Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Next year will be interesting for sure. They will be very good, but I’m not sure if they’ll be elite enough to contend for a national championship. I’m hoping they get Tim Doherty (the Maine grad transfer). He’d provide great forward depth. Goaltending will be elite (obviously) with Knight in net again. The forward group will have a great top two lines. The success of the bottom two lines will be imperative to the success of our season. I’m fairly optimistic about the forwards though. The real concern comes on defense. One senior (Karow) and no juniors. The third d-pairing is going to be BRUTAL as of right now. They will need to bring in at least one more D-man before the start of the season since we only have 6 D right now. Here’s a glimpse at how the forward lines and d-pairings might look next year:

Hardman - Newhook - Boldy
    McBain - Ambrosio - Hutsko
    Nesterenko - Giles - Weight
    Roy - McLaughlin - Joyce
    (Posma and Carreau were omitted)

Karow - Helleson
    Warren - Powell
    Agnew - Andres

Comment

If you return Hutsko, Newhook, Boldy and Knight to go with guys like McBain, McLaughlin and Hardman...that's plenty to compensate for a weaker backend of the roster. I'll have to look at the list of recruits but the trio of forwards is very good. Ambrosio, Nesterenko, and Weight all had good years. Think you forgot Tim Lovell on defense and I don't think Joyce will be a regular.

Comment

Posma and Carreau would see the ice over Joyce. Think he is a legacy player but not much expected of him.

Comment

Posma probably has an edge on Roy too. With Rasanen leaving I could definitely see them in the market for a grad transfer though.

They also have Stephen Davis on defense. No matter how the D shakes out there's no question that will be the biggest area of concern.

Comment

But with that said, I don't see any reason they couldn't compete for a national title based on returning firepower and Knight alone. I guess as long as they get something from Ambrosio, Nesterenko and Weight which I think they will.

Comment

Looking back to what York did in previous years when Defense was a little understaffed he always took a forward and developed one into a defenseman either as a regular Dman or quite often as a PP Dman. It could even be one of the better forwards. Remember how he did it with Brian Boyle. Who on this squad do you think may fit that bill? McLaughlin was a great 2 way player.

Comment

As this thread runs out I can only say that this was one of my favorite teams. Lots of skill and hustle. My only regret is not having the opportunity to knock Cornell out of the tourney. Looking forward to next season!

Feel free to finish this one while I start another for next season.
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                  Remember how he did it with Brian Boyle.
                  Man, don't even get me started on that one again. You remember how that ended, right?
                  The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                  BC - 12
                  BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Take solace Pro, we knocked them out in the simulation. I like this team as well, particularly the top line and the emergence of the Freshmen line. Those 25 wins were without Giles for much of the season. He was a solid 4th line center and good on the PK. Glad Hutsko is coming back, he is one of my favorite players over the past 4 years. Lots of good things to look forward to for next year, if there is a next year for hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                      Man, don't even get me started on that one again. You remember how that ended, right?
                      What a way to end a thread. Rehashing 2007. If Boyle wasn't robbed by Jeff Lerg it would have ended differently. His gaffe after that faceoff that led to the tie goal certainly jumps out. However they probably never would have been in that game if he wasn't transferred to Defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Posma probably has an edge on Roy too. With Rasanen leaving I could definitely see them in the market for a grad transfer though.

They also have Stephen Davis on defense. No matter how the D shakes out there's no question that will be the biggest area of concern.
                        Yeah I had no idea whether Roy, Joyce, Posma, or Carreau would start. On my projected rosters chart I have Stephen Davis coming in 2021. He’s only 18 years old and had only 7 points in 45 games. He was also -29 in +/-. He definitely needs another year in the USHL. I did forget about Tim Lovell though. That’s a good catch. I’d like to see him complete another year in the USHL, but he’ll probably be here next season. He’s small but a good puck mover. I still think we need to bring in another D-man. A grad transfer would be really helpful to give us some experience on the backend.

Comment

Working...
                        X