UND 20-21 Season - There Might Be A Tournament in March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
    Looking for some advice for a tourist. Planning on attending the Colorado College games next week (if they happen). Never been to ND. Be there for the weekend. Planning on some ice fishing at Devil's Lake. Any other points of interest to hit? Things with beer preferred! Thanks.
    Good choice on the ice fishing at Devils Lake. Great spot.

There are a couple of small breweries in the area that aren't bad. One of my favorites is Drekker Brewing in Fargo. Great facility and a lot of beers that I like. The only problem is if you're staying in Grand Forks you have an hours drive back from the brewery.

Probably not going to be a lot else going on. It is January, and it is Grand Forks.

Enjoy your trip!
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
      Looking for some advice for a tourist. Planning on attending the Colorado College games next week (if they happen). Never been to ND. Be there for the weekend. Planning on some ice fishing at Devil's Lake. Any other points of interest to hit? Things with beer preferred! Thanks.
      Bring layers of clothes to adjust to the weather. Most of the fun bars are downtown, by the river & across to the other river bank in East Grand Forks. If you have time you can go to a Fargo Force game in Fargo if they are playing there that weekend.

Comment

Thanks for the tips for the games. Let's hope they play!

Comment

Nice sweep over an undermanned CC team. I think they will be a pretty good team when the freshmen (12) get more experience. UND has a good chance to solidify their chance of taking the Penrose with another sweep at Omaha next weekend. Omaha is not going to be an easy out - they are playing good hockey. A split would not be all bad.
          Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Penne Rosa! Fourth conference championship in the eight year history of the league. Now about that elusive playoff championship.....

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
              Penne Rosa! Fourth conference championship in the eight year history of the league. Now about that elusive playoff championship.....
              They are playing really good hockey right now. I hope they can continue for another month-and-a-half, but it has been very enjoyable to watch this team of late. Also, big congratulations to Brad Berry. The team this weekend was laser focused on the task at hand, and they absolutely destroyed a good Omaha squad. We will see how well they can keep focus these next two games.

As for the NCHC Tournament title, while obviously the bigger prize lies a bit beyond that, the setup this year is about as tailormade as it could get for UND to win. They've won 13 in a row at home (and 27 of their last 28). Here's to hoping they can capture that first NCHC Tournament title, and then complete the trifecta for the first time since 1997!
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

They are playing really good hockey right now. I hope they can continue for another month-and-a-half, but it has been very enjoyable to watch this team of late. Also, big congratulations to Brad Berry. The team this weekend was laser focused on the task at hand, and they absolutely destroyed a good Omaha squad. We will see how well they can keep focus these next two games.

As for the NCHC Tournament title, while obviously the bigger prize lies a bit beyond that, the setup this year is about as tailormade as it could get for UND to win. They've won 13 in a row at home (and 27 of their last 28). Here's to hoping they can capture that first NCHC Tournament title, and then complete the trifecta for the first time since 1997!
                I thought the Saturday game was their most complete game of the season. They will be very hard to beat if they can continue at that level. BTW, what is the CC rule?

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post

I thought the Saturday game was their most complete game of the season. They will be very hard to beat if they can continue at that level. BTW, what is the CC rule?
                  The CC Rule was that any regular season champion from the big 4 conferences at the time (CCHA, ECAC, Hockey East, and WCHA) would receive an auto bid into the NCAA tournament. I forget exactly what year it was (maybe 1994?), but CC won the MacNaughton, but lost in the first round of the WCHA tournament. They weren't selected for the NCAAs, and the CC Rule was born.
                  North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

How many players are we losing to DQ's this week against Omaha?

Comment

Originally posted by jersey sioux View Post
                      How many players are we losing to DQ's this week against Omaha?
                      Supposedly just one each team. Bast for UND.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        Supposedly just one each team. Bast for UND.
                        Missed Sat's game, and couldn't find coverage of that last minute (not on CHN, USCHO, GFHerald, etc). Followed CHN Live Box, and things just paused for 20 min at 00:58 - then listed about 18 penalties and misconducts. Then the game ended. Not hard to guess the big picture, but where can I read about what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by bik4u62 View Post

Missed Sat's game, and couldn't find coverage of that last minute (not on CHN, USCHO, GFHerald, etc). Followed CHN Live Box, and things just paused for 20 min at 00:58 - then listed about 18 penalties and misconducts. Then the game ended. Not hard to guess the big picture, but where can I read about what happened?
                          Here is the video.

https://***********/ChrisDilks/statu...21223506231298

Comment

I am hoping the Omaha loss on senior night hits very hard! The Denver loss sparked the remainder of the season. Single elimination is also a huge motivator. Not even lowly Miami can be overlooked. All NCHC teams will have a special hatred for the Sioux. Why was Scheel not started against Omaha?

Comment

Originally posted by jersey sioux View Post
                              I am hoping the Omaha loss on senior night hits very hard! The Denver loss sparked the remainder of the season. Single elimination is also a huge motivator. Not even lowly Miami can be overlooked. All NCHC teams will have a special hatred for the Sioux. Why was Scheel not started against Omaha?
                              It was Senior night
                              "My greatest achievement."
                              Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Sioux were lights out in the first 7 minutes jumping to a 3-0 lead over Miami then coasted from there to 6-2 win. Probably tough to stay focused when you crushing the other team but Miami did not give an inch and was competitive throughout the game. Biggest concern was Sioux D-man Jacob Bernard-Docker going into the boards awkwardly late in the game and not returning. Sioux will play either Western Michigan, Omaha, or DU in the semifinals Monday. I'd prefer they play anyone but Omaha as they have already played about 29 times this season.
                                License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

Working...
                                X