Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND 20-21 Season - There Might Be A Tournament in March

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Blackheart View Post
    Sioux were lights out in the first 7 minutes jumping to a 3-0 lead over Miami then coasted from there to 6-2 win. Probably tough to stay focused when you crushing the other team but Miami did not give an inch and was competitive throughout the game. Biggest concern was Sioux D-man Jacob Bernard-Docker going into the boards awkwardly late in the game and not returning. Sioux will play either Western Michigan, Omaha, or DU in the semifinals Monday. I'd prefer they play anyone but Omaha as they have already played about 29 times this season.
    I felt the same way about Omaha! We will face an energized Denver team. I have not seen anything about JBD. Are there any alternatives to CBSsn?

    Comment


    • #47
      Supposedly Berry said JBD is fine. I don't know of any alternative to CBSSN.
      Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
        Supposedly Berry said JBD is fine. I don't know of any alternative to CBSSN.
        I've heard the same re JBD. What I haven't really heard much about is Mismash. Any chance he is back before the end of the season?
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

        Comment


        • #49
          Per Schlossman, JBD is questionable tomorrow night. Mismash is out through the NCHC Tournament with an "upper body injury."

          Jacob Bernard-Docker questionable for NCHC semifinals | Grand Forks Herald
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

          Comment


          • #50
            Congrats on getting the tournament championship win for the first time. That blows my mind this is the first. Solid game. And geez, hitting home that my team has managed to lose this thing in 4 of 7 years of the league being a thing.

            Hoping we aren’t in the same region but I’d put money on that being the case. Looking forward to another matchup this year. I’d prefer it not to be early on.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by SCSU BlackandRed View Post
              Congrats on getting the tournament championship win for the first time. That blows my mind this is the first. Solid game. And geez, hitting home that my team has managed to lose this thing in 4 of 7 years of the league being a thing.

              Hoping we aren’t in the same region but I’d put money on that being the case. Looking forward to another matchup this year. I’d prefer it not to be early on.
              Fantastic game...St Cloud did not give an inch; they just had one bad stretch at the start of the 3rd period. They are definitely a Frozen Four caliber team; congrats to Brett Larson and his squad on an outstanding season so far.
              License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

              Comment


              • #52
                Ouch.
                Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                  Ouch.
                  Yeah. That was a disappointing end to an otherwise tremendous year. However, it is games like last night that make me so thankful for the years we have won it. It gives so much more meaning and importance to those years, and shows just how hard it is to win one national title...let alone eight. Having those titles in the back pocket (along with the conference hardware earned this season) make it ever-so-slightly easier to stomach the heartbreak last night.

                  It will be interesting to see what the roster looks like for next season. Depending on who sticks around, we may be anywhere from a mid-tier NCHC team trying to eke back into the NCAA Tournament, to having another powerhouse season and earning some more hardware. Here's to hoping for the latter... : - )
                  North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

                    Yeah. That was a disappointing end to an otherwise tremendous year. However, it is games like last night that make me so thankful for the years we have won it. It gives so much more meaning and importance to those years, and shows just how hard it is to win one national title...let alone eight. Having those titles in the back pocket (along with the conference hardware earned this season) make it ever-so-slightly easier to stomach the heartbreak last night.

                    It will be interesting to see what the roster looks like for next season. Depending on who sticks around, we may be anywhere from a mid-tier NCHC team trying to eke back into the NCAA Tournament, to having another powerhouse season and earning some more hardware. Here's to hoping for the latter... : - )
                    Already lost 3 underclassmen. I think the only senior we keep is Thome. He's in the transfer portal, but I think he comes back now that Scheel signed.
                    "My greatest achievement."
                    Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

                    I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

                    Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by darker98 View Post

                      Already lost 3 underclassmen. I think the only senior we keep is Thome. He's in the transfer portal, but I think he comes back now that Scheel signed.
                      I think you are probably right about the seniors, and I wouldn't be surprised if Thome decided to play elsewhere. That being said, if Adams, Mismash, or Bast would be interested in coming back, that would be a nice surprise.

                      Sanderson coming back was huge. Our blueline should be okay...especially if Bast decides to come back to play a year with his younger brother. If Thome decides to go elsewhere, then we are probably looking at the portal for a goalie, which would mean a significant question in net (although, heading into 2015-2016 we had extreme questions in net, and Johnson wound up putting together an All-American campaign). We definitely lost a ton of scoring (both high end and depth). If Adams or Mismash (or both) came back, the losses wouldn't be so terrible. We probably will need at least one solid forward from the portal, coupled with a Gaber-type surprise, to be a Top-10 scoring team next year.

                      While it is still way too early to really gauge, I think next season we are probably a 3rd-4th place NCHC Team on the good side of the NCAA Bubble.
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

                        I think you are probably right about the seniors, and I wouldn't be surprised if Thome decided to play elsewhere. That being said, if Adams, Mismash, or Bast would be interested in coming back, that would be a nice surprise.

                        Sanderson coming back was huge. Our blueline should be okay...especially if Bast decides to come back to play a year with his younger brother. If Thome decides to go elsewhere, then we are probably looking at the portal for a goalie, which would mean a significant question in net (although, heading into 2015-2016 we had extreme questions in net, and Johnson wound up putting together an All-American campaign). We definitely lost a ton of scoring (both high end and depth). If Adams or Mismash (or both) came back, the losses wouldn't be so terrible. We probably will need at least one solid forward from the portal, coupled with a Gaber-type surprise, to be a Top-10 scoring team next year.

                        While it is still way too early to really gauge, I think next season we are probably a 3rd-4th place NCHC Team on the good side of the NCAA Bubble.
                        Do you think Cruikshank would be a good get?
                        "My greatest achievement."
                        Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

                        I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

                        Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by darker98 View Post

                          Do you think Cruikshank would be a good get?
                          We could definitely use a Top 6 Center...particularly if Adams doesn't come back. I'm just not sure if Senden is a Top 6 Center, and I don't believe we have one coming in next year.
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X