Minnesota Golden Gophers 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Golden Gophers 2020-2021

How bout that start for dem Gophers this season?

The best in recent memory, no question! Michigan away will be a real test.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Gophers looking Golden!

Comment

Minnesota finished the road trip against Michigan St. and Michigan tonight with a shutout by LaFontaine over the Wolverines. I thought they looked good again this series despite missing some lead players for the Junior National Team camp. I know that Michigan was also missing players, but I thought we looked good regardless. It was also nice to see Sammy Walker pick up another goal. It's too bad that there's a break now since the team is playing so well, but they should obviously feel confident heading into the rest of the season 8-0.

Comment

LaFontaine was clearly the difference in tonight's 4-0 rematch, the other being the Wolverines failing to capitalize on any their Grade A chances while the Gophers were able to cash in on four of theirs. Great hockey series and I'm looking forward to the games in Minnesota when both teams are at full strength.
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Am I to understand there has been no rodent season thread until 12/4 or was one filled and closed out already?
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
              LaFontaine was clearly the difference in tonight's 4-0 rematch, the other being the Wolverines failing to capitalize on any their Grade A chances while the Gophers were able to cash in on four of theirs. Great hockey series and I'm looking forward to the games in Minnesota when both teams are at full strength.
              It was a good game to watch and the Michigan players were clearly getting frustrated and I'm surprised their frustration didn't result in a more chippy game.
              My wife's a Wolverine and she was yelling at the TV upset Michigan never got the puck in the net on multiple occasions on the doorstep!
              LaFontaine has definitely grown into a solid A+ goalie and I'm looking forward to our rematch on OSU's home ice.
              Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 12-10-2020, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                Am I to understand there has been no rodent season thread until 12/4 or was one filled and closed out already?
                There are two better message board options people go to rather than this slow disaster

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                  There are two better message board options people go to rather than this slow disaster
                  Wow. It's nuts how the rodents just flat out abandoned this tunnel system. Kinda sad actually.

Check out the "is the forum dead" thread on the women's forum for info as to what is going on here if you don't already know the details.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Wow. It's nuts how the rodents just flat out abandoned this tunnel system. Kinda sad actually.

Check out the "is the forum dead" thread on the women's forum for info as to what is going on here if you don't already know the details.
                    Very sad, actually. 10-15 years ago it was pretty darn fun with all the Sioux, Badger, Bulldog & Huskey fans bantering. The occasional Beaver thread was a hoot to boot. Sigh.
                    You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

This has been a weird season. My mind is soooo off with these crazy odd days scheduled games. I didn't even watch or listen to part of a game before the Gophs were 4-0 or something. Then they kept winning and I started to get excited....still missing games here and there and finding out after the fact that they kept on winning. Then the split with BADgers and a sweep by ND got me a bit down. Then this week again is all wackadoo schedule again and I checked here for the latest polls and news.

What's that I see at the top score banner? Gophs up 4-1 over ASU already. Then I checked Gophers page here and saw a typo 10-0 win yesterday....*** yeah right.
                      Can someone please explain this?.... Is the entire ASU team sick with COVID and they are playing the Phoenix HS Elite team?

I haven't witnessed a Gopher beat down like that for ~20 odd years. Reminds me of the 9-3 regional win over Mercyhurt, only worse. Or, some odd non-conference games back in the old WCHA days of the later 90's against some ECAC oppenent.

I hope the games from yesterday is replayed.....sounds like a turkey shoot!!

National Champions: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003

Comment

10-0 and 10-2 against Arizona! Wow!

Would you say Ben Meyers is a potential candidate for an NHL contract?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Danger View Post
                          10-0 and 10-2 against Arizona! Wow!

Would you say Ben Meyers is a potential candidate for an NHL contract?
                          Minnesota has a great team & no disrespect intended, but you do realize that 1/3rd of ASU's typical line up was missing & they brought in their club team's goalie to back up the loss of their regular goalie? You shouldn't get too excited about the wins. BTW, University of Arizona does not play NCAA Division 1 hockey.

Comment

i do know that Arizona doesn't play Division 1, bute they're not a bad program. they have some problems this season (with Pasichnuk and Maniscalco gone, having singed NHL contracts)

Comment

Johnny, Diablo was pointing out that it was Arizona STATE that the Gophers played and beat, not Arizona. ASU DOES play Div 1, it is the Univ of Arizona that does not. Any Gopher fan that would come to this chat forum would have to be a diehard, and hence would know that the ASU team they demolished was hurting and no where near full strength, so we probably didn't need you to inform us of that Diablo, and a Rabid Gopher fan even asked if the whole ASU team was sick or not, so thanks for filling us in, but very few diehard Gopher fans will put too much into the weekend blowout of ASU. And the first 2 game series vs ASU was probably a far more accurate picture of how good ASU was or would be at full strength, with scores of 4-1 and 6-4. Still comfortable wins for the Gophers, but far more competitive. I remember ASU was ranked going into that 1st series, with a sweep of Wisc and garnering a win and a tie vs OSU just prior to playing the Gophers the first time. Even their 2 losses to PSU were both OT games, showing ASU to be good enough to compete in the B1G Conf. Also have to acknowledge that it seems ALL of their games this season are played on the road. So their going 1-5 in the last 6 games shouldn't be seen so much as a reflection of how bad they are, but should be looked at in context. 2 of those losses were to Wisconsin, whom they already had 2 wins against, then the 2 games vs UMn which they played with a depleted roster, and a split with Notre Dame.

So far, they are 2-2 vs Wisc and 2-2 vs Notre Dame and 1-0-1 vs OSU. That's not bad considering all 6 of those games were road games. Hard to blame them for going 0-4 vs the Gophers. Their 2 losses to PSU were OT losses, so they next 2 could be wins. They don't need to sweep MSU, just get a win and a tie to get a split with them. They did get wholloped by Michigan the first time around, so it might not be easy to get a split vs them, but it''s possible, and all they need is 1 tie in their 2 games vs OSU to garner at least a split. So they could pull off splits with each team in the B1G cept for the Gophers, while playing every game on the road. Not exactly what I'd call shabby.

Comment

Working...
                              X