Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• omahasioux1
    replied
    Won the pod, now win the second half. Can't afford Pinto being hurt.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied
    Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    Nice OT win tonight. Scheel played great - a couple world class saves. Some sloppy play, mostly bad turnovers and lots of pucks bouncing in front of the net. We need to remember that we are five players short. The flow of the game will get better.
    You can see the difference in this team when the defensemen are asked to not play as aggressively, to drop back as opposed to pinch down, etc... It's a pretty passive game. As shorthanded as the team is, I understand the plan, to try not to expose the D, but it makes it harder to sustain a forecheck for any period of time.

The strategy has worked thus far against WMU and SCSU. Let's see if it also works against UMD on Saturday. Hopefully we'll at least have six players back on the blueline.

Leave a comment:

• Siouxfaninseattle
    replied
    Nice OT win tonight. Scheel played great - a couple world class saves. Some sloppy play, mostly bad turnovers and lots of pucks bouncing in front of the net. We need to remember that we are five players short. The flow of the game will get better.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied
    A pretty solid effort against WMU. They played the game they needed to play while shorthanded and a bit gassed from the schedule. Did a better job of cashing in on a couple of the open nets during the rush.

Hope the boys are getting some rest, finishing up finals, and getting ready for a big game against SCSU Wednesday. Last time they'll see this team, outside of possible playoff scenarios.

Leave a comment:

• omahasioux1
    replied
    Originally posted by Goon View Post

I don't think UND has played too bad. Last night, Berry said they needed to play more disciplined. I think taking penalties late in the game, isn't ideal and should be cleaned up.
    Turnovers in our end and not hitting the net have become a issue.

Leave a comment:

• Siouxfaninseattle
    replied
    I agree - they are playing pretty good. Not so great against Denver, but not bad by any means. I also thought they were the better team against Duluth, but I couldn't understand why they went to gaining the red line and shooting the puck into the zone and playing fetch. They have been pretty successful carrying the puck into the o-zone. I'm curious to see how they play St. Cloud.

Leave a comment:

• Goon
    replied
    Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

They're fine. In my opinion they were the slightly better team last night. They had the better opportunities, just didn't cash in.

Those are three good teams that will be there at the end of the year.
    I don't think UND has played too bad. Last night, Berry said they needed to play more disciplined. I think taking penalties late in the game, isn't ideal and should be cleaned up.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied
    They have coughed up the lead late in the third in the last two games. It will cost them in the standings. I liked the new line combos - I wonder if BB will stick with them. All four lines played pretty good. Hopefully Hain can play this weekend.
    They're fine. In my opinion they were the slightly better team last night. They had the better opportunities, just didn't cash in.

Those are three good teams that will be there at the end of the year.

Leave a comment:

• Siouxfaninseattle
    replied
    They have coughed up the lead late in the third in the last two games. It will cost them in the standings. I liked the new line combos - I wonder if BB will stick with them. All four lines played pretty good. Hopefully Hain can play this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied
    I wonder how the D will do with both Sanderson and Kleven gone. Still a pretty solid bunch. Moore looked in his first game yesterday.
    It'll be a good test for them. Pretty solid stretch of games to play with only six defensemen, and two with practically no experience. A game against a desperate Denver team, two against Duluth, two against a very quick St. Cloud squad.

Leave a comment:

• Siouxfaninseattle
    replied
    I wonder how the D will do with both Sanderson and Kleven gone. Still a pretty solid bunch. Moore looked in his first game yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied
    Originally posted by jersey sioux View Post
    Did we get 3 points for the overtime win?
    No, 2.

Leave a comment:

• jersey sioux
    replied
    Did we get 3 points for the overtime win?

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied
    I thought the team looked fine last night for being the first game. In past years we've seen the exhibition game against Manitoba start out a little ragged, which is to be expected.

In each period, as time wore on, UND became better and controlled all the play.

I've watched all four NCHC games thus far. It's kind of fun to have college hockey on each night. St. Cloud's speed impressed me, and I thought Duluth has looked pretty solid given their losses on defense. I would have liked to have seen Duluth and Denver play after each team had at least a game under their belt because while I though Denver controlled a good amount of the play last night, the fact that it was their first game made a lot of their scoring chances difficult simply due to timing.

Leave a comment:

• Sol Diablo
    replied
    Looking good!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X