• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albany: BC v NoDame....SCSU v BU

Comment

• Bridgeport: Wisc v Bemidji.....Mass v LSSU
      Loveland: Minn v Omaha....Mankato v Quinnipiac

Comment

• Notre Dame getting in is... something.

Comment

• From the NCAA website, BC was #2, Minn #3 and Wisc #4.
          Not sure the reason that BC is in Albany and not Bridgeport.
          4th seeds were AIC (last seed, flying to Fargo), then Bemidji, Omaha (although this might be travel related), and Notre Dame. I would agree with the rankings of these 4 as well. That's appropriate serpentine. In other words: 13-NoDame, 14-Omaha, 15-Bemidji, 16-AIC. Makes sense.
          2nd seeds: Mass, Mankato, SCSU, UMD. Can't complain much about that. It must have been hard to rank 4(UW), 5(UMass), 6(Mankato), 7(SCSU). Winner of WCHA, and the runners up in the other 3 big conferences. Can't complain about UMD as #8, especially with Michigan 9th.
          3rd seeds: Mich, BU, QU, LSSU. Again, it's hard to find too much to argue about there.

2 flights to Fargo, 3 to Loveland (4 if Omaha), 2 to Albany, 2 to Bridgeport.

A very fair bracket, without travel being much of an issue at all.

Comment

• Only 3 hockey east schools in a year where 8 ECAC schools sit out really really bothers me.

edit: I meant this for the HEA thread, but whatever, point stands
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• I'm sure the Omaha/Denver discussion was interesting. Like the above poster said, Notre Dame over Providence or another HEA team is surprising.

This is an 11-5 bracket. I wonder who got in because StL couldn't make it.

Comment

• Notre Dame?? Seriously....

Comment

• Maybe the committee thinks Notre Dame is still in Hockey East...?

Comment

• I should know this... but does this get reseeded for the FF? Or does ND bracket automatically match up with the Wisconsin bracket, and BC/MN bracket match up for semifinals?
                    Originally posted by reBlur
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                      I should know this... but does this get reseeded for the FF? Or does ND bracket automatically match up with the Wisconsin bracket, and BC/MN bracket match up for semifinals?
                      No reseeding.

UND vs Wisconsin region. BC vs Minnesota region.

Comment

• My guess is Bc is in Albany cause they’re allowing fans. Probably wanted the top two seeds to be able to have fans?
                        #NewMass

Comment

• Outside of Notre Dame getting in, this looks like a fair and fun bracket. Seriously, did the committee think they are still in Hockey East?

They avoided putting first and second place teams from the same conference in the same region. Yeah, I guess not with BC/BU but with UMass winning their tournament, I’d say it was better to not have BC and UMass in the same region.

Lots of games between teams that don’t normally play each other. This should be interesting and fun.

Comment

• The only conclusion I have is LOL at the limit travel narrative

Comment

• Originally posted by Numbers View Post
                              Not sure the reason that BC is in Albany and not Bridgeport.
                              It's basically the same distance to Albany and Bridgeport. I had them in Albany but that was assuming QU would be in Bridgeport. The NCAA has money to burn.

Comment

• ELEVEN Former WCHA Teams made the NCAA Tournament. That's insane.

1. North Dakota
                                3. Minnesota
                                4. Wisconsin
                                6. Minnesota State
                                7. St. Cloud State
                                8. Michigan
                                9. Minnesota Duluth
                                12. LSSU
                                13. Bemidji State
                                14. Nebraska Omaha
                                15. Notre Dame
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X