This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New WCHA is dead

The CHN podcast seem confident enough in saying that they’ve heard enough unconfirmed talk about Miami to just flat out say it in their last podcast, so there’s that.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      The CHN podcast seem confident enough in saying that they’ve heard enough unconfirmed talk about Miami to just flat out say it in their last podcast, so there’s that.
      I can't wait for the next round of realignment, where Miami and WMU leave the NCHC, Mankato and St Thomas go to the NCHC, BGSU implodes the new CCHA and invites their MAC conferencemates, FSU and some AHA teams into a new conference.

Leaving Bemidji and the three UP schools to rejoin with UAA, UA_, UAH and ASU into the Great Western Conference 2.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
        With St Thomas in Minnesota possibly going D1 in all other sports, I believe they would have to go D1 in hockey as well. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that's the rule.

If that is the case, it'd be pretty logical for them to join the CCHA? Also would give the league 8 teams to balance out the schedule. Has anyone heard any rumors about their hockey program? The article below said they'd look at the WCHA but obviously that league will either no longer exist or morph significantly, they'd end up in the CCHA.

https://theathletic.com/1620293/2020...ii-ncaa-rules/
        Chip Scoggins of the Star Tribune told me on Twitter that UST will go D1 in hockey.
        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
          Chip Scoggins of the Star Tribune told me on Twitter that UST will go D1 in hockey.
          I mean, should their Summit League invitation be successful, isn’t that a foregone conclusion?

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            I mean, should their Summit League invitation be successful, isn’t that a foregone conclusion?
            The Summit already invited them to their conference. There will be a financial meeting with the NCAA to discuss the move up. Having the Summit in their back pocket makes it easier for the NCAA to say yes to the Tommies and the Summit. Also, the Summit conference will help the Tommies with this move up.

Comment

After reading Chip Scoggins St. Thomas D1 update. I first asked if UST will be dropping men's hockey. My second question was where will they play games. Here is his tweet.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                The Summit already invited them to their conference. There will be a financial meeting with the NCAA to discuss the move up. Having the Summit in their back pocket makes it easier for the NCAA to say yes to the Tommies and the Summit. Also, the Summit conference will help the Tommies with this move up.
                My point being: wasn’t D-I hockey a foregone conclusion once they got the invite? What’s the other option for the Tommies, dropping the program?

Comment

UST will go D1 and be a legit fan-agreed rivalry with the Gophers before UM, MSU, PSU, and OSU lol.

Comment

My point being: wasn’t D-I hockey a foregone conclusion once they got the invite? What’s the other option for the Tommies, dropping the program?
                    St. Thomas would make four Summit League schools sponsoring D-I hockey. That could create some interesting calculus.

Comment

Someone get NDSU, USD, and SDSU on the phone.

That’d be an interesting way to screw over the Northern Sun schools and CC.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                        UST will go D1 and be a legit fan-agreed rivalry with the Gophers before UM, MSU, PSU, and OSU lol.
                        There there.

Comment

Someone get NDSU, USD, and SDSU on the phone.

That’d be an interesting way to screw over the Northern Sun schools and CC.
                          Well, would there be any kind of obligation to get them an NCHC invite? Probably not, especially when St. Thomas is essentially a startup, but if they get rolling, get a good facility...

Comment

The biggest problem for the Selective Seven is that they're not good enough to destroy UAH and UAA. Want to not hurt your PWR? Finish the job.

It hasn't been a problem for Minnesota State to drill UAH game after game. It wasn't for Tech until they began to lose their edge.

Bowling Green gave a truly terrible UAH team their first WCHA win. Bemidji State gave them their second.

There's a reason that the WCHA isn't that great — its best teams aren't good enough to withstand losing to one of the truly terrible teams in this league.

UAH has sucked for 15 years, outside of last season. The run of 20 losses is unending; they'll hit 30 this year unless they do another sniper job. And yet UAH picks off a second-tier WCHA team or two every season.

Do the incoming CCHA teams think that beating the crap out of each other is going to fly? That having LSSU and FSU to kick around is going to be enough? These people have never had a mathematics book with them in the same room for the last decade, much less had one hit them upside of the head or attempt a rectal incursion, both of which are sorely needed.

[Note: if you accept UAH as the eighth team, I'll delete this post.]

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                              Well, would there be any kind of obligation to get them an NCHC invite? Probably not, especially when St. Thomas is essentially a startup, but if they get rolling, get a good facility...
                              I was just thinking the same thing. The NCHC already has SCSU and UMD, and St. Thomas would give whatever league picks them up a presence in the Twin Cities. Even though they are not a D-III hockey power year in and year out, I think the move to D-I with the resources and alumni base the Tommies have, they could quickly become a player on the D-I scene. The NCHC may want that extra exposure in the Twin Cities.
                              Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                              FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                              NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                              NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                              NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                              NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                              Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

• Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                                I was just thinking the same thing. The NCHC already has SCSU and UMD, and St. Thomas would give whatever league picks them up a presence in the Twin Cities. Even though they are not a D-III hockey power year in and year out, I think the move to D-I with the resources and alumni base the Tommies have, they could quickly become a player on the D-I scene. The NCHC may want that extra exposure in the Twin Cities.
                                Another trip to MN is exactly what Miami needs.

Comment

Working...
                                X