Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brown Hockey 2019-2020: Hibernation is Over

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
    To be fair, five of our seven power play goals came in the opening weekend against a Yale team that either hasn't clicked yet or won't be any good this year. PC's penalty kill percentage is pretty mediocre (80.4%), but our PP success rate might be a little bit inflated. Another key: Brown has won the three games in which it scored first and lost the five in which it allowed the first goal. Starting strong will be crucial for both teams.

It'll be an interesting game, for sure. I'm just hoping it's closer than the last few Mayor's Cups! PC has outscored us 19-2 since that aforementioned 2016 overtime win. Yikes.
    Yale's PK is operating at 60%. Yikes indeed. You were not kidding.

Then again, PC's power play did not show up against UCONN and their PK isn't great either. Still got 3 out of 4 points.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
      Yale's PK is operating at 60%. Yikes indeed. You were not kidding.

Then again, PC's power play did not show up against UCONN and their PK isn't great either. Still got 3 out of 4 points.
      All I know is, if Brown plays the way they did on Tuesday at Bentley, they’ll be demolished. It was the sloppiest hockey game I’ve ever seen, by both teams. Hoping they were saving it for tomorrow.

Comment

Rough few weeks for the Bears. Nothing seems to be working offensively. Hoping they can catch UMass napping on Tuesday before the long break.

Comment

what's Giuttari's role on the team. of course, he's the captain! but beside that? strenghts? weaknesses? upside maybe?

Comment

I miss Brown hockey.

Comment

Weekend Preview: Yale/Brown

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/20...yalebrown.html
              QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
              2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
              2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
              2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
              https://***********/QHockeyBlog
              https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
              https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Season turning win? A scoring -challenged team scores 4 goals in third, overcomes 2-0 and 3-2 P leads, plays solid D when absolutely necessary, wins without a point from Jallen. Yes, Princeton was opponent but P has always been a tough opponent with good and not so good teams. Trust Brendan can get team to continue.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
                  Season turning win? A scoring -challenged team scores 4 goals in third, overcomes 2-0 and 3-2 P leads, plays solid D when absolutely necessary, wins without a point from Jallen. Yes, Princeton was opponent but P has always been a tough opponent with good and not so good teams. Trust Brendan can get team to continue.
                  Mike, Bears are always very competitive, but Meehan is a tough place to play as a visitor. Big, dark, empty, quiet and in QPak case, comes off packed Yale OT win. A down night but Bears played to draw. A good night for Bear fans and tolerable for QPak fans.....I always count Brown in for night of good hockey. Any ECAC or Hockey East team can win any night against any more their team...

Comment

Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
                    Mike, Bears are always very competitive, but Meehan is a tough place to play as a visitor. Big, dark, empty, quiet and in QPak case, comes off packed Yale OT win. A down night but Bears played to draw. A good night for Bear fans and tolerable for QPak fans.....I always count Brown in for night of good hockey. Any ECAC or Hockey East team can win any night against any more their team...
                    Brown and Q have developed quite the rivalry over the past few years. I think it helps Brown whether playing at Q or at Meehan (dead as it is) that Q plays Yale the day before or after. From the Q thread it seems that Yale is THE GAME for Q. But then there is last year's ECAC playoffs.

Comment

Bears are on a nice run here! A 3-1-1 record in the past five games, with the only loss coming to top-10 Clarkson on the road, is nothing to sneeze at – and it's a great response to that brutal losing streak. Glad to see the offense (and power play!) showing some signs of life after struggling for a couple months after Chris Berger went down to injury. It would be nice to keep it rolling and maybe steal one up at Harvard or Dartmouth. We're still alive for home ice in the playoffs, though the odds are not great since Yale is a few points ahead of us and has the same schedule the rest of the way.

While losing Beaudoin, Nieto, and (especially) Giuttari will be rough, what has me excited for the future is the fact that this is largely an underclassman-led team now. Jallen, Cocca, Maloney, Berger, Crozier, Stillwell, Krys, Kania, Crossman, Marshall, and Niinisaari will form a nice nucleus next season.

Comment

Kudos to Coach Whittet for getting the team to finish the season on a solid 5-4-2 run after it seemed like all was lost. They faced lots of adversary considering the injuries to key contributors, but they hung in there and played some really good teams tough, while beating those that were close to them in the standings.

Too bad they couldn’t quite get home ice, but Colgate seems like a favorable matchup to me, considering Brown has outscored them 7-2 in two wins this season. Hoping that streak continues next weekend in Hamilton. If Gavin Nieto plays as well as he’s been playing, we have a good shot.

Comment

Colgate season ticket holder here and losing both games this season to our first-round opponent is a concern for us, especially considering that we have a losing record at home. he he he

Comment

Working...
                          X