No announcement yet.

UND 20-21 Season - There Might Be A Tournament in March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won the pod, now win the second half. Can't afford Pinto being hurt.

Comment

I thought they played as well last night as I've seen them play, maybe since the Thanksgiving game last year against Minnesota. It was clear from the beginning of that game that Miami had no chance.

They will be a very hard team to beat if they play anywhere close to that the rest of the year.

I agree, however, regarding Pinto. He would be a huge loss.

With respect to "winning the pod," a pleasurable side note is to see how Drunk Hockey Guy (dhg) from Duluth is all butt hurt, demanding that the game in hand be noted.

Like Dean Blais always used to say, I'd rather have the points in hand than the game in hand.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Louis Jamernik has joined the team and will be eligible to play in the coming semester. He was playing in the AJHL, but their season has been suspended. I would guess that he could play in the upcoming series at Omaha.
        Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Anybody heard how Pinto is doing?

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
            Anybody heard how Pinto is doing?
            I haven't seen anything. Was hoping Brad would have an update. The fact that they're bringing in an additional forward for the second semester didn't make me feel any better about it though. Hoping the move was because they were a forward down to start the year, and with Blaisdell's injury they realized they are one or two injuries away from being pretty shorthanded.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Games are PPD between Omaha.

Comment

Games are PPD between Omaha.
                Which might work out in our favor. It sounds like Pinto and Blaisdell will be ready to play on the following weekend, and we will have Sanderson and Kleven back. And it gives Jamernik more time to mesh with the team.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  I haven't seen anything. Was hoping Brad would have an update. The fact that they're bringing in an additional forward for the second semester didn't make me feel any better about it though. Hoping the move was because they were a forward down to start the year, and with Blaisdell's injury they realized they are one or two injuries away from being pretty shorthanded.
                  Should be ok from what the Herald article is saying:

Berry said the extra week off should help injured forwards Harrison Blaisdell and Shane Pinto, the team's leading scorer.

Blaisdell missed the last seven games of the NCHC Pod due to an injury he suffered in Game 3 against Western Michigan, while Pinto suffered an upper-body injury during UND's final game of the Pod against Miami on Dec. 20.

There's a chance they could have played Thursday and Friday.

"Those guys are day-to-day here," Berry said. "A week from now they'll be ready to go, absolutely."
                  I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

3-0 win, looked sluggish tonight.

Comment

Were you watching on NCHC.tv? I hope they have the problem that caused the loss of the picture in the third period fixed.

Comment

Agreed. It almost looked like nearly the whole team hadn't played in 3 weeks. : - p

Hopefully they come out tonight a bit crisper and pick up the sweep.

And SFIS, yeah, hopefully the NCHC.tv issue is a quick fix...although the game is on DirecTV tonight (ch. 683).
                        North Dakota
                        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Nice sweep by the boys! Helped by the absence of Cruikshank, but I didn't think CC had any answer for the Adams, Budy, and Mismash line all weekend. There was a point early in the second where I thought the team looked like their legs were a little heavy but they were terrific in the third.

Sure be fun to come back next weekend and pick up two more wins in Colorado.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                            Nice sweep by the boys! Helped by the absence of Cruikshank, but I didn't think CC had any answer for the Adams, Budy, and Mismash line all weekend. There was a point early in the second where I thought the team looked like their legs were a little heavy but they were terrific in the third.

Sure be fun to come back next weekend and pick up two more wins in Colorado.
                            Agreed. Going into the Springs and coming out with 2 wins is a great result...regardless of how strong CC is. That is a difficult place to play, whether it be the altitude, Olympic-size ice, or CC always coming out strong against North Dakota.

Also agreed as to the struggles in the second. A lot of sloppy play, and I can't say I was terribly optimistic that they were going to come away with the full 6 points heading into the third. Fortunately, they picked up their play in the final stanza, and managed to get the sweep. CC only had 3 shots on net in the third period...great defensive effort. Kudos to the CC netminder though...he played tremendous, particularly in the first and portions of the third to really keep CC in the game.

If UND manages to sweep DU this weekend (presuming the games actually get played), I like our chances to win another Penrose. Currently 1 point behind St. Cloud with a game in hand.
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post

Were you watching on NCHC.tv? I hope they have the problem that caused the loss of the picture in the third period fixed.
                              Yes

Comment

Looking for some advice for a tourist. Planning on attending the Colorado College games next week (if they happen). Never been to ND. Be there for the weekend. Planning on some ice fishing at Devil's Lake. Any other points of interest to hit? Things with beer preferred! Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X