Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    RPI not allowing fans next weekend. I have to think more teams will do the same.
    Wow ridiculous. Are they shutting down classes as well at schools in the area? All public transportation in the area?
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

RPI not allowing fans next weekend. I have to think more teams will do the same.
      Have to believe they are more concerned with fans coming from other places. I believe the capital district only has one case whereas the Biogen conference in Boston that had cases is a Cambridge centered company.

Westchester county north of NYC and the area around Seattle are the only 2 highly centered areas for it in the country as of now. I can see those areas closing off events.
      Last edited by BC/HE; 03-08-2020, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Getting back to the RPI had one game gone differently today BC would probably be back into 4th in the PWR. After the Yale win BC moved .0001 closer to 4th being off by .0005. Then with the Notre Dame loss to Minnesota BC dropped to .0015 behind. The reason: UMD's 2 wins over Minnesota gave them a boost and BC's 2 wins over Notre Dame suddenly became less valuable. Had the result been reversed it likely would have given BC enough of a boost to pass UMD.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          I think I posed this before but would you rather be in Worcester with UMD or potentially Albany with Cornell? Selfishly, Worcester would be great but...
          Definitely Albany. As of today I think we would get ASU and the winner of Cornell v Michigan. A possible semifinal v Minnesota St. The other side of the bracket would have (1) North Dakota , (4) UMD & (5) Denver.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
            Getting back to the RPI had one game gone differently today BC would probably be back into 4th in the PWR. After the Yale win BC moved .0001 closer to 4th being off by .0005. Then with the Notre Dame loss to Minnesota BC dropped to .0015 behind. The reason: UMD's 2 wins over Minnesota gave them a boost and BC's 2 wins over Notre Dame suddenly became less valuable. Had the result been reversed it likely would have given BC enough of a boost to pass UMD.
            I'm ok with it since I won't be subjected to Jeff Jackson hockey in the tournament

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
              Definitely Albany. As of today I think we would get ASU and the winner of Cornell v Michigan. A possible semifinal v Minnesota St. The other side of the bracket would have (1) North Dakota , (4) UMD & (5) Denver.

Go Eagles!
              That's a good point. Obviously you have to beat good teams along the way but avoiding that NCHC triumvirate until the national title game so you only have to beat one of them would be ideal. I know, getting ahead of myself.

Comment

I know I had brought this up a few months or years back with regard to recruiting but to update this list... it's really interesting to see how this senior class mostly stuck together. I used to track recruiting in a spreadsheet, at one point I just stopped updating it when life got busy but this "snapshot" of where we once stood is interesting. At this one point in time, our current senior class looked like this:

Graham McPhee
                Connor Moore
                David Cotton
                Luke McInnis
                Michael Campoli
                Joseph Woll
                Jesper Mattila
                Michael Booth
                Logan Hutsko
                Julius Mattila
                Mike Merulla
                Ryan Edquist

10 of those 12 are still here; Booth and Campoli didn't work out and left. No one left early for the pros from this list. Further down the line into the future from that point in time of said "snapshot", obviously it's less certain but I do find it crazy how these classes turned out (it probably worked out fairly reasonably well for us given where we are now).

2017 at one point was Monte Graham, Joseph Cassetti, Mitchell Martan, Casey Carreau, Zach Walker, and Eeli Tolvanen. 2 of those 6 are still here, and Carreau left for a year off and came back so at one point it was only 1 of 6.

2018 was TJ Walsh, Chris Grando, Patrick Giles, Adam Samuelsson, Jacob Tortora, and Jacques Bouquot. 1 of 6 still here.

2019 at this point in time was only Patrick Moynihan, he never materialized at the Heights. And 2020 was Knight, he accelerated.

Pretty nuts to see how much the 2016 class stuck together and the next three classes contributed 4 players to the current roster out of 14 on the list at one point in time. I'd say things worked out well but crazy to see how the early commits fared.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                  Wow ridiculous. Are they shutting down classes as well at schools in the area? All public transportation in the area?
                  All great points . Jesus , SMH

Comment

Hey, don't push Hutsko out the door just yet...only a junior. Or are you saying he was pushed back a year?

Comment

I know Spencer Knight is good, but he's not so good that Joe Woll didn't leave early.

Comment

Huh

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                          I know Spencer Knight is good, but he's not so good that Joe Woll didn't leave early.
                          There’s a reason why he was drafted high in the NHL

No offense to Woll but he was not drafted as high and as part of the freshman class he is one reason for the turnaround season for BC 🦅

I am wondering if BC is considering just playing the game without fans like Harvard
                          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Hey, don't push Hutsko out the door just yet...only a junior. Or are you saying he was pushed back a year?
                            Interesting I missed that yesterday. I assume the sheet was accurate at one time and he was pushed back perhaps due to his injury? We had some fortune by getting him rather than him attending Pedd State.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Was thinking about league awards...

COTY: Coin flip between Gendron and Cav, I actually think Cav is more deserving but Gendron will win because Maine finished one point ahead. Give it to whoever wins this weekend.
                              POTY: Dugan only two more points than Newhook in league play. Does that open the door for Swayman to win this thing?
                              ROTY: Newhook. Should be a unanimous slam dunk decision but probably won't be.

Knight should be on all rookie team and 2nd team league all star

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                                I know I had brought this up a few months or years back with regard to recruiting but to update this list... it's really interesting to see how this senior class mostly stuck together. I used to track recruiting in a spreadsheet, at one point I just stopped updating it when life got busy but this "snapshot" of where we once stood is interesting. At this one point in time, our current senior class looked like this:

Graham McPhee
                                Connor Moore
                                David Cotton
                                Luke McInnis
                                Michael Campoli
                                Joseph Woll
                                Jesper Mattila
                                Michael Booth
                                Logan Hutsko
                                Julius Mattila
                                Mike Merulla
                                Ryan Edquist

10 of those 12 are still here; Booth and Campoli didn't work out and left. No one left early for the pros from this list. Further down the line into the future from that point in time of said "snapshot", obviously it's less certain but I do find it crazy how these classes turned out (it probably worked out fairly reasonably well for us given where we are now).

2017 at one point was Monte Graham, Joseph Cassetti, Mitchell Martan, Casey Carreau, Zach Walker, and Eeli Tolvanen. 2 of those 6 are still here, and Carreau left for a year off and came back so at one point it was only 1 of 6.

2018 was TJ Walsh, Chris Grando, Patrick Giles, Adam Samuelsson, Jacob Tortora, and Jacques Bouquot. 1 of 6 still here.

2019 at this point in time was only Patrick Moynihan, he never materialized at the Heights. And 2020 was Knight, he accelerated.

Pretty nuts to see how much the 2016 class stuck together and the next three classes contributed 4 players to the current roster out of 14 on the list at one point in time. I'd say things worked out well but crazy to see how the early commits fared.
                                Pretty crazy to see what has happened with Tortora. Was a great player in midgets, played really well at the NTDP. Comes to BC, experiences some difficulties, leaves after a year, goes to the OHL and gets released a year there and is out of hockey right now
                                Last edited by sigx15; 03-10-2020, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X