X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Jayson Moy with UMass as a 3 seed somehow
    Wow. I...don't see that.

That being said, I do believe we are going to have some head-scratchers when the bracket is announced.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Jayson Moy with UMass as a 3 seed somehow
      With QU as a 2 seed...

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisP View Post
        Another turn at the projected bracket - actually is pretty good. Could see this being how it really turns out.

https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/202...l-bracketology
        Disagree. There's 7 eastern teams all in bus range, I do not think they're going to put one of them on a plane unless there is no other option - that includes an inter-conference first round game. In his bracket, he flies one of BU/QU west when he doesn't have to.

I also don't know that they're going to give Wisconsin the 1 over UMass or Mankato, which would solve all of these problems.

Loveland Regional

#1 Minnesota vs. #4 Lake Superior State

#2 St. Cloud State vs. #3 Boston University Omaha

Fargo Regional

#1 North Dakota vs. #4 St. Lawrence

#2 Minnesota State vs. #3 Minnesota Duluth

Bridgeport Regional

#1 Boston College vs. #4 American International

#2 Michigan vs. #3 Quinnipiac BU

Albany Regional

#1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Providence

#2 UMass vs. #3 Omaha QU
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Seeing a few experts leave Bemidji out. Of all years, good enough record, did ok against Mankato and LSSU...put em in.

Comment

• I do not see BU going west. I would also be stunned if there are any intra-conference first round games. There's really no need for that.

Comment

• Just for fun, but if the broken Pairwise were actually used this year:

Loveland:
              1. Minnesota State v. 15. St. Cloud State
              7. LSSU v. 11. Canisius

Fargo:
              2. North Dakota v. 16. St. Lawrence
              8. Wisconsin v. 10. Bemidji State

Bridgeport:
              3. AIC v. 14. Boston University
              6. Massachusetts v. 9. Bowling Green

Albany:
              4. Minnesota v. 13. Quinnipiac
              5. Boston College v. 12. Army
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

I do not see BU going west. I would also be stunned if there are any intra-conference first round games. There's really no need for that.
                You're right, I left out one more edit to flip MI and SCSU.

E SCSU BU
                E UMass QU
                W Mankato UMD
                W MI UNO
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Seeing a few experts leave Bemidji out. Of all years, good enough record, did ok against Mankato and LSSU...put em in.
                  Didn't the committee say that the Pairwise might still be used when comparing teams from the same conference? Based on that, I wouldn't be shocked if Bowling Green was ahead of them when considering bubble teams. It also puts Connecticut ahead of Providence, and Canisius ahead of Army. Army has received some mention for bubble teams; but, Canisius really hasn't.

If I were on the committee, I would not give any conferences a 4th bid this year given the limited non-conference play. So for me, the last 3 at-large spots would be:
                  Canisius
                  Bowling Green/Bemidji
                  Quinnipiac/Army I'm not convinced a 3 team conference deserves 2 bids, unless that top team is clearly better than others under consideration. I'm not sure Quinnipiac is clearly better.

So, I probably wind up going with Bowling Green (based on Pairwise) and Army. That would be the ECAC auto bid, and the top 3 in the Pairwise from the other 5 conferences.
                  I would give AIC a 3 seed, and the #4's would be Bowling Green, Canisius, Army, and St Lawrence.

However, because of who's on the committee, I'll be shocked if Omaha doesn't get that last spot & they'll keep Quinnipiac in. I do think there's a chance they go with Bowling Green vs Bemidji - that will be interesting to see.

Comment

• I need a live feed on all those "power" bubble teams when that 3rd Atlantic Hockey team is revealed!

Comment

• https://twitter.com/Buccigross/statu...008697883?s=19

Umm, make of that what you will. I'm not sure if he means there is a current issue or maybe he is saying they will name a few replacement teams like hoops did?

Comment

https://twitter.com/Buccigross/statu...008697883?s=19

Umm, make of that what you will. I'm not sure if he means there is a current issue or maybe he is saying they will name a few replacement teams like hoops did?
                        Apparently an issue with St. Lawrence.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Buccigros...28792808730626

Comment

• Better have a replacement for QU ready to go then as well!

Comment

• What was hoops doing, you needed 7 negative tests in order for a player to play and 5 players available to play the game?

Comment

• Well this is awful news. I hope the players get healthy soon.
                              LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
                                Well this is awful news. I hope the players get healthy soon.
                                They might be totally healthy but I digress...

Comment

Working...
                                X