No announcement yet.

NCAA Tourney Team Selection Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's just because they are taxed from the grueling Big Ten season!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      Is there something wrong with my television? What's up with the Gophers' uniforms? They look hideous.
      I know that commentators on some of their tv broadcasts, in various podcasts and some fans have expressed real love for those uni's this year. Personally, I was not a huge fan, but that said, no one will ever accuse me of being a fashionista. To each his own is my view.

However, I thought it was funny during the Omaha game when Holden or someone referred to them as "orange."
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I know that commentators on some of their tv broadcasts, in various podcasts and some fans have expressed real love for those uni's this year. Personally, I was not a huge fan, but that said, no one will ever accuse me of being a fashionista. To each his own is my view.

However, I thought it was funny during the Omaha game when Holden or someone referred to them as "orange."
        Those uniforms were sweet and haters gonna hate. Also weird seeing FS23 talk trash - must be living vicariously through the success of others. =^P

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Those uniforms were sweet and haters gonna hate. Also weird seeing FS23 talk trash - must be living vicariously through the success of others. =^P
          Yeah, it wasn't like I hated those jerseys. I just think Minnesota has had better looking uni's.

It's been a little tough as a UND fan for the last couple of days so I'm just glad to see FS23 still around. The sun always comes up.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• I have to say this has been a fun tournament so far. Thought the selection committee did a great job of laying out the field. We got to see a bunch of matchups we don't usually see, which is awesome in my opinion. I'm definitely onboard getting back to using Pairwise to select but it was really great not having the "improve attendance" moves that usually make little to no impact on attendance.

I think another poster on here made a great argument regarding using Pairwise to the "letter of the law" to set the matchups being the wrong idea, especially when your seeding can easily be swayed by the result of a November game of one of your conference mates.

Hopefully they'll keep that in mind next year and give us a good mix that's also fair, but fresh matchups vs. jamming every team from a conference into the same regional.

And yeah, the actual results this year might have me a little happier than usual at this time of year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Leave him alone. I'm anticipating his program rankings later this year, and finally a significant rise for Kato!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Worked in ICU's for > 30 years, and I certainly wouldn't jump to that conclusion.

Essential tremor happens with age; it'll likely happen to you, too, if you live long enough.

Parkinson's generally manifests more so re: cognitive issues (initially), and Barry doesn't seem to be any dumber than usual. I find him charming, in a Canadian sort of way.

;-)
                I'm not a Melrose fan but I would not wish Parkinson's on anybody. Seen it up close and personal and it's a tough row to hoe.
                License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

• No East #2 seed has won the tournament in the 16 team field era. UMass would become the first if they come out on top tonight.

The only Northeast #2 to bring home the title in the 16 team field era was Boston College in 2008. St. Cloud would be the second.

Comment

Working...
                  X