Michigan Hockey 2020-2021 Yost town feels like a ghost town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

At least I have some connection to Michigan. Dad & my wife were born & raised there and Grandma was a proud grad of the Class of 1918!
    Class of 2004 tough guy....

I even somewhat casually know wT. Which Community College did you go to again?

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostOfYost View Post

The one your football team can't beat.
      I also causally know WT, have a lot of respect for her. But don't take the teasing personal, it's just a little friendly ribbing between rivals.
      Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 03-26-2021, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

You're going to have to be wayyyyyy more specific. ; )
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Does anyone have more details about why the team was removed (besides the initial article)?
          Still anticipating the all-CCHA Frozen Four

Comment

• Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine View Post
            Does anyone have more details about why the team was removed (besides the initial article)?
            Given the info is about people getting sick, I would not bet on getting any extra info. Just that someone in the Tier 1 group was tested positive, and that meant that the team was separated.

Seeing the trend in the state, my hunch is that there was a parent that was part of the Tier 1 group, and they got it from their kid via school. That would be the path where the measures would have been the lightest- seeing your kid after school would not include any social distancing stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostOfYost View Post

So now I'm left wondering who belongs to the screen name.

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

I also causally know WT, have a lot of respect for her. But don't take the teasing personal, it's just a little friendly ribbing between rivals.
              I have respect for you as well. Maybe next season we can meet up again and you can meet my little parasite (she turns 2 in May!)

Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine View Post
              Does anyone have more details about why the team was removed (besides the initial article)?
              A rare WTW sighting. Hope you're doing well. No details, but my guess is along with MichVandal's.

Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Given the info is about people getting sick, I would not bet on getting any extra info. Just that someone in the Tier 1 group was tested positive, and that meant that the team was separated.

Seeing the trend in the state, my hunch is that there was a parent that was part of the Tier 1 group, and they got it from their kid via school. That would be the path where the measures would have been the lightest- seeing your kid after school would not include any social distancing stuff.
              I wonder if any of the coaching staff have school age kids that brought it home, that's my thought. Our state's Covid number increase seems to have coincided with an increase in in-person schooling.

Tough way to end the season. How awful does the person that tested positive (besides any possible Covid symptoms) feel? What's worse, losing in OT, or being pulled from competition hours before puck drop?

Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                What's worse, losing in OT, or being pulled from competition hours before puck drop?
                Being pulled from competition hours before puck drop.

At least if you lost in overtime, you had your chance and just didn't have enough to get the win. Not being able to play means you'll never know.

Also, my comment yesterday about your football team was certainly meant as a joke. I wasn't trying to pile on after what happened yesterday, so I apologize. Felt terrible for you guys yesterday. Hopefully the sports gods make up for it by backing Michigan to the basketball title. : )
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Tough way to end the season. How awful does the person that tested positive (besides any possible Covid symptoms) feel? What's worse, losing in OT, or being pulled from competition hours before puck drop?
                  I would argue that losing a semi-final by a goal with almost not time left in a kind of a fluky way is worse than OT.

But this has to be worse than that- being ready to go, playing well, and not even getting a chance.

Next real hurdle we have is the draft, and who decides to go. Opportunity is there thanks to the Canadian feeder system.

Comment

• Just spoke with a guy involved with Dekers who informed me that it was indeed 2 players who tested positive. No names were given and I don't expect them to be given freely. In this day & age though it will come out I'm sure. From what I was told someone tested positive before the team even left for NoDak. That individual as left back in A2. Precautions were taken, everyone got their own room, etc. but a second player tested positive hours before puck drop.

That's the info. that I have as of right now.

Comment

So now I'm left wondering who belongs to the screen name.
                      You probably don't actually know me personally. I'm not sure if we've ever spoken. Relax, it's not like I'm stalking or anything.

Comment

• OK, now I'm thinking "Maybe it wasn't so bad we had to withdraw?" NoDak and UMD are heading into the 5th OT. There's of course no guarantee that we'd even be in this game, let alone be in a 2-2 tie going into the 5th OT but despite the lack of scoring this has been a very entertaining game.

Comment

• I wonder if UMD had played a game on Friday (and the results were not what Michigan fans wanted) would they have been able to last that many OTs vs. NoDak?
                          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                          7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• So in the time the board was down, Cam York signed a entry level contract with Phily. Given his season, this really was to be expected- his stock was good going into the season, and just jumped after the World Jrs. We will miss you, Cam, but also root for you (but not for the Flyers).

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                              So in the time the board was down, Cam York signed a entry level contract with Phily. Given his season, this really was to be expected- his stock was good going into the season, and just jumped after the World Jrs. We will miss you, Cam, but also root for you (but not for the Flyers).
                              York going Pro was actually more expected that Montoya going Pro. You can't even call it "the worst kept secret in Ann Arbor". It doesn't even qualify as a secret, it was just known.

Comment

• Wow! Did not see that coming. Strauss Mann is looking to start his pro career. He was not on my list of possible early departures. Captain on a team with a real shot a the National Championship and an outstanding student. Undrafted. Hope his departure doesn't encourage others to leave.
                                The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

Working...
                                X