Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
    In other news, DU coughed up a lead and tied CC last night as we all fight for the last #1 overall seed. UMD won vs SCSU.

BC currently projected 56% to get the last #1 seed in Worcester.
    The way it is shaping up is that BC is likely to finish 4th or 6th. It all comes down to who has the better RPI; BC or Minnesota Duluth. Denver either solidly wins or loses the comparison with BC and UMD so that will not change. BC and UMD are very tight in RPI and whoever has the lead there will be in 4th. If BC loses that then they fall to 6th behind Denver. When BC is 4th UMD is 5th. Only a team like UMass or Penn State going on a run will likely get BC at 5th.

Comment

24-8-2 is a great regular season

Could have lost this one in OT...do they have an overtime problem?

Comment

In a lot of ways I’m glad they could have one last “get it out of their system” games before the real season begins and have it be a tie without being super damaging to PWR (I think). Plus this was without Cotton.

Biggest thing now is making sure Cotton doesn’t have Coronavirus (kidding) and he is somewhat quarantined right now (partially kidding) so this doesn’t run through the team ... whatever it is.
        Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          24-8-2 is a great regular season

Could have lost this one in OT...do they have an overtime problem?
          Records can be deceiving but this team passes the eye test more than some of these previous BC teams (all those 2013 and latter teams ...2014 had no chance as a 1 line team for instance and anyone watching knew it).

Do we feel like this squad has a shutdown line. Does it matter?
          Originally posted by reBlur
          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

It would have to be the Mc line (can I say that?). That's actually one thing I have been meaning to track. To see if York has been using that line against the other team's top line. I'm not sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
              The way it is shaping up is that BC is likely to finish 4th or 6th. It all comes down to who has the better RPI; BC or Minnesota Duluth. Denver either solidly wins or loses the comparison with BC and UMD so that will not change. BC and UMD are very tight in RPI and whoever has the lead there will be in 4th. If BC loses that then they fall to 6th behind Denver. When BC is 4th UMD is 5th. Only a team like UMass or Penn State going on a run will likely get BC at 5th.
              How does that work? For a 3 way tie they use RPI to break the tie and then go back to the regular PWR comparison for the remaining two teams?

Comment

York said Cotton was staying off campus at a hotel with his parents since they were up for senior night. But Merulla is Cotton's roommate and he apparently missed tonight's game because he has it now. Not the time for this to happen...

And on that note, are we getting closer to games where fans aren't allowed?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  How does that work? For a 3 way tie they use RPI to break the tie and then go back to the regular PWR comparison for the remaining two teams?
                  If Minn Duluth passes BC in RPI they flip the comparison with BC. No longer is it a 3 way tie at 55 comparisons in which BC is on top because of RPI. It becomes 56UMD, 55Denver, 54BC thus moving BC from 4th to 6th. As for a 3 way tie it is all by RPI, in this case 4BC, 5UMD, 6DU.

I should not have included UMass making a run as they have dug too far a hole in comparison to Denver. Besides Penn State, Clarkson making a run could flip a Denver comparison moving BC from 6th to 5th.
                  Last edited by BC/HE; 03-07-2020, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    That's what I get for rooting for BU...Providence it is.

I could see another 3 game classic like lady year.
                    Maybe or maybe not

I think it is a favorable matchup because PC has not been playing well

Last night was a meaningless game with 1st place wrapped up and BC played like it was a meaningless game and lucky to get a point and avert a loss.

On the other hand it’s not meaningless if you are going after Worcester as a one seed

Simply win the HE tournament

Easier said than done ✅
                    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Hah! I was following the game on the CHN app and turned the IPad off when it showed UHN scoring in OT. I didn’t find out the goal was disallowed until this morning. Reminds me of the snow bowl playoff game against Oakland when I turned the tv off when Brady fumbled. I was watching the news the next morning when I heard them talking about a great Patriots comeback. And that’s when I heard about the tuck rule!
                      Originally posted by mookie1995
                      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                        If Minn Duluth passes BC in RPI they flip the comparison with BC. No longer is it a 3 way tie at 55 comparisons in which BC is on top because of RPI. It becomes 56UMD, 55Denver, 54BC thus moving BC from 4th to 6th. As for a 3 way tie it is all by RPI, in this case 4BC, 5UMD, 6DU.

I should not have included UMass making a run as they have dug too far a hole in comparison to Denver. Besides Penn State, Clarkson making a run could flip a Denver comparison moving BC from 6th to 5th.
                        Hard to believe that one tie, not even a loss, dropped them back behind both Duluth and Denver. The strength of schedule difference truly is killer and now their destiny as to a one seed is out of their hands if Duluth keeps winning. Guess we temporarily have a second favorite team, whomever Duluth is playing.
                        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                        BC - 12
                        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

50 shots on goal, 25 in the second period. When was the last time someone put up 50 on BC, the defense must of decided they didn't want to risk injury. Wow. That was costly for the pairwise., now for a little humility. JY will have them ready this week end.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                            Hah! I was following the game on the CHN app and turned the IPad off when it showed UHN scoring in OT. I didn’t find out the goal was disallowed until this morning. Reminds me of the snow bowl playoff game against Oakland when I turned the tv off when Brady fumbled. I was watching the news the next morning when I heard them talking about a great Patriots comeback. And that’s when I heard about the tuck rule!
                            Did you miss the end of the "Heidi" game too?

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                              Did you miss the end of the "Heidi" game too?
                              We all missed it! Back in the day it was an annual event to see Heidi, much like The Wizard of Oz used to only be seen once a year.
                              Originally posted by mookie1995
                              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Curious what you guys thought of Knight last night. The numbers look good, but the eye test was meh. He was complicit in all “four” goals. In comparison, Robinson’s numbers don’t look good but he had no chance on at least two of them because of BC’s forwards execution. Was last night an aberration? Note, I’m NOT saying he looked bad, just thinking Knight will need to be better going forward.
                                Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X