• Show
Clear All

• Of course they can ask...just like they asked the people in Pittsburgh

Comment

• Wisconsin in trouble with shoddy goaltending

Big Ten has no interest in being in the tournament

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

Who says someone has to offer? The NCAA can't ask?
        Its a BS argument.
        The tourney needed to be bubbled...if your original location can't do it...you find another...you don't wait or need an offer.
        But even if they had bubbled, Neither Michigan nor Notre Dame were infected in Fargo and Albany. The results to the tournament would have been the same. ND would not have been allowed in and Michigan would have been kicked out this afternoon.
        I don't know how the bubble would have worked, though. The sports that bubbled last year (NHL, NBA) required a certain amount of isolation time before the games and practices started. This would not have been possible with the conference championships just ending 5 days ago.
        I know the basketball tournament did a bubble in Indy with a similar timing situation. The way the winter sports season has gone, I think they got really really lucky that only 1 team had an issue coming in. Now that the remaining 16 teams have been in Indy for a week and a half, the bubble concept should be helping prevent any further disturbances.
        If hockey followed that plan, the bubble would only really protect the frozen four teams, not really the other 12.
        Can't we all just get along?
        Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post

But even if they had bubbled, Neither Michigan nor Notre Dame were infected in Fargo and Albany. The results to the tournament would have been the same. ND would not have been allowed in and Michigan would have been kicked out this afternoon.
          I don't know how the bubble would have worked, though. The sports that bubbled last year (NHL, NBA) required a certain amount of isolation time before the games and practices started. This would not have been possible with the conference championships just ending 5 days ago.
          I know the basketball tournament did a bubble in Indy with a similar timing situation. The way the winter sports season has gone, I think they got really really lucky that only 1 team had an issue coming in. Now that the remaining 16 teams have been in Indy for a week and a half, the bubble concept should be helping prevent any further disturbances.
          If hockey followed that plan, the bubble would only really protect the frozen four teams, not really the other 12.
          I think it could have been done if they'd actually planned for it during the season. Move the tourney back a week from the conference tourneys and bubble it. If there are no or minimal fans...you don't need a massive NHL arena or city to do it in.
          if the NCHC could bubble in Omaha...the NCAA could have bubbled this tourney and had contingency plans for teams if they got ill.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Buccigross doing a great job telling us Caufield and Holloway are gone after the season

Comment

• Lololololol

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Buccigross doing a great job telling us Caufield and Holloway are gone after the season
                Maybe they have already left?
                Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

• I'd be ****ed if I was a UMD fan. If they go on to win it all there will be a huge * in the books.
                  It will not be a legit NC or three-peat.

National Champions: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003

Comment

• Nah, there won't.

Comment

• B1g: 0-3
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        B1g: 0-3
                        That's B1gly. ;-)
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Rabid Gopher View Post
                          I'd be ****ed if I was a UMD fan. If they go on to win it all there will be a huge * in the books.
                          It will not be a legit NC or three-peat.
                          Yes it will. If they win...they played under the conditions put forth...there is nothing illegitimate about it.
                          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                            B1g: 0-3
                            On the heels of the basketball teams spitting the bit. Ouch.
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Maybe Iowa can take down UConn in women's hoops

Comment

• This could be the worst performance from a #1 seed since BC lost to CC in 2011. At least that team had national titles in 2010 and 2012. Wisconsin hasn't won a tournament game since 2010.

Comment

Working...
                                X