No announcement yet.

NCAA Tourney Team Selection Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota with 4 in the second. Up 5-1 after 2. That's going to be 2 #2s. NoDak and Minnesota.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

Yeah, there are so many problems with picking the field in a year like this.
      That's why for me, due to the lack of non-conference games, I think each conference should have at least 2 teams (ECAC being the lone exception due to so few teams). Can someone post a list of who is actually on the committee and then also the coaches making up the advisory committee? Unfortunately, I think who exactly those people are, and what schools/conferences they represent will be the overriding factor in the last teams selected.

Comment

• As long as there isn't much actually happening tonight....let's try this:

#1s: NoDak, Minnesota, BC (esp if they win the HEA tourney), Mankato (if they don't lose the semi final).

Everyone agree?

Comment

• I know the committees are different but on the women's side, Penn State was left out. A little different in that it's only an 8 team field. I just don't think Atlantic Hockey should automatically get two teams in. And when I even compare in conference, I am not even sure Army is better than Canisius. Canisius looks to have better wins. So if they beat Army, are they in the conversation?

Comment

• Originally posted by Numbers View Post
            As long as there isn't much actually happening tonight....let's try this:

#1s: NoDak, Minnesota, BC (esp if they win the HEA tourney), Mankato (if they don't lose the semi final).

Everyone agree?
            Yes. I think North Dakota, Minnesota, and Boston College are locked into #1 seeds. I think Mankato is about 90% there. If they win the WCHA Tournament, they are a lock for a #1 seed. If they are the runner-up, they are probably about 95% there. If they lose in the Semifinals, the door starts to open up for an argument for SCSU if they win tonight. I still think Mankato will get the #1 seed, but there would at least be discussion.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Then....#2s.
              Wisconsin, St Cloud.....who else? someone from HEA, probably. Where does Quinn fit if they win the ECAC? How high a seed can the WCHA 2nd team get? These start the hard questions.

Comment

As long as there isn't much actually happening tonight....let's try this:

Everyone agree?
                Agreed. To take it further, if St. Cloud wins tonight I would have them as #5 overall followed by Wisconsin. I think UND would be my #1 overall seed regardless but if they do lose I guess that would open the door for BC if they win Hockey East. Committee would probably slot in QU and UMass as the other 2 seeds (as of right now).

Comment

• However you sort it out, that's probably the top 8 for the committee. With BU, UMD, Michigan and WCHA semifinal winner as 3 seeds. WCHA semifinal loser as a 4 seed in my book.

Comment

• I really don't think #1 overall will mean that much this year. It is highly likely that the #16 seed will be from out east (likely Atlantic Hockey auto bid, but possibly ECAC auto bid), and will be kept out east. Further, North Dakota is locked into the Fargo regional, and BC is going to stay in an eastern regional, so it's not likely they will need any protection from a travel standpoint. Minnesota and Mankato are flying regardless.

I suppose the one scenario where it could matter is if Minnesota or Mankato get the #1 overall seed, and get sent to an eastern regional to take on the #16 seed, instead of that team playing BC.
                    North Dakota

Comment

• Ya I was just trying to think it out to see what they can do to produce what we think is a fair bracket. Opinions vary on that for sure though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                        I really don't think #1 overall will mean that much this year. It is highly likely that the #16 seed will be from out east (likely Atlantic Hockey auto bid, but possibly ECAC auto bid), and will be kept out east. Further, North Dakota is locked into the Fargo regional, and BC is going to stay in an eastern regional, so it's not likely they will need any protection from a travel standpoint. Minnesota and Mankato are flying regardless.

I suppose the one scenario where it could matter is if Minnesota or Mankato get the #1 overall seed, and get sent to an eastern regional to take on the #16 seed, instead of that team playing BC.
                        I'm not so worried about that right now. I'm trying to get the field from the angle of: who #1s? #2s, etc....and working down.

It's interesting that JD has Quinn as a #2.

Comment

• Minny doing a horrible job of closing out. Now 5-4 with 2 in left.

Comment

• Ha I am not saying I think they should be. But I think that's what the committee will do.

Comment

I'm not so worried about that right now. I'm trying to get the field from the angle of: who #1s? #2s, etc....and working down.

It's interesting that JD has Quinn as a #2.
                              I think the committee would probably put Quinnipiac as a low #2 seed if they win the ECAC Tournament. If they don't, then they are probably a low #3 seed, maybe even the top #4 seed.
                              North Dakota

Comment

• I'm not sure Quinnipiac is actually that good, but for the sake of the bracket, it is probably very likely that Quinn is a #2 in the east. Otherwise, you have to do more flights. As it is, we have someone from the west flying to Albany. If there are 2 #2s in the East somewhere, then it will help the committee with that aspect.

Comment

Working...
                                X