No announcement yet.

NCAA Tourney Team Selection Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geez, I was going to post my excitement but I'll show myself out....
    LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

• Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
      That should be the end of QU’s season. Ridiculous if 2 ECAC teams in a 3 team postseason tournament get in, in what had been a 4 team conference this year. /rolleyes
      This is not a hot take. It's a legit question to ask. The ECAC should have given their autobid to RS champ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
        Geez, I was going to post my excitement but I'll show myself out....
        And you should! SLU earned their spot in the tournament! I just don’t think QU should make the tournament. However, I have a feeling they will.

Comment

• I am openly cheering for Canisius, UML and NMU tonight. Let’s just make it crazy.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• No way QU should get in. This year of all years - ECAC should be a one bid league

Comment

• I'm trying to remember, but was there this kind of outrage in 2010 when the CHA got 2 teams in from a 4-team league?
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                I'm trying to remember, but was there this kind of outrage in 2010 when the CHA got 2 teams in from a 4-team league?
                I definitely would have been outraged by that!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                  I'm trying to remember, but was there this kind of outrage in 2010 when the CHA got 2 teams in from a 4-team league?
                  No.

Pairwise.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                    And you should! SLU earned their spot in the tournament! I just don’t think QU should make the tournament. However, I have a feeling they will.
                    Thank you! We're going dancing! Yeah baby!!!!
                    LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

No.

Pairwise.
                      Some people get outraged by simple math.
                      Originally posted by reBlur
                      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Ha, ya, I didn't factor in the non conference component to that year.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                          I am openly cheering for Canisius, UML and NMU tonight. Let’s just make it crazy.
                          Absolutely.
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post

Some people get outraged by simple math.
                            That reminds me. Is Scooby still around here somewhere?

2010 - Bemidji was something like 11th in the PWR, and Huntsville won the CHA tourney. Some of their results:
                            Split with Minnesota
                            Sweep of UMD
                            Win over Miami, T against OSU
                            W, and T at No Mich
                            W and T at W Mich
                            Split at Omaha

That's a pretty good team. To compare QU's results this year to that is nonsense. They earned their At Large through the PWR.

QU this year? I haven't watched them. Don't know. But this result is far from impressive.
                            Last edited by Numbers; 03-20-2021, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              Ha, ya, I didn't factor in the non conference component to that year.
                              FWIW, QU played 9 non-conference games this season (not counting the ECAC "Tournament"), and went 7-2-0.
                              North Dakota
                              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Got swept by what most people would say was their most difficult NC opponent. They do have a couple wins against AIC. Almost a wash there i guess. The rest of those wins were against hot garbage.

I'm more against the ECAC having a 3 team tournament for an autobid than i am Quinnipiac itself.

Comment

Working...
                                X