are permitted to be reviewed without a coach's challenge."

This is a difference from the regular-season, when a coach must use a challenge to review these situations. By rule, the opportunity for review exists during the time the puck entered the attacking zone illegally as the result of an offside infraction and until the puck either:
                        • Leaves the offending team's attacking zone;
                        • A stoppage of play occurs, and a faceoff is conducted; or
                        The defending team gains possession and control of the puck (officials are guided to use the same judgment in possession and control as they would use when a delayed penalty is in effect).
                        The last bullet point obviously is the compelling case here (bolded part is actually bolded in the memo). I think this rule change is a huge step back and in particular the language in parentheses is terrible, as you can see when this happened today, the defending team barely gained possession seconds after the zone entry, had his pocket picked promptly and the puck was in the net. So they made the right call on the ice and in the review apparently according to these current rules.
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Terrific job by the ref not whistling that play dead

Congrats to Minn State. Clearly the better team.

Comment

• How about that play by Sandelin? He had the follow-up that looked like a sure goal that just missed, got knocked on his azz after the shot, and got back up and rammed the game-winner in.

Comment

• So this NoDak UMD game- it's relief that UMD survived that opening 5 min- in that time, their goalie seems to see the puck pretty big now (I hope).

UMD just needs to make some more chances- the passes are still kind of behind, so they miss some good opportunities. NoDak just looks good.

Comment

• Sphincters are tightening in Fargo

Comment

Working...
                                X