Michigan Hockey 2020-2021 Yost town feels like a ghost town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday night's game was fun to watch.
    Saturday afternoon I thought we had it with goal number 2 and just a few minutes left in the game.

Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
    7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Past several seasons I've felt good about Ohio State's chances at Yost, this season I'm more apprehensive as so far OSU has been a 50% team at best this season.
      Regardless I'm bummed can't be there in person to watch it as Yost certainly has one of the best atmospheres for college hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        Past several seasons I've felt good about Ohio State's chances at Yost, this season I'm more apprehensive as so far OSU has been a 50% team at best this season.
        Regardless I'm bummed can't be there in person to watch it as Yost certainly has one of the best atmospheres for college hockey.
        Sad I won't get to say "hi" in person, or have you meet the parasite.

I don't know what to think of any games this season, but I do like our chances this year against OSU as opposed to recent years.

Arenas visited:
        7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

Sad I won't get to say "hi" in person, or have you meet the parasite.

I don't know what to think of any games this season, but I do like our chances this year against OSU as opposed to recent years.
          Yeah, it's bummer on many fronts. Typically the wife & I would be there for the series along with my cousin and his wife who live in Northville and they try to keep me in my place but he's looking for some bragging rights and is bummed if you guys get the win he can't rub it in in person.
          I just hope you don't hammer us like you did to Sparty last Friday! I'll be looking forward to when I do get to meet the parasite, the way things are I just hope it will be before she starts kindergarten!

Comment

For most of that game, I thought we were going to get shut out- even with us getting amazing chances, Nappier was able to stop them. Thankfully, Moyle took some out of his confidence, and loosed up the grip on our sticks.

BTW, did anyone watch the game? The radio guys were pretty convinced that OSU's goal came after an offsides- they were pretty shocked it was not called back. Just wondering if that was biased or real.

I sure hope the pandemic draws back enough by March- I really want to see some of these freshmen live, as I don't expect to see them next season.

Comment

I streamed it and I've got to say I've NEVER seen such a blatantly bad call ever go Ohio State's way at Yost before. Our guy was clearly a foot and a half across the blue line with both skates on the entry ahead of the puck and Michigan lost the challenge on the goal? Unbelievable! You guys got the win regardless by pushing harder and faster to the net than we were. Congrats on the win, I hope we even it up though.

Comment

OFFICIALS: Referee: Jonathon Sitarski; Referee: Brett Sheva; Linesman: Pat Richardson; Linesman: Nicholas Bet
                Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
                Row 1
                Seats 6 & 7
                Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

A nice sweep tonight. Looked impressive. Shutout for Mann. It was nice seeing Portillo get a chance in goal, and a win, Friday night.

Arenas visited:

Comment

A nice sweep tonight. Looked impressive. Shutout for Mann. It was nice seeing Portillo get a chance in goal, and a win, Friday night.
                    Very nice. I wonder if Mel's going to swap the two.

I just want to see this team in person so bad.

Comment

Congrats on the sweep, you guys looked pretty good last weekend. I of course had to take my lumps for it from my relatives living in Michigan but that's OK, I give it back to them double every November!
                      Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 01-18-2021, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Another solid win. Which is a nice turn around from earlier in the season when Notre Dame swept us at home.

Comment

Let's hope we can follow it up with another win tonight! I don't want a repeat of the Sparty series where I wished we could rollover goals from the first night.

Definitely a huge difference from the series at Yost vs. Notre Dame. Good to see Portillo get another win. Are we going to see the goalies splitting series from here on out?

Also, I had typed "splitting weekends" but remembered the next few games are not weekends and that scheduling is dumb.

Arenas visited:

Comment

Let's hope we can follow it up with another win tonight! I don't want a repeat of the Sparty series where I wished we could rollover goals from the first night.

Definitely a huge difference from the series at Yost vs. Notre Dame. Good to see Portillo get another win. Are we going to see the goalies splitting series from here on out?

Also, I had typed "splitting weekends" but remembered the next few games are not weekends and that scheduling is dumb.
                            I was wondering about the goalie situation, too. DW hates the idea of swapping goalies- let one get hot and ride them. But I'm wondering if the compressed schedule has put a burden on the only players that never gets to sit down that they can't deal with, yet. Seeing how Mann played last weekend, it's possible that this has lifted a burden to the point that his focus has gotten back on track... we will see tonight.

But I fully expect them to swap from here out.

Comment

Much more tense game- most of it being 1-1. Mann looked like he was fighting with the puck sometimes- but the one goal was a nice tip in.

But getting another sweep was pretty handy. Especially with Wisconsin losing- puts us in 2nd.

Comment

Road sweeps are always special, especially one in South Bend. Team is on a roll. Getting Van Whye and Summers back will help the depth. Anyone know anything about Dakota?
                                By the way, was the color commentator tonight getting paid by the word?
                                The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

Working...
                                X