No announcement yet.

NCAA Tourney Team Selection Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a great first day for competitive games but at least AIC didn't fold and lose 10-0

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post

Yes, I was about to post about it... I personally don't mind him and hope he is ok. I am worried they are tremors that could indicate health issues.
      Essential tremor is very common at his age, and that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with alcoholism... His comments made just as much sense as they've had for 20 years, IMO.

For my money, I thought that Barry and John were good tonight, and I've thought so for years. Those two old boys love the game.

Comment

• Barry may have Parkinsons.
        License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackheart View Post
          Barry may have Parkinsons.
          Worked in ICU's for > 30 years, and I certainly wouldn't jump to that conclusion.

Essential tremor happens with age; it'll likely happen to you, too, if you live long enough.

Parkinson's generally manifests more so re: cognitive issues (initially), and Barry doesn't seem to be any dumber than usual. I find him charming, in a Canadian sort of way.

;-)
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-27-2021, 12:47 AM.

Comment

• His hand was REALLY shaking. Way more than a twitch. I enjoyed their broadcasts. Kind of a Bob Norton feel, but in a different way. Colby Cohen’s insights nicely supplement Melrose’s general hockey guy banter. I feel like Barry appreciates the college game more each year.
            Last edited by Darius; 03-27-2021, 08:05 AM.
            I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• It's tough for me because we need more people like Buccigross who promote the game but his play by play act wears on me...

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                It's tough for me because we need more people like Buccigross who promote the game but his play by play act wears on me...
                Agreed. I think overall he is definitely a net positive for our sport. However, if you plopped someone who had never watched a hockey game in front of his call yesterday, they probably would have guessed that Cole Caufield was either Bucci's son or boyfriend. It was a bit much.
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• I got really tired of him fawning over the favorites and really knowing nothing, no names, no history, no nothing, about either Bemidji or Lake State.And now I have the BSU fight song stuck in my head.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    I got really tired of him fawning over the favorites and really knowing nothing, no names, no history, no nothing, about either Bemidji or Lake State.And now I have the BSU fight song stuck in my head.
                    Yeah. What bugged me the most was the "Cole Caufield on the Ice" graphic, and then nothing for any of the Bemidji players. That was just terribly disrespectful. If you want to highlight when the top players are on the ice, fine, but have some for the other team...particularly when that team is thoroughly kicking the *** of the "better" team.
                    North Dakota
                    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Jesus, this is a terrible call for a 5 minute major and a game MC on a player that was turning while the hit was being made.
                      Originally posted by reBlur
                      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Really not sure how that wasn’t offsides on the goal.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Clearly offisde. Absolutely mind-boggling they reviewed it and screwed it up. What conference is this crew from?
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Yep, that was clearly offside.

Comment

• NCAA refs suck...this is nothing new.
                              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Did they mention where the refs are from?

Comment

Working...
                                X