NCAA Tourney Team Selection Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
    Seems like someone is favoring Minnesota...

https://www.startribune.com/three-mo...bed/572737731/

If you’re looking to watch NCAA hockey champions crowned, Minnesota will be the place to be from 2023 through 2025, with three Frozen Fours — two for the women and one for the men — coming to the State of Hockey.

If you were looking for a quick return to the NCAA Wrestling Championships after the 2020 event slated for U.S. Bank Stadium was canceled because of the coronavirus pandemic, your wait continues.

The NCAA on Wednesday announced sites of more than 450 preliminary rounds and championship events from 2022 to 2026, and Minnesota received four championships, including three in hockey. They are:

• The 2024 Men’s Frozen Four at Xcel Energy Center.

• The 2023 Women’s Frozen Four at Duluth’s Amsoil Arena.

• The 2025 Women’s Frozen Four at Ridder Arena.

• The 2023 Men’s Swimming and Diving Championships at the Jean K. Freeman Aquatic Center.
    This is because the State of Minnesota, and more specifically the University of Minnesota, has some of the best facilities and constantly bids for as many of these types of events as they can get. So IF they are not bidding for Frozen Fours or Regionals in MEN's hockey, it is only because of how the NCAA has changed the rules to make it less favorable for them to do so. And they won't bid for a Frozen Four the year after they are awarded one, I mean, they aren't either of things you'd have to be to do so, that being greedy or stupid. The NCAA isn't going to give them a Frozen Four every year, or so you'd think, right? yet they gave Penn a tourney 3 years in a row, gave Mass 2 tourneys in the same year, etc.. But the proof is in the pudding. One Frozen Four and/or Regional, for the entire state, over an 8 year period of time, is evidence of bias when 4 eastern states all get 3-5 tournaments each during that same period of time.

Comment

• Anyone watching the AIC game? How do they look?

Comment

• Originally posted by Numbers View Post

And, when it was said on the prior page that Vegas is hosting in 2026, you dismissed that because it's not close enough to Western schools. Are you trying to have cake and eat it, too?
        ***??? Of course I dismissed Vegas as being a western site, hence why I included it in THIS LIST of neutral sites, lol. DUH!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

“It’s a loss that sticks with me still today,” said Mayasich on the loss to R.P.I. “To lose in overtime was bitter. It’s not the ones you won that you remember, it’s the ones you lost. To me, that was probably my biggest individual disappointment in all my years of hockey.” https://www.sportsfeelgoodstories.co...ockey-dynasty/

Yep, he lost to an eastern school.
          Happens on VERY rare occasions. Just three times from 1948 to 1970, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Numbers View Post
            Anyone watching the AIC game? How do they look?
            Nope but I am convincing myself that if they lose they are still getting in because the layoff since January could be used as an extenuating circumstance.

Comment

• Niagara and NMU with leads...

Comment

• Mankato will come back. AIC well who knows

Comment

• Mankato only has 2 shots, with 3:40 left in the first. Got to believe that's just a bad period.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                    Mankato will come back. AIC well who knows
                    Ya never know, maybe Mankato starts their NCAA tournament form early.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Ya never know, maybe Mankato starts their NCAA tournament form early.
                      Ouch!
                      You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

• Ahem...

Comment

• Go NMU!!!

Comment

• Maybe the question becomes is Mankato a 1 seed or do they fall to a 2 seed...

Comment

• AIC gets it done

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                                Mankato will come back. AIC well who knows
                                Or not

Comment

Working...
                                X