No announcement yet.

NCAA Tourney Team Selection Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't heard any post-selection analysis, but I would suppose the only thing interesting is Notre Dame instead of Providence, right?

Comment

• We'll never really know but if that last team in was going to play BC, the committee could have disregarded Providence to avoid a HE first round game. As I said, there's really no crying from any of these bubble teams. And especially from Providence who has benefited on multiple occasions in recent years. Record wise maybe Bowling Green could have slid in to that spot but it's just a coin flip.

Comment

• Providence is the "on call" team. If anyone else has a Covid issue in the next 22 hours or so, they will step in. If not, the field is set.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          Providence is the "on call" team. If anyone else has a Covid issue in the next 22 hours or so, they will step in. If not, the field is set.
          I can see it already. UND has to bow out and Leaman wins again!

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

I can see it already. UND has to bow out and Leaman wins again!
            Perhaps. They'd have to move the regional from Fargo to Rhode Island, but they'd have a chance. ; )
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• I am assuming this is COVID related but there are bigger gaps in between the start times of these regional semifinal games than there normally is.

Comment

• Also, does ESPN pick the times? UND playing in the late game Friday night when most coaches want that earlier game.

Comment

• Same for Minnesota on Saturday night

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Turn out the lights on Notre Dame
                    Maybe not quite yet? lol

Comment

• Congratulations to Adam Wodon for showing both his ignorance and hate for the WCHA in the same false statement.

"After all, the WCHA has yet to win an NCAA Tournament game since the big split in 2013."

2016 - Ferris State beat 2nd overall seed St. Cloud State 5-4 in overtime.

Let's see how long it takes him to transfer that hate to the CCHA.

Comment

• Imho, this is a great tournament bracket. After a year of beating the h**l out of each other, be fun to see some non-normal matchups. Have to believe their are some big surprises coming. Just feels like that sort of year.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronRange View Post
                          Imho, this is a great tournament bracket. After a year of beating the h**l out of each other, be fun to see some non-normal matchups. Have to believe their are some big surprises coming. Just feels like that sort of year.
                          There are only 3 possible in conference matchups in Round 2. Each requires at least one 'upset'.

NoDak and UMD have only played each other twice this year, so a 3rd game wouldn't be bad
                          BC and BU have only played twice, so, again, a 3rd time wouldn't be bad
                          and BSU and LSSU have played a few times, but if they play in a regional final, I think that would be great.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                            Congratulations to Adam Wodon for showing both his ignorance and hate for the WCHA in the same false statement.

"After all, the WCHA has yet to win an NCAA Tournament game since the big split in 2013."

2016 - Ferris State beat 2nd overall seed St. Cloud State 5-4 in overtime.

Let's see how long it takes him to transfer that hate to the CCHA.
                            Ferris also won in 2014, the first year after the big split. He must not have spent a lot of time on research or fact-checking.

Comment

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post

Maybe not quite yet? lol
                              They will now go on to win the whole thing

Comment

• Originally posted by Numbers View Post

There are only 3 possible in conference matchups in Round 2. Each requires at least one 'upset'.

NoDak and UMD have only played each other twice this year, so a 3rd game wouldn't be bad
                                BC and BU have only played twice, so, again, a 3rd time wouldn't be bad
                                and BSU and LSSU have played a few times, but if they play in a regional final, I think that would be great.
                                I'm personally rooting for No Dak/Mich (Love the Dogs, they've had their run), Gophs/QU, Wisco/Mass and Cloud/BC. Some fun matchups that rarely happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X