This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
    FSU has had a tough go on ice the last couple years but when the nWCHA formed they were one of the stronger teams in the group. It's a lot easier to overlook subpar facilities when the on-ice product raises the tide of the league overall.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    It’s far more difficult to get the competitive on ice product playing in a high school arena.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
      The new ccha will be like bums with cardboard signs on the side of road begging for non conferance home games. Only then the ccha brain trust finds out only Tom Bodett is volunteering to go up

those icy dead end roads in a chained up buss.
      Yes, I’m sure Minnesota State, whose non conference schedule has consisted of the following teams the last two seasons, all of whom have played in Mankato over that time, will struggle to get games:

Minnesota
      Minnesota Duluth
      North Dakota
      St. Cloud State
      Boston University
      Arizona State
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Re: New WCHA is dead

Yeah I don’t get that begging to get nonconference games thing. In the last few years, Lake State has hosted teams that could have easily said no to traveling to the Soo like Denver, Michigan, Michigan State, and Arizona State. Notre Dame is also expected to come up, too.

Comment

NMU has hosted Michigan State, SCSU & Cornell the last two seasons & BSU has hosted SCSU, NoDak & Merrimack. I'm not seeing the issue either
          Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
          B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
          CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
          ECAC:
          HEA: UMass
          NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
          Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

The issue is sadly denial from certain fanbases that have a right to be bummed

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarisland View Post
              We northern boys also love having breakfast at Waffle House.
              You realize that you can get WH in Ohio, right? I mean, the conference will still have a WH in Bowling Green [emoji848][emoji2369]

AHA:
              ECAC:

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                The new ccha will be like bums with cardboard signs on the side of road begging for non conferance home games. Only then the ccha brain trust finds out only Tom Bodett is volunteering to go up

those icy dead end roads in a chained up buss.
                Michigan AD: Hey coach, Bowling Green sent a request to schedule a series for 2022-2023 and the following year with each team hosting the other.
                Michigan Coach: That sounds intriguing, but don't they play in the CCHA?
                Michigan AD: Oh yeah. [/deletes e-mail]

Comment

With St Thomas in Minnesota possibly going D1 in all other sports, I believe they would have to go D1 in hockey as well. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that's the rule.

If that is the case, it'd be pretty logical for them to join the CCHA? Also would give the league 8 teams to balance out the schedule. Has anyone heard any rumors about their hockey program? The article below said they'd look at the WCHA but obviously that league will either no longer exist or morph significantly, they'd end up in the CCHA.

Even with the Summit invitation, St. Thomas still needs another home for football and hockey, which are not sponsored by the Summit League. While hockey has looked at the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, football has requested membership in the FCS Pioneer Football League, commissioner Patty Viverito said.
                  https://theathletic.com/1620293/2020...ii-ncaa-rules/

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                    You realize that you can get WH in Ohio, right? I mean, the conference will still have a WH in Bowling Green [emoji848][emoji2369]
                    I know. I've been to BG many times and we stayed in the Hampton right behind WH. Also loved the little diner downtown...…………..not sure if it is still open.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarisland View Post
                      I know. I've been to BG many times and we stayed in the Hampton right behind WH. Also loved the little diner downtown...…………..not sure if it is still open.
                      As an aside, my in-laws lived on Sugar Island (near the end of E Village Rd) before retiring to Arizona. I miss visiting out there.

AHA:
                      ECAC:

Comment

Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
                        With St Thomas in Minnesota possibly going D1 in all other sports, I believe they would have to go D1 in hockey as well. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that's the rule.

If that is the case, it'd be pretty logical for them to join the CCHA? Also would give the league 8 teams to balance out the schedule. Has anyone heard any rumors about their hockey program? The article below said they'd look at the WCHA but obviously that league will either no longer exist or morph significantly, they'd end up in the CCHA.

https://theathletic.com/1620293/2020...ii-ncaa-rules/
                        Unless there is some massive, catastrophic, yet to be seen flaw with St. Thomas, they will have an open invitation to come to the CCHA. The only wrench in those works would be the rumored (but at this time unlikely) swap of Mankato and Bemidji for Western and Miami.
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                          Unless there is some massive, catastrophic, yet to be seen flaw with St. Thomas, they will have an open invitation to come to the CCHA. The only wrench in those works would be the rumored (but at this time unlikely) swap of Mankato and Bemidji for Western and Miami.
                          Rumors:
                          Miami wants to move, WMU doesn’t.

Assumptions:
                          CCHA would take the MAC schools.
                          BSU would probably like to switch.

Facts:
                          MnState has tried to move and has been rejected by NCHC.
                          No other interest or lack thereof has been made public.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            Rumors:

Assumptions:

Facts:
                            I'd like to see the Western/Miami for Mankato/Bemidji swap.

I'd also like to see Central get a team. It would be a nice GLIAC-MACtion balance. But I haven't heard any rumours out of Mt. Pleasant so that's a pipe dream.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Schools on the radar in the region:

MAC:
                              Kent State (had a team, dropped it, probably won’t come back short of replacing their insufficient rink)
                              Ohio (see: Kent State)
                              Never heard any actual rumors about EMU, CMU, NIU, Buffalo, etc outside of baseless fanboy speculation on here.

Horizon League:
                              Oakland U (participated in feasibility study, “passed with flying colors”)
                              UIC (had team, dropped it, has a good arena, but supposedly doesn’t have ice making capability anymore)

GLIAC:
                              Wayne State (see: Kent State, but with even fewer fans and no actual rink)
                              Nobody in any serious capacity AFAIK
                              Also… no more D-II play ups unless the NCAA reclassifies hockey like they did with the women’s side.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                                Rumors:

Assumptions:

Facts:
                                Agreed on that. When taken as a whole, nothing points to immediate action. But if the past 20 years have shown us anything, it's that when rumors refuse to die, there is a chance that there is some truth behind them.
                                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Working...
                                X