No announcement yet.

NCAA Tourney Team Selection Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obviously it's not ideal, who would say it is? But that's the situation we have here and the same would apply to any team.

Comment

• When the big, bad, superior St. Cloud Huskies kick both BU and BC in the nuts this will be a non issue!

Comment

• The funniest thing is most of the comments I am seeing are simply that ND didn't belong in anyway.

Comment

• PC hasn't practiced all week, team already had their best player sign a pro contract. It would be a gong-show game to make them start practicing again all of a sudden, hop on a bus, hope the NCAA accepts rapid antigen tests, then play a game.

It's a bad situation but there's no good answer and sending out PC <48 hours before game time isn't a better solution.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Mike McMahon hinted that there were a couple positive tests in Fargo but an unspecified team is ok to play? Not sure if he's got the full story there as it would seem if you are going to let a team play despite 2-3 positive tests (which I support) then why wouldn't that apply to ND as well?

Edit: obviously anyone who tests positive is out. I meant the players who test negative. But now I will get scolded because one negative test might not mean anything.

Comment

• I've been clamoring for going back to the 12-team format and giving top seeds byes. This is actually a step in the right direction!!
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• How about they say screw the TV situation, let's play the BU-SCSU game tomorrow and then the regional final on Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

Real issue is BC gets to sit there and rest while St Cloud plays BU and winner has to play another game in less than 24 hours. Not ideal. Everyone else has to win 4 games to win title and BC has to only win 3.
                  It's how it used to be done with the super regionals so it's not a big deal in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    How about they say screw the TV situation, let's play the BU-SCSU game tomorrow and then the regional final on Sunday.
                    I do think this warrants some sort of schedule adjustment if they are able to with regards to the TV slots.

Not sure if they could move the day of the game (probably unlikely) but at least give them an earlier game time. They were already the night game, plus imagine the disadvantage of that going well into the night with some potential overtime.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

I do think this warrants some sort of schedule adjustment if they are able to with regards to the TV slots.

Not sure if they could move the day of the game (probably unlikely) but at least give them an earlier game time. They were already the night game, plus imagine the disadvantage of that going well into the night with some potential overtime.
                      This is fair. I don't know that they'd be able to move the game to Friday given practice and testing protocols, but at least moving the BU-SCSU game to the early afternoon would give a bit of extra rest for that game's winner.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Ya if tomorrow won't work, no reason they can't take the 1 PM Saturday slot

Comment

Ya if tomorrow won't work, no reason they can't take the 1 PM Saturday slot
                          I think its a no brainer they move the BU/SCS game to 1pm in the BC slot. Having them play at 6:30pm to then turnaround and play Sunday at 5:30 is dumb...then again its the NCAA.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/MikeMcMahonCHN/s...038653961?s=19

So did North Dakota have positive cases but still playing?

Comment

https://twitter.com/MikeMcMahonCHN/s...038653961?s=19

So did North Dakota have positive cases but still playing?
                              Because they don't care about Covid in some areas of the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                                ND is out according to several reports with Covid positives. Past the deadline to add PC but NCAA should make exception here and put them in. 2.5 hour bus ride, rapide test PC and they bus in on Saturday for game.
                                Actually the team that should have been selected instead of Notre Dame would be a perfect fit for this regional, Army.

Comment

Working...
                                X