X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LordofBrewtown
    replied
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Seeing a few experts leave Bemidji out. Of all years, good enough record, did ok against Mankato and LSSU...put em in.
    Didn't the committee say that the Pairwise might still be used when comparing teams from the same conference? Based on that, I wouldn't be shocked if Bowling Green was ahead of them when considering bubble teams. It also puts Connecticut ahead of Providence, and Canisius ahead of Army. Army has received some mention for bubble teams; but, Canisius really hasn't.

If I were on the committee, I would not give any conferences a 4th bid this year given the limited non-conference play. So for me, the last 3 at-large spots would be:
    Canisius
    Bowling Green/Bemidji
    Quinnipiac/Army I'm not convinced a 3 team conference deserves 2 bids, unless that top team is clearly better than others under consideration. I'm not sure Quinnipiac is clearly better.

So, I probably wind up going with Bowling Green (based on Pairwise) and Army. That would be the ECAC auto bid, and the top 3 in the Pairwise from the other 5 conferences.
    I would give AIC a 3 seed, and the #4's would be Bowling Green, Canisius, Army, and St Lawrence.

However, because of who's on the committee, I'll be shocked if Omaha doesn't get that last spot & they'll keep Quinnipiac in. I do think there's a chance they go with Bowling Green vs Bemidji - that will be interesting to see.

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied
    I do not see BU going west. I would also be stunned if there are any intra-conference first round games. There's really no need for that.
    You're right, I left out one more edit to flip MI and SCSU.

E SCSU BU
    E UMass QU
    W Mankato UMD
    W MI UNO

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied
    Just for fun, but if the broken Pairwise were actually used this year:

Loveland:
    1. Minnesota State v. 15. St. Cloud State
    7. LSSU v. 11. Canisius

Fargo:
    2. North Dakota v. 16. St. Lawrence
    8. Wisconsin v. 10. Bemidji State

Bridgeport:
    3. AIC v. 14. Boston University
    6. Massachusetts v. 9. Bowling Green

Albany:
    4. Minnesota v. 13. Quinnipiac
    5. Boston College v. 12. Army

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    I do not see BU going west. I would also be stunned if there are any intra-conference first round games. There's really no need for that.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Seeing a few experts leave Bemidji out. Of all years, good enough record, did ok against Mankato and LSSU...put em in.

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied
    Originally posted by chrisP View Post
    Another turn at the projected bracket - actually is pretty good. Could see this being how it really turns out.

https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/202...l-bracketology
    Disagree. There's 7 eastern teams all in bus range, I do not think they're going to put one of them on a plane unless there is no other option - that includes an inter-conference first round game. In his bracket, he flies one of BU/QU west when he doesn't have to.

I also don't know that they're going to give Wisconsin the 1 over UMass or Mankato, which would solve all of these problems.

Loveland Regional

#1 Minnesota vs. #4 Lake Superior State

#2 St. Cloud State vs. #3 Boston University Omaha

Fargo Regional

#1 North Dakota vs. #4 St. Lawrence

#2 Minnesota State vs. #3 Minnesota Duluth

Bridgeport Regional

#1 Boston College vs. #4 American International

#2 Michigan vs. #3 Quinnipiac BU

Albany Regional

#1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Providence

#2 UMass vs. #3 Omaha QU

Leave a comment:

• meff
    replied
    Jayson Moy with UMass as a 3 seed somehow
    With QU as a 2 seed...

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied
    Wow. I...don't see that.

That being said, I do believe we are going to have some head-scratchers when the bracket is announced.

Leave a comment:

• chrisP
    replied
    Another turn at the projected bracket - actually is pretty good. Could see this being how it really turns out.

https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/202...l-bracketology

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied
    But you could have western refs for that game too. WCHA as an example.
    It raises an interesting question: Will the NCAA mandate limited travel for the officials?

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    I think it hurts close checking teams like for instance Lowell vs up and down teams like Michigan. However watching the AIC game yesterday some of what went on uncalled was shocking!
    now another question: shouldn't the pairwise be tweaked for next year.? it's just the RPI right now. I'd like it to be more like Kratch IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    But you could have western refs for that game too. WCHA as an example.

Leave a comment:

• Bonin21
    replied
    Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    One overlooked issue is the way different leagues ref differently. I could see, based on the way AH refs called games this year, that some eastern teams will be either happy or upset about how calls were made/ not made in their regional. Same for western teams. There is a major difference in the physicality of the various leagues and we could easily see, for instance, UND having a parade into the box vs St. Lawrence and the score might reflect that at the end.
    Like 4-1 UND instead of 6-0?

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    One overlooked issue is the way different leagues ref differently. I could see, based on the way AH refs called games this year, that some eastern teams will be either happy or upset about how calls were made/ not made in their regional. Same for western teams. There is a major difference in the physicality of the various leagues and we could easily see, for instance, UND having a parade into the box vs St. Lawrence and the score might reflect that at the end.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X