UAA New Season New Digs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    If it means we can kick Merrimack to the curb and go to 12 teams by taking both I'm all for it!
    Ouch. Why so much hate towards Merrimack? Sure they have a small arena, but they upgraded it big time. And the rest of the athletic department went D1. I also think they were number 1 in the county for a lot of the season like 7-8 years ago. However the drop off has been severe. Interested to hear your thoughts. I applied there and got in but chose to go elsewhere. But I remember on my tour thinking it was cool they were playing up with the big boys in Hockey East.

Comment

Re: UAA New Season New Digs

Originally posted by Keith-Stone View Post
      Ouch. Why so much hate towards Merrimack? Sure they have a small arena, but they upgraded it big time. And the rest of the athletic department went D1. I also think they were number 1 in the county for a lot of the season like 7-8 years ago. However the drop off has been severe. Interested to hear your thoughts. I applied there and got in but chose to go elsewhere. But I remember on my tour thinking it was cool they were playing up with the big boys in Hockey East.
      It has nothing to do with their financial commitment and everything to do with I just don't like Merrimack, and getting rid of Boston University isn't an option

Comment

Considering the actions of the Shady Seven and the idiot in the governor's mansion, what are the odds we see you guys in Alfond Arena this October? Is the 2019-20 season really in jeopardy, or is that just talk?

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          Considering the actions of the Shady Seven and the idiot in the governor's mansion, what are the odds we see you guys in Alfond Arena this October? Is the 2019-20 season really in jeopardy, or is that just talk?
          I’m not a Seawolf, but the budget issue is pending an override vote that will happen sometime next week. If that doesn’t go through there is some talk about funding UA through the state capital budget, which is separate from the state operating budget. One step at a time.

But if neither happens and UAF/UAA really do absorb a 41% state funding cut in addition to whatever federal matches are lost as a result of losing state funding, hard and significant institutional decisions will happen very quickly.
          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Keith-Stone View Post
            I also think they were number 1 in the county for a lot of the season like 7-8 years ago.
            2 weeks in December, 2011 is not "a lot of the season". They were out of the Top 10 by mid-February. Aside from that 3 months of glory that season, they have done very little since joining Hockey East. They've had home ice in the quarter finals exactly twice in 30 seasons (1997 and 2011).
            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

-
              Originally posted by ScottK View Post
              2 weeks in December, 2011 is not "a lot of the season". They were out of the Top 10 by mid-February. Aside from that 3 months of glory that season, they have done very little since joining Hockey East. They've had home ice in the quarter finals exactly twice in 30 seasons (1997 and 2011).
              I don't want to co-opt this thread, but in 1997 Merrimack only had home ice because Maine was ineligible for the Hockey East tournament as they finished in 5th (albeit one point out of 4th). After that they had 12 straight seasons finishing 7th or lower. Their best run was from 2009-13 when they finished 6th, 4th, 5th and 6th, before dropping back to the bottom third of the league. Merrimack has the worst overall record, the worst league record, the second worst (by just over .001%) regular season record and the second worst HE tournament record (only UConn is worse) of all teams all-time in Hockey East. Their one bright spot is in regular season non-league play, where they are 8th, but have a 0.573 winning percentage.

Sean
              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
              BU Hockey highlights and extras
              NCAA Hockey Financials
              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Working...
              X